Data Squad Episode 2 Reactions

Subaru/Rockman

#1 Rockman Fan
ok theese are all of the japanese names translated to english
1.Touma=Thomas 2.Masaru=Marcus 3.Yoshino=Yoshino(the name in english is the same for Yoshino)

Twilight_Fox

onkeikun;11955 said:
ETA: I forgot to say that -- it's only been one episode, so I can't judge. But from first impressions alone, I cringe and resign myself to getting used to Sarah's voice. She's changed from Slightly-Airheaded!Sayuri to One-Tough-Mom!Sarah.

ya but Sayuri was a lot different in her first appearance that the rest of the original series. I think she will be more airheaded later.

Gaomon sounded horrible imo. He sounds like an old man in his 30's D: and it doesn't fit him. Dubbers always seem to do that. Like Hawkmon, they made a cute(ish) looking Digimon sound old and not cute. But so far, everything else is ok. I kinda like hearing Rika's voice through Kristy.

celestial_sacred

Hagaren Gao;12049 said:
As for Touma, didn't he want Masaru out of DATS on purpose in the original?

Oh ya. Oops!

I do hope Gaomon sounds better in later episodes or a whole bunch of us will be laughing hard. XD

celestial_sacred;12128 said:
Oh ya. Oops!

I do hope Gaomon sounds better in later episodes or a whole bunch of us will be laughing hard. XD

I hope he sounds better or I'll either start crying at the horribleness or stop watching the dub and watch the original again :D;;.

MugenSeiRyuu

Savers Girls Fanboy
Finally saw it. Although there are mayn changes, I´ll only point out the big ones:

The Scene were Cockatrimon´s Egg breaks into Data while being transported is missing.

Sayuri, whose Voice does not fit for her sweet, kind and ( at first seemingly ) airheaded Nature. She also doesn´t mention his trouble with the Police.

Yoshino still calls Agumon Raptor-1, but she doesn´t in the Original.
She als says that there should be a rule for Agumon to stay in the Digivice, but in the Original she says that a normal Digimon would stay in there.

Takaishi is not mentioned by name.

Raramon says "La...La..." when realizing. Still no "mon".

The Corn Dogs thing.

Flymon and Kunemon have different voices. While in the Original, they could pass as Insects, they now sound more like bears.

Sunflowmon´s Voice is not different enough from Raramon´s. In the Original, you could still hear that she is Raramon, but now a Giant.

PrimoPiccolo

After 100 Million Nights... I'm back!
Again I was amazed at the number of things they didn't change for the American audience. Hopefully Disney'll keep it up.

The worst dubbing in Digimon history had to be when Marcus was shouting to Kristy from behind the cages. I'm almost positive Marcus's mouth is moving without any sound coming out at some points.

And the conversion of MMM (Masaru's Macho Monologues) makes me giggle. "That's what a winner does. Fightin' time again!" I'm not sure what to think of the Marcus Damon character, seems less like he's a somewhat narrow-minded teenager and more like he's auditioning for a reality show. :p

But they're not editing out the majority of the punches, so I can't conplain.

Vande

Evil Incarnate?
When Chika was running outside to see the "monster outside" (around the 6 min 30 mark or so) i seem to have heard Masaru state Chika and not Kristy, yet he calls her Kristy in the rest of the episode.

Chika's voice is meh - the "Rika accent" doesn't fit her
Sayuri - <3 this voice loved the "Busted"
Sunflowmon - seems to be ok
Touma - nice voice
Gaomon - too deep didn't expect that at all

Johnzaloog

DATS Yu-Gi-Oh! Official
Probably already mentioned but wasn't sunflowmon's name gonna be dubbed to sunflowermon. It was one of the first ones to change wasn't it?

PrimoPiccolo

After 100 Million Nights... I'm back!
Johnzaloog said:
Probably already mentioned but wasn't sunflowmon's name gonna be dubbed to sunflowermon. It was one of the first ones to change wasn't it?
Nimoy also said much later that changing the evolution backgrounds is a pain, so they avoid changing Digimon names. Same reason we're getting RizeGreymon.

MugenSeiRyuu;12446 said:
It was on Toei´s uS Website, bur proved to be wrong. Otherwise we would also have the name Miniskirt Police.

Which made everyone go "O___O Isn't this Disney?" xD Glad they were wrong though >__>.

Kazemon15

AMV Freak
Vande;12305 said:
When Chika was running outside to see the "monster outside" (around the 6 min 30 mark or so) i seem to have heard Masaru state Chika and not Kristy, yet he calls her Kristy in the rest of the episode.

Chika's voice is meh - the "Rika accent" doesn't fit her
Sayuri - <3 this voice loved the "Busted"
Sunflowmon - seems to be ok
Touma - nice voice
Gaomon - too deep didn't expect that at all

Managed to finally watch it. I think he was saying "Eek! Gah, wait!" XD lol then again, could be my ears...well, that's what the closed caption said too. XD

Sayuri's voice seems like a stern mother when she was talking, and it should sound like that, after all, her son was out all night, I would have anger in my voice too.

Sunflowmon does need to be a little better.

Gaomon seems fine to me. He sounds like he's supposed to...an emotionless warrior following orders...lol, well, at least, that's my first impression of him in the series.