Data Squad Episode 2 Reactions

Vande

Evil Incarnate?
Data Squad Episode 2 Reactions

Episode 2: Marcus' Inner Strength
Airs on Friday at 8.30pm in the USA (check your local times) on Toon Disney.

This topic is to discuss what happens, what gets cut, but try not to bash the dub.

I missed it >>...which wasn't that big a deal since I'm looking forward to episode 3 more. Blah, it'll be on YouTube soon enough. Voices get any better? < Although they were pretty okay to start with.

onkeikun

私語が多いって言われるよ。でもそんなの 関係ねぇ
Every time Marcus says "IT'S FIGHTIN' TIME! DDD:<" a small part of me dies from laughing too hard.

Otherwise, I like the dub so far. Including its corny bits and everything.

ETA: I forgot to say that -- it's only been one episode, so I can't judge. But from first impressions alone, I cringe and resign myself to getting used to Sarah's voice. She's changed from Slightly-Airheaded!Sayuri to One-Tough-Mom!Sarah.

It's up on YouTube. I just watched it. Search Digimon Data Squad.
Huuuu. Decent enough that I didn't feel like throwing up :D. I think the only Digimon dub that really made me go 'ew' was Zero Two, but whatever. Sayuri's voice was < yes I forgot her dub name already > was erm...not that great. It makes her sound like an annoying mom >> instead of the nice, awesome one that cooks good food XD. Marcus is starting to sound like a cross between Matt / Takuya and Koichi / Thomas.
Thomas sounds good from the preview, but...Gaomon...no. He sounded like...a flight attendant or military commander or something or other. I was half hoping it was supposed to be random announcer and then he said 'sir' and I died >>. Seriously. Gai > Gaomon? No. Please, no. Just the thought makes me sick. I don't even watch the Naruto dub. Recast from episode 3 onward or something is what I think ><.
But otherwiseeee, it's fine :D.
And I miss Gaomon's "YES, MASTER!" I feel like watching the original again now :3.

Hagaren Gao

Guess I'm fired now
To be honest, 'It's Fighting Time!' has gotten old already. Reminds me of 'It's Clobberin' Time' or 'It's Morphing Time' ;p

I like how they dance around Masaru's man speeches. 'That's how a winner lives!' XD

All in all, it was a good ep. Kristy sounds cute, which is a surprising change from Rika.

Thomas H. Norstein

Ready to report for duty
AznxLoneWolf;11961 said:
but...Gaomon...no. He sounded like...a flight attendant or military commander or something or other.

yeah, I also thought it was the flight attendant. I just think his voice is a little too deep for a rookie but that was just one line so who knows, I think it's gonna be fine.

G4bumon

<b>Timer</b>
BwaHaHaHaHaHaHaHa, omg I laughed so hard when I hear Gaomon's voice, I was so off like wow. It had to be him too because Touma/Thomas said "Thank you Gaomon." afterwards. Okay I think I have watched enough of this Dub version.

Hagaren Gao

Guess I'm fired now
G4bumon;11973 said:
BwaHaHaHaHaHaHaHa, omg I laughed so hard when I hear Gaomon's voice, I was so off like wow. It had to be him too because Touma/Thomas said "Thank you Gaomon." afterwards. Okay I think I have watched enough of this Dub version.
Because you heard one line from Gaomon? Ahaha. Fail.

At least watch the next ep. You cna NOT judge a voice by one freaking line. -_-

G4bumon

<b>Timer</b>
Hagaren Gao;11974 said:
Because you heard one line from Gaomon? Ahaha. Fail.

At least watch the next ep. You cna NOT judge a voice by one freaking line. -_-

Fine... I will wait another week, but I really can't see it improving. BTW I have judged allot of voice actors by their first line, they must do their best with every line no matter what the size. Just like real life you must try your hardest for everything not matter how stupid and dumb it seems at the time. Oh and ya btw I don't fail, I just try again till I can get it right, maybe you fail because you are judging my character.

Hagaren Gao

Guess I'm fired now
G4bumon;11979 said:
Fine... I will wait another week, but I really can't see it improving. BTW I have judged allot of voice actors by their first line, they must do their best with every line no matter what the size. Just like real life you must try your hardest for everything not matter how stupid and dumb it seems at the time. Oh and ya btw I don't fail, I just try again till I can get it right, maybe you fail because you are judging my character.

These people aren't even used to their characters yet, so it would be understandable if they sounded iffy. Chances are that most of the voices will improve as time goes on, heck, some people sau that MArcus already sounds a bit better in this ep.

I didn't say you failed, I said the statement did. =D *Is shot*

G4bumon

<b>Timer</b>
*Uses a DigiReviverS*

Ya, I hope there is going to be a improvement with Gaomon's voice. Yet, I am still sad that there was no "Yes, master." in the Dub.

I'm planning on watching the rest of the season anyway. Hopefully Gaomon's voice will get better...and I agree. I wish they kept "Yes, master." :/
And I miss Masaru's man speeches. Really should watch original again for fun...
I want to see Sunflowmon and her Sunshine Beam x 230497230497 in the dub XD. That was fun xD.

Hagaren Gao

Guess I'm fired now
G4bumon;11986 said:
*Uses a DigiReviverS*

I appreciate it ^^;

And I miss Masaru's man speeches. Really should watch original again for fun...
I've been watching the subs before the dub comes on, and I plan to do that every week. They have actually kept pretty close to the original. It's fun comparing and then gguessing what might be changed. (I guessed about the dub's 'Corn dogs', but I suppose that's a no brainer ;p )
I want to see Sunflowmon and her Sunshine Beam x 230497230497 in the dub XD. That was fun xD.

When she was trying to attack Falcomon? Man, I loved that XD

celestial_sacred

I just watched it on YouTube. XD

G4bumon;11973 said:

Same goes to me!!

Sarah's personality is so different from the cute-lovely Sayuri!! She sounds like my mom! >_< Either way, they're both great in my opinion. =D

Agumon: Where are you going?
Masaru: School.
Agumon: What's school again?
Masaru: A place where there's tonnes of people to fight.
And I thought they'll change that! O.O

Lalamon's voice is getting squeekier and more annoying.. >_> The preview gives an impression that Thomas wants Masaru out of DATS on purpose! He sounds evil.

Hagaren Gao

Guess I'm fired now
Well, of coruse he is going to sound like a flight attendant considering what his ONE LINE was. ;p
Agumon: Where are you going?
Masaru: School.
Agumon: What's school again?
Masaru: A place where there's tonnes of people to fight.
And I thought they'll change that! O.O

You and me both. I was pleasantly surprised.

As for Touma, didn't he want Masaru out of DATS on purpose in the original?

Vy the way, UMA scene = lol.