Data Squad Digivices!!

MirageDukemon

Data Squad Digivices!!

i just found some digivece IC in toys r us the other day and me and my little brothers are excited about the news, but i want to know what they're like before i buy one. can anyone who has the Japanese version tell me what it can do and what digimon you can get. thanx :D

Dash

I Ireland
Staff member
Supreme Dictator
AFAIK, most of the digivices are changed from Japanese to English versions. :x

...did they have Ikuto's?

Hagaren Gao

Guess I'm fired now
I actually have the blue 'Data Link' myself. It's a lot better than previous American Digivices. It's more like the original Pendulums, where you actually raise your Digimon and play with it and such, You can play mini games, DNA Charge, yada yada. There are also random battles that are based off of the anime. For instance, in your first battle, you fight Kokotorimon, others include Kunemon, DemiMeramon, ect. ect.

As far as I know, Lalamon, Agumon and Gaomon are the only obtainable Digimon, and they only have their natural evo lines. I think you can get more than one for your party, but I have no idea how.

So, yeah. You know what the AMERICAN one is like now. ;p

Airdra

V-Pet Geek
The iC and the Data Link are two entirely different things, gameplay-wise.

Hagaren Gao;22807 said:
It's more like the original Pendulums, where you actually raise your Digimon
I would disagree with this--the evolution of the Digimon on the original Pendulums was based on the type of care you took of your Digimon, whereas with the Data Link, you're locked in to the show-only evolutions. Also, in the Data Link that evolution doesn't happen outside of battle, so it's not like you can have, say, Sunflowmon running around onscreen at all times.

The Japanese iC fares a bit better in that regard; evolution is more flexible and takes place outside of battle, but the Data Link has the more involved Quest mode. I like the iC better, if only because it gives you a wider array of partners and evolution isn't tied to battle. Also, the Data Link's "oh, hey, here's a random battle for you to fight" can get annoying if you're trying to do something else, and I got tired of playing the minigames over and over and over again in order to level up my Digimon.

That said, the Data Link's still the best out of the American digivices. I do like it, I just liked the iC more. (Also, the tacked-on "raising" gameplay just irritates me, like we were so close to getting the real deal in that regard.)

MirageDukemon

Scipio;22782 said:
AFAIK, most of the digivices are changed from Japanese to English versions. :x

...did they have Ikuto's?

sorry but no ikuto yet as far as I could tell:( and to Airdra, don't you get new digimon from scanning those tags that come with other digimon products?

Airdra

V-Pet Geek
The only ones out so far are Masaru's and Touma's--the same two that were released in the first wave of the Japanese iCs. *totally missed that first time she read the topic*