Burning methods?

Lightning

Burning methods?

Hi ^_^

I was wondering if anyone here burns their .avi anime onto disc. I've been looking for better and more effective methods. What I'm using right now is the vso divxtodvd, convertXtodvd, DVDCreator, and ImgBurn.

Was just wondering if anyone knew of a higher quality/can put more anime onto a disc as a dvd. I love watching my anime on my 36 inch plasma. :3

pawitp

Tech Admin
Staff member
Depends on what your player support, you're in real luck of your player supports DivX or XviD since that would keep the highest video quality. I use DVDFlick for quick dvd burning, but my TV is an SD so quality never matters to me. The best would ofcause be hooking up your computer to your TV.

Lightning

pawitp;10565 said:
Depends on what your player support, you're in real luck of your player supports DivX or XviD since that would keep the highest video quality. I use DVDFlick for quick dvd burning, but my TV is an SD so quality never matters to me. The best would ofcause be hooking up your computer to your TV.

Can't hook it up. xD

The tv is in a different part of the house from where my computer is. T_T

G4bumon

<b>Timer</b>
Well, this is what I do, I use Roxio DVDit Pro HD, this program will allows you to create your own DVD's, and also blue ray disc (Tho the resolution of you file[.avi] may not be 1080p) But you can still make DVD's in HD (Tho you are probably gonna max out at 480i/p for anime [typ. res of 640 x480]. This is a good program that I haven't had a problem yet, Also you can save it to a image file and burn with another program of you choice, or you can burn it to a DVD with the program.

As with putting more on the disc, well I don't know how you would with out using a higher capacity media ie. DVD9 or better. Tho it will be quite expensive... well the 9's aren't too bad it is just the blue ray is dang expensive along with the burner.

That is all I have got to say, if you have any question ask, and I will try to help.

Lightning

G4bumon;10577 said:
Well, this is what I do, I use Roxio DVDit Pro HD, this program will allows you to create your own DVD's, and also blue ray disc (Tho the resolution of you file[.avi] may not be 1080p) But you can still make DVD's in HD (Tho you are probably gonna max out at 480i/p for anime [typ. res of 640 x480]. This is a good program that I haven't had a problem yet, Also you can save it to a image file and burn with another program of you choice, or you can burn it to a DVD with the program.

As with putting more on the disc, well I don't know how you would with out using a higher capacity media ie. DVD9 or better. Tho it will be quite expensive... well the 9's aren't too bad it is just the blue ray is dang expensive along with the burner.

That is all I have got to say, if you have any question ask, and I will try to help.

Well, I don't have the blue ray burner. xD

So how many episodes do you manage to put onto your discs? Cause my .avi's are usually 170MB and around 640*440.

G4bumon

<b>Timer</b>
Well this is my results.

DVD-5

Custom for anime (DATS) (Video CBR of 2000, Audio is Dolby Digital 256kbps = 11 eps

Even when burning DATS anime it is still overkill because the bit rate they use is pretty much under 160kbps and this program will not allow you to go under 2000 kbps so it is kinda over kill, but I think 12 eps is pretty good for a DVD-5.

DVD-9

Custom for anime (DATS) (Video CBR of 2000, Audio is Dolby Digital 192kbps = 21 eps

Blue ray (heh heh)

Custom for anime (DATS) (Video CBR of 5000, Audio is Dolby Digital 384kbps = 23 eps

Your probably think, Waaaa? it is the almost the same as DVD-9 well this is because the blue ray discs are used for HD and only HD, so the quality of the video is way overkill for the anime that you are watching, even with it turned down to the max.

So your best choice is ether DVD-5 (11 eps), or go for the DVD-9 (21 eps), what ever you choose, make sure that you check the video and audio bit rate of the anime to make sure that you set the quality of the DVD to just on it or a little over the animes settings.

***General note I did not make a title screen so you may need to sac a ep to add a fancy title and music***

Lightning

G4bumon;10605 said:
Well this is my results.

DVD-5

Custom for anime (DATS) (Video CBR of 2000, Audio is Dolby Digital 256kbps = 11 eps

Even when burning DATS anime it is still overkill because the bit rate they use is pretty much under 160kbps and this program will not allow you to go under 2000 kbps so it is kinda over kill, but I think 12 eps is pretty good for a DVD-5.

Hmm...I'm a bit confused, so you couldn't burn DATS anime because of the low kbps when using that program?

One of my main problems with my burned discs that some tvs like to freak out with the picture. Like small pixelated boxes will show up randomly, but not frequent, on large round screen tvs. :(

Also, does that program tell you if the listed fit the blank dvd before you start converting/burning?

G4bumon

<b>Timer</b>
no it works fine, it is just overkill with the quality that you have to use. Yes, it will tell you how much space you have left.

Tcatomon

Boom de yada boom de yada
I use Nero 6. It burns DVDs and VCDs (CDR formatted videos, though it can only handle three episodes per CD). I got it free with my comp and upgraded a version with the CD off a friend, but ...well.. internet an' all that. I know Nero.com has it for download, though I'm not sure how they do their trial software. A a serial number runs about $39. It's the easiest program I've found so far.

G4bumon

<b>Timer</b>
Lightning;10791 said:
Hmm...it only lets me put 3, 170MB each, onto one dvd-5. How did you manage to fit 11? :/

You don't use full quality, I turned it down to fit more on, please read under DVD-5. That is the settings that I use.

Lightning

wow, thanks. ^_^

But it has these two tabs, SD transcoding and HD Transcoding. Do I mess with the HD transcoding as well?

Including, what if the anime file I have is over the set bit rate, what will happen?

Lightning

What do you guys prefer? 4:3 or 16:9 when burning? Sorry for the questions, I just really like to get everyones opinion. xD

File is 704x396

G4bumon

<b>Timer</b>
Lightning;11002 said:
What do you guys prefer? 4:3 or 16:9 when burning? Sorry for the questions, I just really like to get everyones opinion. xD

File is 704x396

I prefer wide screen because you get to see more picture, and for that file wide screen all the way.

Lionessmon

Tcatomon;10794 said:
I use Nero 6. It burns DVDs and VCDs (CDR formatted videos, though it can only handle three episodes per CD). I got it free with my comp and upgraded a version with the CD off a friend, but ...well.. internet an' all that. I know Nero.com has it for download, though I'm not sure how they do their trial software. A a serial number runs about $39. It's the easiest program I've found so far.

I use Nero too. It's good and the DVD menus are easy to set up.

G4bumon

<b>Timer</b>
Lightning;11042 said:
Thats weird, when I burned my zombie loan, it has some pixelated areas. Is that normal?

If it is not in the actual file (When you view it on your computer). There is a problem with your encoding I believe.

G4bumon

<b>Timer</b>
Well first try to adjust the quality down, then if that does not work you can try another program. Oh and make sure that you have the latest codecs.