Bootleg (The CU Book)

Vande

Evil Incarnate?
Bootleg (The CU Book)

Anyone read Bootleg (the original name of Chocolate Underground) book? I know i have & remember what happens ^^

The anime isn't an all that good follower of the book in all honesty so far.

Vande

Evil Incarnate?
Boy 412;62490 said:
The anime has done a HORRIBLE job <_>

Well they re-named it, change most of the plot so far. But oddly enough i usually champion the book over anime yet i am enjoying the anime.

(didn't find my book either yesterday so i may drop in on WH Smith on the way into work/training)

digiboy123

Sub Editor & RAW Scan Provider Purdy Thing
It's a good book. Maybe if the anime was longer than it currently is, then maybe it could have been more true.

Dash

I Ireland
Staff member
Supreme Dictator
13 planned...

And it annoys me how they are completely missing the whole idea... when are Huntly/Smudger going to start?!

And the renaming is because the Japanese translation of the book is titled Chocolate Underground.

Vande

Evil Incarnate?
Only 13 :confused:

So they have to get around the Good for You Party, escape the capture etc in just 13 eps...no wonder they kinda skipped the entire plot entirely

Dash

I Ireland
Staff member
Supreme Dictator
Yeah... it makes no sense WHATSOEVER.

I can't see how they're going to finish it up, or even get CLOSE, in the remaining 8 episodes. >_>

Vande

Evil Incarnate?
There is no way they can manage it unless they both get caught in the next episode & do something around that....

Lige

Loves Being Poked
Hmm, I like the anime but I never read the book. Sounds a bit chaotic though if so much needs to happen in that little of episodes, which are only what, 5 mins a piece? o.o

I'm-a have to find the book now, seems interesting ^-^

Now I know where the bot's name comes from :D

Vande

Evil Incarnate?
Heh it is a good book - i managed to get a new copy which will go into my bag when i pack so i KNOW where it is

youkais

Siegfried System
Mmm., I haven't read it. In facth I only notice about this book when I research about this anime, hahahaha.
I have to go to my friendly library and get a copy, that's for sure.

Anyway, it is true that the anime is a bit chaotic, I find a bit annoying the "really short" episodes. But I like it and I am always waiting for a new episode. ^^

megumi

SPAM BOT
Staff member
WARNING WARNING
I ordered it off of Amazon, so hopefully I'll get it soon to read it.

Got my copy. Going to read it as soon as I finish some of my homework.

Vande

Evil Incarnate?
kinsugi;67480 said:
What language was the original book published in, please, and who wrote it? Thanks.

The book was written in English by Alan Shearer.
ISBN is: 978-0330415620

Vande

Evil Incarnate?
megumi;67529 said:
The book is simply amazing. I finished reading it yesterday. I <3 it.

Indeed it is, it is one i find myself re-reading quite a bit now :)