[Books]Animorphs series by K.A. Applegate

Airdra

V-Pet Geek
Tsum;3360 said:
Didn't Elfangor become a human nothlit and then continued life on Earth, eventually leading to Tobias? Though, I guess the Ellimist's tampering ended up making things a bit different....

That's exactly what happened. And I try not to think too hard on things when the Ellimist shows up--fiddling with time makes me go a little nuts. XD

Kage

THE all-high-and-mighty
Ellimist = ok that's it I don't want to think about things anymore.

But still... I just realized the Andalites were the ones into it. First Aldrea and Dak, and then Elfangor... and Tobias's mom. WEIRD >_>

scifantasyx

I own all but two of Applegate's books....unless she has some new ones. I haven't read all of the chronicles from Animorphs so I may not know some of that stuff but I read all of the others. She's one of my favorite authors. She has a good way of combining Science Fiction and Fantasy.

Kage

THE all-high-and-mighty
I heard some depressing things though. That some of the books weren't actually written by Applegate herself. Someone clarify?

Airdra

V-Pet Geek
That's right. A lot of them were ghostwritten--K.A. originally planned to write the whole series herself, but stuff happened (she had a kid, among other things), and she just wasn't able to hit all the deadlines and stuff. In those cases, she still came up with the plots and outlines and such, but other people actually wrote the books themselves.

I've started my great reread of the series--I'm reading everything in original publication order. X3 Right now, I'm halfway through number 10, and I'm getting oh-so-close to my reread of The Andalite Chronicles, which I'm really looking forward to. (And number 14, which is just so wonderfully silly; I love it so. XD)

I also found some tapes of the old TV show at my local library and put them on reserve. I'm sure it'll be even worse than I remember, hehe.

Skeith

Oh wow, I didn't know people still talked about this series, read it ages ago. Same as everyone, I hated the ending, but liked the series while it lasted.

Two notes: 1. Airdra's avatar is the cover of the Hork-Bajir Chronicles book.
2. There's a Wikipedia for a couple of the books. 13-52 have brief summaries.

NuttyCanuck

I liked the books, but the ending was truly awful.

I always liked Cassie and her dealings with Aftran and the Yeerk Peace Movement.. Marco was funny too.

Kage

THE all-high-and-mighty
NuttyCanuck;5869 said:
I liked the books, but the ending was truly awful.

I always liked Cassie and her dealings with Aftran and the Yeerk Peace Movement.. Marco was funny too.

I wanted to hurt her when i read the ending. I was truly... OMG I HATE YOU APPLEGATE FOR THIS. YOU DID NOT JUST END IT LIKE THAT

Airdra

V-Pet Geek
I just reread the ending a couple of days ago. If anything, it was worse this time around. XD It's my personal Worst Ending Ever.

Damien

Uh, just wanted to guys to know this :

You can download all the Animorphs books from Animorphs Fan Forum. All the ebooks including the Chronicles, Megamorphs, and Alternamorphs are there in PDF and TXT format.