[Books]Animorphs series by K.A. Applegate

Kage

THE all-high-and-mighty
[Books]Animorphs series by K.A. Applegate

Yar, t'is an old series... BUT it was a GOOD series.

How many of you here at DATS love this series. I know of at least one other. Show the love~~~

Also, how many own the complete series? All... 52(?) books and the Megamorphs... and the Chronicles... and any other I've missed?

So, who's your favorite character and what's your favorite morph that's been in the series?

I lurved, LURVED Rachel. T_T Second was Tobias. But I LURVED Rachel in the books. I think morphing into a grizzly or into a red tailed hawk would be cool. Battle morph for the win? Erm... there was this certain alien species that was just kick ass that I think could throw fire balls... if i could do that it would be WIN.

Dash

I Ireland
Staff member
Supreme Dictator
Tobias was easily my favorite, followed by Jake. <3

I loved the series *__* Still trying to finish off my collection.

Splash

<b>Super Moderator</b><br>♥ TOMATO ♥
Hmm I still have my Animorph books. XD Tobias and Ax were my favorites, with some Jake on the side. Rachel was my favorite of the females. I stopped keeping up sometime in high school though. I have 4 Megamorphs (are there more?), a hardcover of the Hork-Bajir Chronicles and just a random 5 of the books, and I think I read all of the first 40 or so. Waa, I should finish the rest sometime :-O!

Himi-chan

Little Random Irony
I used to read them... out of order. T'was my favorite at some point, but then I lost interest around when I couldn't tell what I had/hadn't already read anymore. I wouldn't mind re-reading them in order sometime though.

wenhao152

Err... Hi?
I used to read it with another of my friend 4 years ago.

And we were calling each other Yerrk/Andalite for the fun of it.
(Can't remember the spellings >.<)

I love Tobias and the chronicle when they travel back to the dinosaurs era.

Still remember the phrase, "Don't you guys play with dinosaurs when your were young?"

Not to forget Ax and cinnamon bun. >.<

Dash

I Ireland
Staff member
Supreme Dictator
Yeah, Splash, there were only 4 MegaMorphs.

My favorite is the Back to the Beginning one *_*

Kage

THE all-high-and-mighty
I still can't remember which out of "canon" or regular series it was but... I liked it when they kept traveling in time. So they see how.. Ax's brother/Tobias's dad actually came to earth... A few people die... I think someone was shot in the head at one point. Oh, they were in several battles during time.

.... I want to find all these ;_; Just buy the whole set when I get into college.

Airdra

V-Pet Geek
Oh, gosh, I love this series. X3 Love, love, love it. I've got every one of the books and can still remember hunting them down as soon as they came out. And I have an Animorphs T-shirt (that still fits! :D) and a signed picture of the whole cast of the TV show, won it in some contest they ran when the TV show first started airing. (Incidentally, I wasn't a really big fan of the show. :p) I also have all the toys they released, as well as a bunch of random promo stuff they had in the store when new books were out. ^^;;

My favorites were and still are Rachel, Marco, and Ax. :3

Was I the only one who really, really hated how the series ended? XD I don't think I've been more ticked off at an ending since (okay, Firestorm #36 comes pretty dang close), and this topic makes me want to reread the whole series again, maybe I'll change my mind. (Though the last time I did that a couple of years ago, no change in my hatred of the ending. ^^;; )

Dash

I Ireland
Staff member
Supreme Dictator
The ending sucked... way too open ended. She really really really needs to write a sequel series. >_>

Kage: Uhm... I think you're talking about one of the Megamorphs. The first one maybe? *can't remember off the top of his head*

Kage

THE all-high-and-mighty
I ABHORRED the ending. "The Beginning" SHPSasfdgjhkl!!!!!1

Anyways, yeah I know it's one of the Megamorphs... but which one? T+T Oh well~ I'll never know~ ;-;

Kage

THE all-high-and-mighty
I likeh your avi~ <3

<_< Did anyone else think of cross-species stuff during the... was it the Andalite Chronicles? I think it was that book. >_> Your avi reminds me of the book.

Edit: Oh it did happen. Lol >_> I forgot Seerow wasn't only Aldrea's father but also the name of Aldrea's son.

chazle

<b>Super Special Awesome Translator</b>
I thought Jake, Tobias and Ax were the coolest characters (in that order), oh and then Cassie, too, cus she like, had a lot of morphs.... Yeah, but not Marco. Definitely not Marco. He was stupid. Damn rat...

Kage

THE all-high-and-mighty
cac73hoya;3313 said:
I thought Jake, Tobias and Ax were the coolest characters (in that order), oh and then Cassie, too, cus she like, had a lot of morphs.... Yeah, but not Marco. Definitely not Marco. He was stupid. Damn rat...

You know... I'm starting to think Rein=Marco. @_@

j/k

Kinda.

Airdra

V-Pet Geek
Am I the only one who liked Marco? XD

Kage;3309 said:
<_< Did anyone else think of cross-species stuff during the... was it the Andalite Chronicles? I think it was that book. >_> Your avi reminds me of the book.

Edit: Oh it did happen. Lol >_> I forgot Seerow wasn't only Aldrea's father but also the name of Aldrea's son.
Don't forget about Tobias's parents. >_>

Kage

THE all-high-and-mighty
You like Marco and yet he can be annoying. Like Rein. XDDDDD /me is shot

... Yah I thought that was freakin off too.

K.A. Applegate had some cross-species stuff going on in Animorphs. @_@

Tsum

Kage;3329 said:
You like Marco and yet he can be annoying. Like Rein. XDDDDD /me is shot

... Yah I thought that was freakin off too.

K.A. Applegate had some cross-species stuff going on in Animorphs. @_@

Didn't Elfangor become a human nothlit and then continued life on Earth, eventually leading to Tobias? Though, I guess the Ellimist's tampering ended up making things a bit different....

In any case, I too, loved this series. My favorite character was Cassie, and I guess my favorite story was when she was alone, and had to go Yeerk....