Best MMORTS EVER. (completely free too)

2chaotic

Future bestselling author
Best MMORTS EVER. (completely free too)

Looking for a browser-based game that is completely awesome? And FREE?

Here it is folks, the best hidden gem of the internet:

Warring Factions

This is a text-based game, so for all you people who think images are better, too bad. But don't let this fool you. Just becuase it's text based doesn't mean it's not awesome.

This is a MMORTS (massive multiplay online real-time strategy) that is set in space. When you make a new account, you are given the choice of either joining one of the few factions or becoming a Lost. (Lost is for advance players only. Trust me.) A faction is a large group of people who start out on teh same planet. Different factions have different locations.

By now you're probably saying, so what? What's so great about this game? We're getting to that part.

The things that set this game apart from all the rest? There's a few great reasons.

1. The Exploration System. You are given an entire UNIVERSE to explore. TO my knowledge, no one person has ever explored all of the universe. You send probes to countless systems exploring planets for resources (vital to everything),habitable planets, to find your enemies, gather intel on other people, and if you're lucky, a wormhole. (Wormholes lead to other galaxies that are inacessable normally)

2. The Colony System. When you start (depending on the round setup) you are given a single colony to begin with. You can manage this colony anyway you please. You can change it's government, tax rates, development setup (Technology-based, Industry-based, Urbanization-based, Military-based), it's laws, and the wage rate. Colonies can fail if you don't manage them correctly. IF you make your colonists unhappy, let the disease rate spiral, don't crack down on crime, or keep the unemployment rate too high, colonists WILL start leaving your colony. Simple right? Wrong. The average player has 20 or more seperate colonies to manage. Very complex if you ask me.

3. the Battle system. Conflict is inevatable. IT's called WARRING FACTIONS for a reason. That's where ships come in. There are MANY different ships with MANY different uses. You've got your Battleships, destroyers, corvettes, bombers, fighters, troop transports, space stations, transports, freighters, command frigates, High-Stability Spheres, and many more. You design your own ships from blueprints that you make (or buy) with weapons that you make (or buy), armor, ship drives, and shields. Which leads into the 4th point.

4. The Research system. This system is amazing. IT's so much better than any other game i've ever played. (and i've played alot.) You hire scientists from you colonies (if the colonies are tech-based you get better scientists), then build them a research lab, tell them what type of blueprint you want, give them any amount of money to research with, then launch the project. Then you wait for it to finish. Here's the kicker: You get a DIFFERENT result EVERY TIME. You may used the same research team, with the same money, lab and everything, but you'll still get a different blueprint. Another cool thing: Hybrids. You may be researching a hospital, but when the project finishes, it may turn out to be a hospital/police station hybrid. That saves on space, resources, and money in most cases. Hybrids are RARE though. But the blueprints make the game intresting.

5. the Playerbase. We've got a VERY diverse community on WF (warring factions). The player base is worldwide, and growing every day. Right now, we've only got about 500 active members (people who log on daily), but we are geetting larger all teh time. Everyone's willign to help out a newbie, whether it be give them adivice, or give them money/resources/tech/ships/intel. New players = Welcome.

6.If that's not enough, here's the trump card: The alliance and Empire system. You may be in a faction, but you can be in one of another faction's empires. Empires are groups of people who either know each other, have played with each other before, or are uniting under a common ground. Empires (alogn with individuals) can declare war on other empires, make alliances that are visible in-game, and empires have differnt types (and abilities). For example, my empire (which i lead) is a confederacy empire. That gives us the ablilty to set some of our ships to "Empire-Controlled" which allows anyone of our members to control that ship in any manner they please. Another type of empire is the Religious empire. They get the ability to create a reglion and "worship" it. The more people who worship a religion, the better the boost you can get from it. The highest religion gets about a .05% better growth rate (which is a nice bonus). The other empires are: Goverment, University, Corporation, Union, and pirate. Each have different abilites.

There's so much other stuff that's great about this game that i can't explain ti all in one hour. This game is SO COMPLEX that i've been playing for over a year now, and i don't understand ALL of it yet. I learn somethign new everyday.

SO come on down, play Warring factions. If you need help/advice on what to do, just message me. I'm 2chaotic. (I'm a Lost btw. But i don't advise new players be in the Lost. Join a faction, you'll be happier.) And join the Balanced Chaos round. Kin Divided has been going for too long for a newbie to catch up.

Seriously, this is a great game.