BE WARY

Dash

I Ireland
Staff member
Supreme Dictator
BE WARY

Dear Boy 412,

Someone has tried to log into your account on DATS Forums with an incorrect password at least 5 times. This person has been prevented from attempting to login to your account for the next 15 minutes.

The person trying to log into your account had the following IP address: 58.65.232.113

All the best,
DATS Forums
The IP address, 58.65.232.113, DNSes to be a myrdns.com IP.

From an article I found after a quick Google:
The IP address of the exploit site is assigned to a server in Australia that is part of the "myrdns.com" domain, which, in turn, is registered to a Hong Kong Internet service provider called HostFresh Internet. Both HostFresh and myrdns.com have been linked to RBN activities, including the long-running IFrame Cash scheme, in which RBN pays Web site owners a commission for injecting IFrame exploits on other sites.
The RBN (Russian Business Network) has been linked to about a billion and one not-so-great things.

As far as I can tell, nothing nasty has happened yet. However, be warned that there may be something compromised.

If you find ANYTHING AT ALL that may have originated from our server, then PLEASE LET ME KNOW AS SOON AS POSSIBLE.

I request:
1) A full screenshot, including the URL that you found this at
2) As much information as possible as to what you were doing, if if could have come from another site, whatever

Thanks, and please, be safe with your computers. :)

2chaotic

Future bestselling author
Apparently the Russians have it out for DATS.

RUN FOR YOUR LIVES!

I never knew things like that existed...

megumi

SPAM BOT
Staff member
WARNING WARNING
Hm... This is going to be something interesting to look out for... Okay, a little dangerous too.

Magna

Russians.
Didn't you know to be always wary of them because they are Russians (I'm just a special case~)
Well, it isn't me even though I'm in Russia right now >.>;

But, uh, that really sucks, and here I am worrying that my stuff might be stolen.
If I find anything out, I'll definitely let you know, and if you get stuck on any Russian language pages related to this I'll gladly translate.

Nemomon

<b>Gaming Freak</b><br>Chip Library Evo
I'm living near Russian and in past we (Poland) had many problems with them. Only one exception was with 1989-1992+ and two Presidents: Mikhail Gorbachev and Boris Yeltsin. I had Final Exam from Russian but that was some years ago, so i dunno if i can translate them correctly to English. I only can read cyrillic right now.

Anyway, like everyone here, if something will happen, i'll contact.

Magna

Guys, I am Russian, I can speak, read and write in it, so it's ok Nemo ^^
I miss Yeltsin though ;____;

AnimeKido;62088 said:
I glad I live in Canada, Russians don't give a crap about Canada.
Think again since I live there ;D

And guys, PLEASE be wary of clicking on websites that end in .ru since there's a higher chance that they might contain something unwanted.

Aurora Tenkara

Caught by an angel!
Hmmm... sounds like a case of GoogleCrawlers.
They are a real pain. Low risk though. They are simmilar to SPAMing viruses. Most they will do is steal data of the users (the irony of it all is they steal only the data they can access, which is the info which is publicly available anyway).
Good thing the sensor kicked in though. Odds are you won't run into the same one again. And since he lives on the net, he also locked out his brothers and sisters too. So if anotherone comes, it will probably be from a different server.