Staff member
Supreme Dictator
And today's downtime...

Was caused by apache inploding.

Yeah.

Sorry D:

Vande

Evil Incarnate?
it bloody will be sorry - especially when i had an excellent chance to do some work related stuff on the projects i'm doing *rawr*

TuxRug

Retired
Ah well, at least it's an apache server glitch. If it was a Windows server, you probably would have had to fdisk, format, reinstall, try to reactivate, fail because reinstall limit exceeded, call MickeyShaft, convince them that you are not pirating Windows, then give them a 2000 digit code, they mumble a 10000 digit code so you can barely hear it, then reconfigure everything. It wasn't so bad reactivating XP on my dad's computer, but the person sounded like she met EVERY negative stereotype regarding Chinese. "Hello, tan koo foh callin my ko sof you aclibate window ick pee?" Her name was something like "Jill". <.< If MickeyShaft charges so much, and Bill Gates is the richest man in the world, CAN'T THEY AFFORD TO DO BETTER? </rant spam>

pawitp

Tech Admin
Staff member
It probably isn't even an apache glitch at all but a mis-configured apache handling too many connection. I've killed apache like this many time while benchmarking. So its a normal thing to happen... But there should be an automatic starter to prevent it happening