Advance Wars

GSR

That one guy
Advance Wars

So... anyone else play this series? It dates back to the NES, but only the GBA/DS ones were translated. It's a strategy war game.

I'm part of a group making a Java-based online sequel called Custom Wars. I'll drop the link if anyone's interested.

DtD

[Z?]
I loooooooooooooove this series.

Like Fire Emblem, but with expendable troops! I played the first and DS one.

GSR

That one guy
Whee, other fans~

AWDS2 was listed in a European release list, but there's been nothing else confirmed. :(

If you're interested in the game I mentioned before, you can find it at www.customwars.com for download.

Major changes from standard AW:
-Bunch of new COs/Units/Terrains
-5 new armies
-Online play

It's still in beta, though, and the AI is very basic and separate. It's a little rough, but you should give it a try.

G4bumon

<b>Timer</b>
Ya, I played the GBA and the DS version, I like the game, but when you play against other people those battles usually take a long time.

Knightman

1 of the Crest of Duo
i love this game my fav games on nintendo platforms, i have advance wars, advance wars 2 black hole rising and advace wars dual strike i am still playing this game.My fav COs are Colin,Jake,Grit,Eagle,Hawke,Lash and Max.

Aldude85

MMath
Ah yes, the one game that I bought the DS for. AW:DS is the best game on handheld I've ever played, followed closely by AW2 and then AW.
It's weird that AW2:DS has been announced on the release list, but absolutely nothing else has been mentioned about it. I'm looking forward to that game immensely. Maybe they may implement the customwars "more than 4 players" idea. 4 armies is a lot, yes, but the harder levels will be a challenge when you're surrounded by 5 COs

Aldude85

MMath
I don't think Hawke would be the main villain. He isn't ruthless enough - I like that he helped out the allies in DS though. If he does come back, I think it'll be on the good side, but only because it's benefitting him.
Then again, Kindle(US)/Candy(EU) is far from Leader material.

Neither was Von Bolt really. Sturm was only the real terror I found - I mean, movement cost 1 over all terrain is pretty menacing.
ooh, Maybe a Von Bolt/Sturm tag alliance?
and maybe a half-tag option, where you can tag with 1power+1SPower, but on the second turn, only non-infantary/transport units can attack, and the attacks are weaker.
and maybe a tag option where you can either have standard tag power, (2 turns, 2 super COs), or a super combined tag power (1 turn, both Super COs simultaneously+ their own abilities combined). That'd be awesome, but crafty, because for example:
Koal(US)/Zak(EU) and Adder - Movement range increases by 4 - not as good as the standard tag...
but
Hachi and Colin - Costs will be reduced like mad - much better than standard tag

The possibilities are endless

Sir Kibbles

Yes! I love advance wars! A friend and i played the original GBA version on the gameboy player for 4 hours straight on one battle! Most epic game of Advance Wars ever!

Aldude85

MMath
Back when it first came out on GBA, me and my 3 mates played it during all free periods, and lunchtimes. We had a game that lasted over 3 weeks. Stupid Bob and his infantry flood.

It's a shame we all went to university before AW2 came out

GSR

That one guy
If I may...

OBJECTION!

You read the title, right? It clearly says 'Advance Wars 2.' Not Battalion Wars DS or anything. Honestly I think that's a good thing for the series, it needed a reboot.

Knightman

1 of the Crest of Duo
i wanted too see adder/flak one more time and the story from advance wars ds says " i cheer too you allied nations but next time" it should be the next time not a new spin of with the name of advance wars ds 2. I might like it if the name is advance wars:3 new series but its ds 2 man.

johnxfire

Grand Saboteur
Yeah, I loved it since Advanced Wars one. It was so fun, but multiplayer would take hours and me and my cousins would just give up in the end.

Ah yes, the new AW is sorta old news but.. Fuck YEAH!

It looks better! Wooooo!

Roy

Because its Roy^.^
It probully wont have black hole since its a whole new world with a new story and NO old COs. gunna miss some of them.....

o yea planned realese some where around 21....allthough you probully already know....Still ADVANCED WARS DAYS OF RUIN IS GUNNA ROCK!