$100?!?!

megumi

SPAM BOT
Staff member
WARNING WARNING
That is a lot for a book. When did she write that book, anyway?

Role

Fanfic Writer & RPer
Returning Member
I don't care what book it is, I ain't paying THAT much for it. >_>

Role

Fanfic Writer & RPer
Returning Member
...If that's the case, I'd be willing to pay double price ($16) for it, but $100 is ridiculous!

Tcatomon

Boom de yada boom de yada
$100 is probably the cheapest I've seen for ANYTHING labled 'special edition'. >_>
Heck, a blank generic book with those kinds of engraving on the front could easily go for $40 - $50 a piece and there's two of them.
Plus look what it comes with:
Collector's Edition Product Features:
• All five fairy tales from the original The Tales of Beedle the Bard
• Outer case disguised as a wizarding textbook from the Hogwarts library
• Exclusive reproduction of J.K. Rowling's handwritten introduction
• 10 new illustrations by J.K. Rowling not included in the Standard Edition or the original handcrafted edition
• Velvet bag embroidered with J.K. Rowling's signature
• Metal skull, corners, and clasp
• Replica gemstones
• Emerald ribbon

digiboy123

Sub Editor & RAW Scan Provider Purdy Thing
Heck, you think that's pricey?

They bought one of the only 7 handwritten ones for 4 million dollars. Blows the little $100 out of the water, ne?

But I'm definitely buying this book. Been waiting for it for a few months. Won't be buying the SE, but the standard, of course. :-p

Role

Fanfic Writer & RPer
Returning Member
Rule of Economics: No matter how high the price, there's always someone willing to buy it. However, as the price goes up, less people are willing. Just remember: it could sell for five billion, and SOMEONE would still be insane enough to try to fundraise to buy it.

So yes, books sell for those insane prices, to idiots willing to pay more than they're worth for them. But to us SANE PEOPLE, not worth it, even IF it's special limited uber edition. I don't care what special titles you give it, too much is too much is too much, no matter how you look at it.

onkeikun

私語が多いって言われるよ。でもそんなの 関係ねぇ
I would never buy a book at that price, unless it were as important as, say, medical school textbooks. >__>
$100 for a tiny book that's inside a fake one? I don't care how much ribbon comes with the product, I want to spend my money on the words, not the theatrics. That's the whole point of a freaking book.

I think JK Rowling is mostly hype anyway (there are better books out there, srsly), so I laughed outright at the words "incredible artifact." Whatever you say, Amazon. >_>;

Magna

onkeikun;64960 said:
$100 for a tiny book that's inside a fake one? I don't care how much ribbon comes with the product, I want to spend my money on the words, not the theatrics. That's the whole point of a freaking book.

I think JK Rowling is mostly hype anyway (there are better books out there, srsly), so I laughed outright at the words "incredible artifact." Whatever you say, Amazon. >_>;
Completely agreed :x
Even if it's like that, what are you going to do? Look at it? There's art for that. Put it in a protective glass case and get a second copy so you don't damage that one? And if you're going to JUST read it, there's no point.
Quite a stupid idea actually, but whatever will earn money works in this world, knowing her wide fanbase.

Crash And Burn

Yay 4 Spring!~
What an outrageous price for a special edition book. (100$), As Role said, there will always be someone to buy the book.

megumi

SPAM BOT
Staff member
WARNING WARNING
Yeah, probably the only books that are worth $100 would be textbooks and books with more worth in words than that.

megumi

SPAM BOT
Staff member
WARNING WARNING
Well, I was speaking book-wise.

If I had $100, I would spend it on something else as well.

celestial_sacred

I've never bought any of her Harry Porter books anyway. And the price is totally ridiculous for me. I could have bought so many Digivice Burst with it. xP

Aurora Tenkara

Caught by an angel!
If you concider everything it comes with and all that stuff, $100 is ok... but I still wouldn't pay that much. Just based on personal oppinion there.
I can sorta understand why its so expensive, but... be realistic, even though it may be worth that much, noone would buy, except for a desperate collector