Zoids: The Organoid War

Kaji Motomiya

KAMEN RIDE: ZABEE!!
Zoids: The Organoid War

Chapter One: The Beginning Lies in Ruins​

-​

It is 14 Junis, the sixth month of the year ZAC 2318, a hot Saturday in the Great Desert. However, not everyone was “enjoying” this hot weather, except the residents of the nearby town of Restruin. One particular person, a certain young man at the age of nineteen, was running for his life as a golden blur followed him. He shot at the blur with electrical wires with what looked like a gun, but the blur dodged them with ease. It swerved around the electric wires as they retracted back into the gun as it slammed onto the boy’s body. The boy gasped, slamming onto the nearby wall of the hanger as saliva shot out of his mouth, his eyes and mouth opened wide in pain. He slid down, and a golden foot of a mechanical reptile stepped onto his stomach. He gasped in pain once more, trying to get the foot off. He watched as its golden tail with a blade at the end was raised, pointed down at the boy.

“Wait a minute!” the boy exclaimed as he tried to push the foot off of him. The foot pressed on him tighter, and the boy grunted a bit in pain. “C-Can’t we talk about this? I mean…talk like civilized people!...er…and Organoid!” The being known as an Organoid growled and raised its bladed-tail even higher. Its blade was pointing down at the boy. “W-Wait a sec! Stop! Noooo!”

-​

‘Wait a minute. That’s not what happened in the beginning! Man, you suck at telling a story! Here’s how it really went!’

-​

It was 13 Junis, the sixth month of the year ZAC 2318, a hot Friday in the Great Desert. A black-haired boy at the age of nineteen entered the commercial town of Restruin. He watched the people walk on by as he was covered in a sand cloak, protecting him from the miniscule sandstorm outside the walls. He lowered his hood and looked around. The people paid him no mind except a few children. “Look, mommy, a newcomer!” one of them exclaimed, pointing to him. The boy waved to the child, chuckling lightly.

“Oh, did you really travel the Great Desert by yourself?” said the child’s mother as she walked up to the boy. She noticed that the boy had a bandage over his left eye. She was about to reach for it when the boy put his hand over his eye, a bit of a blush on his cheeks. She retracted her hand and smiled gently, her son hiding behind her dress. “You must be hungry, travelling this desert by yourself.”

“Ah, I-I-“ the boy started to say until his stomach began to growl. His blush grew wider as he looked down, holding his stomach. “Well…if it’s fine…” he muttered shyly.

The woman laughed lightly and took the boy by the wrist. “Come come. I made a fresh batch of soup for the family. I’m sure we could use one more to help finish it.”

-​

Inside the home, the boy was seated at the table. He looked around to find so many pictures of Zoids. “Oh wow, that’s a lot of Zoids!” he exclaimed, getting up to look at the pictures. “This is a Shield Liger, a mass-production Zoid of the Helic Republic!” He then turned to another Zoid. It was the form of an elephant. “And this is an Elephander of the Zenebas Empire!”

“I see you take an interest in Zoids,” the woman smiled. “My name is Miriam. The boy you met earlier was my son, Reynard.”

“Ah. It’s a pleasure to meet you! I’m Allister Elric.”

The mother looked at the boy with curiosity. His name, Elric, rang a bell. “Oh, then you must be the son of the man who stayed here a few years ago.” Her face grew solemn as she pointed to a man and his team over the fireplace. Allister walked toward the picture and picked it up, looking at the man’s laughing smiling face. “That man…Harold…was a good friend of my husband, Rey, when he came to research the Kaien Ruins.”

“Dad…” Allister whispered as he put the picture back. He wiped his right eye of tears and turned to Miriam. “Rey is a Zoid Mechanic of Restruin, right? Do you mind if I can see him?”

“See who, kid?” said a voice at the door.

“Mommy, mommy! Daddy’s home!” Reynard ran in, his arms spread out as he laughed. He was held on the head by the man, who set him down at the couch. “Aww, you’re no fun, daddy!”

“Didn’t mommy tell you t’ stop runnin’ around in th’ house?” the man muttered and looked at Miriam with a smirk. “I’m home, honey.”

“Welcome home, dear,” Miriam smiled, embracing her husband and kissing him. Reynard stuck out his tongue in disgusting, averting his eyes as Allister stood there, blushing. Miriam let go of her husband and placed her hands on Allister, moving him to the man. “Rey, this is Allister, the son of Harold.”

The man called Rey widened his eyes and removed his goggles from his forehead. “So yer Harry’s son,” he said and noticed the bandage over Allister’s left eye. He smiled and rubbed the boy’s head. “You look almost like ‘im. Down t’ that smile.” This made Allister blush more. “So, I guess yer stayin’ fer dinner! Miriam’s soup is th’ best in this town!”

“Oh dear!”

Allister rubbed the back of his head, a chuckle escaping his lips. “Oh my…”

-​

After dinner, Reynard was sleeping in front of the lit fireplace. It was nice, and it gets cold in the desert. Rey was working on a hover board for Allister. “A real piece o’ work, kid,” Rey complimented, holding it up. “Yep, yer ol’ man’s a genius! No wonder he was th’ lead investigator of the Guardian Force.”

“Dad always took his pride in his job,” Allister smiled, hugging his knees in front of the fireplace. “So…what was he looking for? In the Kaien Ruins?”

Rey looked up at Allister and put down the hover board. “If y’ know what’s good fer ya, I’d suggest y’ don’t go there. Just go back home.”

How dare he! This is Allister’s journey, the reason he left his home! And now this man tells him to go home?! Allister stood up and stomped his foot. “What do you know?!” he roared. “This…my father didn’t die in an accident! I know…somehow, it was involved with what he was researching…the Organoid War…” He held his black shirt tightly over his heart. It ached. “I…I’ve missed him…and…I deserve to know what happened!”

Rey let out a sigh and stood up, and without warning punched Allister down. “Yer ol’ man didn’t want ya t’ throw yer life away just t’ find th’ reason fer his death!” Allister looked up at the man, wiping his lip. Rey saw the determined look in Allister’s blue eye. But what did that bandage hide? Rey sighed once more and held up the hover board. “I increased th’ batt’ry life o’ this thing,” he said and held it out to Allister. “Find what happened t’ ‘im…my good friend.” Allister looked up at Rey, and then he stood up, accepting the hover board and nodding.

-​

It is the next day, and Allister rode off that morning with the hover board, sand blowing from behind him as he rode it to a cliff side. There were signs of a building or relic within the rock of the cliff. “There! The Kaien Ruins!” Allister exclaimed and rode into the long pathway. Inside the cool shade of the ruin’s doorway, Allister looked around. It looked as if anyone hasn’t been in here in a long while; there were signs of a research team, but they were dusty and covered in spider webs. “This must be the research team’s stuff,” he noted as he headed deeper into the ruins.

He wandered for what seemed like hours. He couldn’t even tell what time it was. Allister had memorized each hallway that he knew his way around already. And by that time, he found the one room he hadn’t checked; a large room with two pods in the middle. “Those must be the pods that dad was talking about in his journal,” he said to himself as walked closer to them. One of the pods were empty; it looked as if it was empty for a long time. The other one, however…had a girl inside! Allister was caught off guard by this surprise. She was a tan girl with silver hair. Her clothes looked old and ancient, different from today’s style. “D-Dad never mentioned anything about a girl!” he exclaimed as he stepped back. His foot sunk into a tile, and the whole room began to shake. “Wh-what did I do now?!”

The wall in the back began to crumble, and his entrance was sealed off. Allister covered his eyes from the dust and sand that blew at him as he slowly opened his eyes. He could hear a growl coming from the dark pathway that had just opened to him. It sounded like a Liger, according to his Zoids expertise. No…it wasn’t just a Liger. Not a Shield or Blade Liger at least. It was…alive. He slowly entered the new passage way, asking himself, “What in the world?!”

The new room was different than the ruins. It was mechanical, as if it was a hangar, very different than the stone ruins. He could smell salt. Ocean water was in the vicinity, and he found a pool of it in front of him. But on a lone island was a Zoid; it was a Liger. The Liger was blue with gold blade-like structures and a large sword on its back. Its eyes were dead, or not glowing, but it was the only thing there. Could it have been the one that made the growling sound?

As he moved closer to the Zoid, his boots splashing on the excess water that had escaped the pool, a mechanical roar filled the room. From above the Liger was a golden blur that landed in front of Allister, who jumped back. This being was mechanical, golden-plated and shaped like a reptile. “You’re…an Organoid!” Allister gasped, and the Organoid growled, lunging at the boy. Allister dodged and took out what looked like a gun. When he pulled the trigger, wires shot out at the Organoid, but the golden reptile batted them away with its tail quickly. “You’re feisty…” he chuckled. The Organoid then disappeared, turning into a golden blur. It was fast, very fast! Allister thought.

He shot at the blur with electrical wires with the gun, but the blur dodged them with ease. It swerved around the electric wires as they retracted back into the gun as it slammed onto the boy’s body. Allister gasped, slamming onto the nearby wall of the hanger as saliva shot out of his mouth, his eyes and mouth opened wide in pain. He slid down, and the golden Organoid’s foot stepped onto his stomach. He gasped in pain once more, trying to get the foot off. He watched as its golden tail with a blade at the end was raised, pointed down at Allister.

“Wait a minute!” he exclaimed as he tried to push the foot off of him. The foot pressed on him tighter, and Allister grunted a bit in pain. “C-Can’t we talk about this? I mean…talk like civilized people!...er…and Organoid!” The Organoid growled and raised its bladed-tail even higher. Its blade was pointing down at the boy. “W-Wait a sec! Stop! Noooo!”

And just as Allister screamed, the hissing sound of the other stasis pod filled the air. The Organoid and Allister looked up to find it opening, albeit from behind. Steam or smoke was coming out as a hand held the edge of the pod. Then out came a pair of tan legs, and finally, the tan girl with silver hair walked out of the pod. She let out a yawn, stretching out her arms. The liquid from the pod poured out on her legs, and she was soaked in it, but it quickly dried. She wandered the room a bit, and as she turned to the hangar, she saw the Organoid on top of Allister. “E-Excuse me…” she asked politely, “what’s going on?” Her voice was soft, as if she hadn’t spoken in years. “And…where am I?”

Immediately, the Organoid jumped off of Allister and ran to the girl. It nuzzled against her hand with a playful growl. The girl didn’t understand what was going on, but something in her mind clicked, and out of instinct, she pet the Organoid, smiling. “Um…” Allister started, but the Organoid stopped its nuzzling to growl at Allister. “N-Never mind…continue…” And with that, the Organoid proceeded.

All of a sudden, Allister and the girl felt the ruins shaking. Rock began to fall down, and the girl shrieked. The Organoid then put the girl onto is back, and in a blue ran to the hangar as rock collapsed onto the room. “Oh…thank you!” she sighed, holding her chest.

“Oh man, what now?!” Allister moaned, looking at the shaking room. That’s when he heard a voice from outside.

“WHERE ARE YA?!”

Outside, there were a couple of Guysaks, scorpion-type Zoids used by the Helic Republic. Two of them were the standard tan color, while the one in the middle was a red Guysak with a green canopy. The leader was a man with a boot-shaped mark on his face, riding the red Guysak. “I knew we’d find ya here!” he smirked as the two Guysaks fired their weapons at the ruin’s entrance. “Ya lil’ trouble makin’ brat! This is whatcha get for stompin’ on my face!”

“That voice is familiar…” Allister muttered, not minding the earthquake, as he tried to remember who that person was.

-​

Earlier in the morning, back in the thriving desert town of Restruin, Allister entered a bar to get a glass. He took of his hood and had a seat. “Can I have some juice, please?” he smiled while everyone collapsed from their chairs. A juice in a bar? How ridiculous! “What? I’m not old enough to drink yet!”

“Then ya shouldn’t be in this ‘stablishment, kiddo!” said that same voice as a spikey-haired man walked up to him with his posse behind him. He grinned and held the boy’s chin up with his hand. “This is a place fer men, y’hear? We don’ like yur kind ‘round these parts. So I best not see yur pretty lil fa-“

Just as he said this, Allister grabbed the man’s finger, twisting it and throwing his whole body onto the ground. Before he could get up, Allister’s boot stomped on his face. It still had sand from the desert sands outside. “Juice, please!” Everyone was silent, and then busted out into laughter as the bartender gave him his orange juice. Allister consumed his juice quickly, leaving the bar afterwards. The man was on the ground, a boot-shaped mark on his face, twitching.

-​

“Oh my, I seem to make enemies wherever I go…” Allister let out a sigh as he turned to the girl. “I don’t know who you are, but we have to get out of here, now!”

“But where too?” asked the girl as she looked around calmly. Wasn’t this situation fazing her? “I don’t see an exit anywhere…”

“Damn, she’s got a point…” Allister didn’t even take that to account. He rubbed the back of his head as he heard the growl again. Now he was fixated on the blue and white Liger, turning to the Zoid in the middle of the pool. He heard the footsteps of the Organoid next to him as it looked up at the Zoid as well. “I see…” Allister muttered, and a smile grew on his lips. “I get it now! Okay, I think I know what’s going on, but do your thing!”

The Organoid looked up at Allister, its eyes gleaming. It nodded, and its body began to glow. In a giant golden beam, it flew into the Zoid, and the Zoid’s eyes came to life. A roar was let out; it was the Zoid that had let out that growl. Allister smiled and took the girl by the wrist. “I found our way out!”

“Wait, what?” the girl asked as Allister dragged her to the upper level of the hanger and running along the pathway into the Liger’s cockpit. The hatch closed as the two were seated in the cockpit. “Do you know how to pilot this thing?”

Allister looked at the girl, then down at the controls. It was…so complex! He had never piloted a Zoid in his life. “Um…trust me! I know what to do!” He had no idea what he was doing. That’s when it hit him, a voice from nowhere. Allister was the only one who could hear it, but it made sense to him. It said, “Pilot me.” Without hesitation, he placed his hands onto the controls, holding onto the levers as he leaned forward. Letters began to form on the screen in front of him.

M U R A S A M E L I G E R

Allister looked up, and he grinned. The hangar’s little island began to rise as the cliff side began to open. The Guysacks saw this and began to step back. “Wh-what is that?!” one of the pilots exclaimed.

“Okay…let’s do this…Murasame Liger…LAUNCH!!”

~

This is the first chapter of the series! More chapters will be put up here, but I will continue to post them in the DATS community.

If this is to be posted in the library, please let me know.

Kaji Motomiya

KAMEN RIDE: ZABEE!!
Chapter Two – Names

-​

“WHERE ARE YA?!”

Outside, there were a couple of Guysaks, scorpion-type Zoids used by the Helic Republic. Two of them were the standard tan color, while the one in the middle was a red Guysak with a green canopy. The leader was a man with a boot-shaped mark on his face, riding the red Guysak. “I knew we’d find ya here!” he smirked as the two Guysaks fired their weapons at the ruin’s entrance. “Ya lil’ trouble makin’ brat! This is whatcha get for stompin’ on my face!”

“I don’t know who you are, but we have to get out of here, now!” Allister exclaimed as he turned to the girl.

“But where too?” asked the girl as she looked around calmly. Wasn’t this situation fazing her? “I don’t see an exit anywhere…”

“Damn, she’s got a point…” Allister didn’t even take that to account. He rubbed the back of his head as he heard the growl again. Now he was fixated on the blue and white Liger, turning to the Zoid in the middle of the pool. He heard the footsteps of the Organoid next to him as it looked up at the Zoid as well. “I see…” Allister muttered, and a smile grew on his lips. “I get it now! Okay, I think I know what’s going on, but do your thing!”

The Organoid looked up at Allister, its eyes gleaming. It nodded, and its body began to glow. In a giant golden beam, it flew into the Zoid, and the Zoid’s eyes came to life. A roar was let out; it was the Zoid that had let out that growl. Allister smiled and took the girl by the wrist. “I found our way out!”

“Wait, what?” the girl asked as Allister dragged her to the upper level of the hanger and running along the pathway into the Liger’s cockpit. The hatch closed as the two were seated in the cockpit. “Do you know how to pilot this thing?”

Allister looked at the girl, then down at the controls. It was…so complex! He had never piloted a Zoid in his life. “Um…trust me! I know what to do!” He had no idea what he was doing. That’s when it hit him, a voice from nowhere. Allister was the only one who could hear it, but it made sense to him. It said, “Pilot me.” Without hesitation, he placed his hands onto the controls, holding onto the levers as he leaned forward. Letters began to form on the screen in front of him.

M U R A S A M E L I G E R

Allister looked up, and he grinned. The hangar’s little island began to rise as the cliff side began to open. The Guysaks saw this and began to step back. “Wh-what is that?!” one of the pilots exclaimed.

“Okay…let’s do this…Murasame Liger…LAUNCH!!”

-​

The blue and white Liger let out a proud roar as it was launched off the helipad. It flew out of the cliff side and over the three Guysak Zoids, the pilots left in awe as they watched the Liger’s underside fly over them. The Liger landed and skidded on the sand as it turned to the three Guysaks, growling.

“Hey, boss!” said one of the Guysak pilots, “I’ve never seen that Zoid before! Do you think it’s the kid?”

“Who cares!” the boss of the three snapped, leaning on his console. “If that’s th’ kid, then I’m takin’ his Zoid an’ leavin’ his body in th’ sand!”

“Leavin’ his body in th’ sand!” was what Allister and the girl heard from the cockpit of the Murasame Liger as Allister rubbed the back of his head, chuckling a little. “Wow, people are evil now a days,” he said to the girl. “To think, it’s even fulfilling to be harming a child such as I…”

“Are…they bandits?” asked the girl in her soft tone, leaning on Allister’s seat as she peaked over to the side.

“It looks like,” he replied as he sat back. He didn’t think he’d pick a fight with bandits, but in a deserted wasteland such as the Great Desert, it’s not a surprise to have come across them. At least they aren’t Head Hunters; that’d be even worse. “But…I don’t think there’s anything to worry about. Guysaks aren’t strong Zoids, so-“

“Look out!”

Allister looked at his screen to find two of the Guysaks missing. When he tried to move the Zoid, the two Guysaks were under Allister’s Liger, clamping its front legs with their sharp claws. “Shiiiit….” Allister muttered, not expecting this. The cockpit began to shake, and Allister and the girl saw from the monitor that they were being fired upon by the red Guysak! Its side-mounted machine guns were doing all the work! “Oh, come on! You got to be kidding me!”

“Ha ha ha ha~!” laughed the boss of the bandits. “You like this?! This is my Guysak Stinger Special, the strongest of all Guysaks! Your little Liger Zoid, no matter how cool it is, will never touch me!”

“Yeah, you tell ‘im, boss!” said one of the lackeys in the regular Guysaks.

“Put a lotta holes in ‘im!”

“Sigh…” Allister rubbed his forehead and leaned toward the controls, pushing the levers up. “You’re stronger than this…right, Murasame Liger?” With a smirk, he pushed them all the way, and the Liger roared, a second roar coming from the Organoid inside it. The Murasame Liger began to move forward into a full-blast sprint, the two Guysaks swinging off its front legs as it ran. It headed toward the Guysak Stinger, which began to burrow underground out of panic, and the Murasame Liger was forced to stop and wait. “Well…while your boss is playing hooky, I’ll deal with you two, first!”

“Wait a minute!”

“Can’t we talk about this?!”

The Liger roared once more as it ran toward the two Guysaks. The pilots started to shoot the Guysaks’ tail-mounted Beam Rifles at the Murasame Liger, but it was too fast that it dodged every shot. Using the blade on its tail, it ran through the two Guysaks, slicing off their tails with the blade of its own. “AHHHHHH!!!!” they screamed as their controls began to electrify, and the words in red letters appeared on their black screen, COMMAND SYSTEM FREEZE.

Allister whistled as he looked ahead, a smirk on his face. “This is intense!” he exclaimed.

“You seem to be enjoying this…” the girl said from behind his chair, peeking from the left side of it.

“I am, aren’t I?” Allister replied and looked up at the blue sky above him. “I’ve never piloted a Zoid before or ever been in a battle like this!”

“I don’t think that man over there cares…” The girl pointed at the screen; the Guysak Stinger was in front of them!

“Oh shittles…”

“Take this!” yelled the boss as he shot at the Murasame Liger with his side-mounted machine guns. The Murasame Liger dodged to the left, but at the same speed, the Guysak caught up and continued its firepower. The Murasame Liger then jumped to the right, but once more, the Guysak caught up.

“I didn’t know Guysaks were that fast!” Allister exclaimed. The girl looked up at Allister and saw not a face of distress, but the childish face of excitement, eyes gleaming.

“My Guysak is custom made, kid!” smirked the man. “It’s th’ fastest Guysak in all o’ Planet Zi! M’ pride an’ joy, an’ I’m usin’ it t’ take yer-”

But as the man was talking, he stopped firing, and the Murasame Liger was already close to him. “Wh-wh-wh-what?!”

“Okay! Do your thing, Murasame Liger!” The large blade on its back then lifted, falling to its right side. It gleamed in the sun as the blade drew closer to the Guysak Stinger. Without being able to run away, the Guysak Stinger was toast! The blade ran through the tail, slicing it off cleanly under the side-mounted machine guns, and it fell off.

“DAMN YOU!!” the man yelled as his controls electrified, the words, COMMAND SYSTEM FREEZE, taking up the screen.

The Murasame Liger stood there, basking in the glory of the sun as the cockpit opened, and Allister stood up, stretching his arms. “YEAAAAH!!!” he exclaimed. He had never been so excited in his life! The girl looked up at Allister from her seat and smiled, happy for his excitement. “I’ve never been in anything so intense before! And that Guysak! It’s got to be the only one of its kind! Oh, I gotta get it!”

The sound of a growl filled the air, and Allister looked at the Murasame Liger. For some reason…he understood its growls. “Ah, right. Sorry…wait, this is the Organoid speaking, right?” He felt kind of stupid, talking to a Zoid, but the girl didn’t seem to pay it mind. He heard another growl, and he looked down at the girl, who was covering her stomach with her hands, and a blush was on her face. He smiled and lowered himself to the girl. “I don’t know how long you’ve been in those ruins, but…I guess I can say, welcome to the world.”

The girl looked up at Allister, their eyes meeting. She smiled back to him and said, “Thank you.” Again, her stomach growled, and she went back to covering it.

“Ah, it’s lunch time now, isn’t it?” Allister chuckled a little as he looked out at Restruin to the southwest of their direction. “Let’s go see Miriam. Her food is the absolute greatest!” He then sat back down, and the Murasame Liger launched itself toward the commercial town in the desert.

Once it reached there, Allister noticed that it was surrounded by a wall. They can’t just leave the Murasame Liger out here…bandits might get it. “Hm…if I remember correctly…” Allister muttered as the Zoid walked along the walls until finally, a section of the sand began to sink. “Found it!” he smiled, and the Zoid stopped, sinking into the sand. At first, the screen was filled with sand, and then with rock, and finally metal as it descended deeper and deeper. Soon, they ended up in a hangar; a HUGE hangar!

The descending stopped, and a platform was raised toward the cockpit of the Zoid. Allister hopped off, taking the girl’s hand and helping her from her seat and onto the platform. It too began to descend, and Allister noticed that people were crowding around the Zoid. Mutters of, “That’s a pretty neat Zoid!” and “I’ve never seen a Liger like it!” filled the air as the platform reached the bottom. Allister noticed one of the people and called out to him. “Hey, Rey!”

The man from the day before, Rey, turned to Allister and smiked, taking out his cigarette and walking toward him. “Now, where have I seen this face before?” he joked and put his hand on Allister’s shoulder. “Glad t’ see yer ‘live, kid.” Allister smiled up at Rey, taking his hand. “That’s a pretty neat Zoid y’ got there! Got it from th’ Kaien Ruins, I take it?”

“Yup!” Allister replied, looking up at the Zoid. The girl looked up at the Zoid as well with a sense of familiarity.

“An’ th’ girl come with it, too?”

This made Allister blush as he turned to the girl. “Wh-what are you talking about?! I mean…well…technically…”

All of a sudden, the people began to scream as the golden Organoid jumped off from the Murasame Liger and into the crowd. It growled at Allister, and using its speed, it tackled him down, standing in front of the girl. Rey was surprised to see the being in front of him! “Well I’ll be damned…” he gawked. “An actual…livin’ Organoid…”

“Owww…” Allister groaned, holding the back of his head as he looked up. He blinked and laughed slightly, sitting up. “You’re quite the trouble-maker, Yuri,” he laughed, and the Organoid’s optics dimmed once, as if it was blinking, and tilted its head. “Yeah…I’ll call you Yuri. You feel like a ‘Yuri’ to me.”

“Yuri…” the girl looked down at the Organoid, now named Yuri, and smiled to it. “Do you like that name?” The Organoid looked up at the girl in protest and shook its head. “Well, I think it’s a great name! Yuri!” Then she thought about it…what was her name? As she tried to remember, flashes of memories appeared, and her head began to hurt. She winced slightly, almost collapsing as she tried to remember. “What’s…my name…” she groaned, trying so hard to remember.

Allister grew worried of the girl’s condition and stood up, walking to her. “You can’t remember?” he asked, and the girl shook her head. He looked up to the side a bit and wondered. “…Hmmm…I’ll call you…Orra for now.” What kind of name was that? Rey thought. “Well…you see…when I first met you, you had this ‘aura’ about you.” That had to be the worst pick-up line ever, Rey continued to think. “So for now, we’ll call you Orra. At least until you figure out your real name.”

“Orra…” the girl looked down, and then she smiled a bit. She looked up at Allister and took his hands to hers. “I love it! Thank you!”

The boy blushed slightly, rubbing the back of his head. It still stung from when he fell earlier.

“That was a nasty fall,” Rey said. “Lemmie go get some first aid fer ya.”

As Rey left, the girl, now named Orra, looked back at Allister with a smile. “And…may I know your name?”

Allister blinked. That’s right; he hadn’t given her his name yet. He smiled back with his hands in the pockets of his long white sleeveless coat. “It’s Allister. Allister Elric. Pleasure to meet you, Orra!” The Organoid growled once more, and Allister chuckled a bit. “A-And you, too, Yuri…”

In another part of the hangar, a black haired man with a black coat and no shirt watched the three in the distance. He narrowed his eyes as he looked at the golden Organoid. “He has one, too,” he thought to himself. No, he wasn’t thinking out loud. He was talking to someone. “This’ll be fun…right, Ambrose?”

Next to the man, the transparent and blurry image of an Organoid started to show. Soon, it appeared in full color. It was black with red accents. It growled as its red eyes flashed, focusing on Yuri.