Zero Two Firmly Dropped

Discussion in 'News' started by Dash, Jul 18, 2008.

Share This Page

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dash

Dash I Ireland Staff Member Supreme Dictator

Zero Two Firmly Dropped

As is our general policy... if something is released stateside legally, fully uncut and subbed, we would drop it.

Well, Zero Two now falls under that.

Farewell, Zero Two. :( We liked working on you... for the most part.
  2. Skr

Skr Ishvalastrator Staff Member

Tell me what's wrong with that.

maybe...

So that still sucks... but tis better.
  3. Tcatomon

Tcatomon Boom de yada boom de yada

Dammit. I am NOT paying to download individual episodes to my computer >_> I'd rather spend money on a box set!
  4. megumi

megumi SPAM BOT Staff Member WARNING WARNING

It wasn't exactly just Taichi's adventure.

Man, I was expecting more episodes.
  5. TheGreatOne2

TheGreatOne2 New Member

Direct2drive only allows people in the U.S and Canada to buy these eps and to download them. They encode them in the sucky wmv format as well.

I think its not a good idea to drop it afterall. DATs can show to Direct2drive that DATs encodes are much better quality after all. I dont know who encoded Direct2drive encodes but I think that person needs some more help with encoding.

I think this policy needs to be changed from As is our general policy... if something is released stateside legally, fully uncut and subbed, we would drop it. to if something is released statewide on DVD legallty, fully uncut and subbed we would drop it.
  6. Kage

Kage THE all-high-and-mighty

Sorry but the only way I can see DATS doing anything would be if the eps WEREN'T uncut and subbed.
  7. Skr

Skr Ishvalastrator Staff Member

The point is... we live in the US... and it's Greg's problem if Toei sues him... it's not a simple wanting to do the show or not.

Plus, we lack a translator and we were just going off of back-logged translations that we had...
  8. Dash

Yes, it is my problem if Toei wants to sue. Go to whois.net and look up dats.us

That's my actual information. So I'm really easy to sue.

(Not to mention that official translations > not-so-great fansub translations)
  9. digiboy123

digiboy123 Sub Editor & RAW Scan Provider Purdy Thing

Well, Toei isn't being true on their translations. There's a few dub terms that remain in the episodes. I guess they want to retain some Americanization in it.
  10. Kage

Kage THE all-high-and-mighty

Either way, DATS isn't going to continue. @_@
  11. RollEXE

RollEXE Member

:confused:

Wow.... your private information on the net... :confused:

That's freaky.
  12. Lige

Lige </3 Loves Being Poked

Yeah, anyone who registers a domain must use real information. Some registrars (not many) confirm it, others just notice if it's BS info. Most registrars allow to keep your information private for an extra fee, however it'd be pointless in this case as Toei could just contact his registrar and obtain the information through legal things.

My information is on at LEAST a dozen domains. For personal use or friends sites that I offered to pay for domains etc. xP

That stinks about Zero Two though :(. Ohwellz, can't control everything. Change is a constant~
  13. pawitp

pawitp Tech Admin Staff Member

There's no information hiding when it comes to .us domains.
  14. Lige

Lige </3 Loves Being Poked

That's kind of stupid they don't offer it on that. Ohwell, like I said in last post, not like it'd do any good in the event legal issues came up.

Thanks for letting me know that though, I'm more knowledgeable now! Bwahahaha.

Hmm... This topics making me want to re-watch some things o.o
  15. Vande

Vande Active Member Evil Incarnate?

I know if i were in Greg's shoes i would do the same thing, a show is not worth getting your ass sued.
  16. MugenSeiRyuu

MugenSeiRyuu Savers Girls Fanboy

Damn right! No show is worth getting sued!

Ofcourse that service is US only. So that sucks for me.

Okay, atleast I have the German Dub, which is true to the Original. In most parts.We still got some US Terms.
  17. Vande

Vande Active Member Evil Incarnate?

Can we say proxy?
  18. MugenSeiRyuu

Probably.

But I would aswell prefer a DVD Box.
  19. Dash

Big deal if a few terms are done... the whole Child/Adult/Perfect/Ultimate system doesn't make much sense. And seriously, Fresh 1 and Fresh 2? wtf.
  20. MugenSeiRyuu

The US System makes less sense. Especially Champion.

The Baby I /Baby II/Child/Adult/Perfect/Ultimate System makes perfect sense in context of the V-Pets, which it was created for. But Partner Digimon in Anime seem to work different.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.