Your Overall Opinion of MMSF 2

MegaBly101

Some Guy
Your Overall Opinion of MMSF 2

well not much extra to it, title says all, sure most of us have already roughly played it in japanese, but now (for those who have more or less finished) we know whats been going on, much different to the anime adaptation not to my surprise.

So the question is: what was your overall opinion of the game, curious to know what you guys think, this of course can include all of its contents, story, gameplay, battle system, dynamics even favorite features and moments etc... just remember to keep important spoilers tagged for those who still arnt done.

ill just go first for now:

in my own opinion the whole double/triple tribe stuff was a good idea, sufficient battlecards but i still wish there was more freedom to the panels rather than staying in just your personal confined area, but a step up from Starforce 1 none the less.
Story mode wise, its good that theres a rival for Geo/Subaru but i think they are still leaving to many blanks, sure its a childrens game, but the simple stuff like why can others willingly see EM life forms (People like Sonia, solo, vega and hyde come to mind) without use of a visualizer of sorts? (the "visible zone" explanation was used, but that didnt apply to round the clock, only at rare occasions), how can you grab solid objects in EM form, how can hyde stand on EM roads in normal form etc..
And why is there so much emphasis on link power (the reason for transforming, the destruction of mu etc..) when it was only introduced as a popularity system in this game and isn't even mentioned in the previous one!

Its good overall for me, i dont wanna dis it but the anime version made alot more sence imo despite being obviously cut short.

GSR

That one guy
I don't even know if I'm going to finish. The random battles are driving me mad.

Rendan

Missed <3
GSR;62548 said:
I don't even know if I'm going to finish. The random battles are driving me mad.
I'm pretty much forced to have a Cloaker on wherever I go. =S That is never fun.

I thought it was much better than Star Force 1. Wi-Fi battling was welcomed, but it is so idiotic at times. I don't even want to talk about all of these people who have used the
Le Mu
card on me. Then you have the people that go in using First Tribe King via Wave Command Cards, because they obviously can't win without having the damage doubled for every card. They really should have been harder on the requirements to enter the Random Battling. I would personally have also disabled both First Tribe King and hacked cards.

I hated the Sky Waves, especially when going to Mess Village, because it was out of the way.

The Link Power concept was pretty weird. In the two months between games, Link Power suddenly became popular. Yeah, right. I feel bad for the people that use Rogue form via the Indie Fragments who can't open some of those Link Power doors. Not to mention how us people that don't use the Indie Fragments can't open the door in the
Trans Dimension

The random battles frequency was really boosted up in this game and that was not welcomed. I think it is a bit ridiculous that I have to use a Cloaker just so I can avoid the onslaught of viruses. At least the gameplay in Star Force is fast-paced, if not it would really be a chore.

Wave Command Cards were fun, but annoying at the same time. I have all ready spoke about how much I hate First Tribe King, so just insert another angsty rant in here. It was fun that they left them in, but they should have been disabled - or some of them, at least - on Wi-Fi.

I did like all of the new colors and forms of Mr. Hertz though....

I enjoyed it, but there are a few things that really annoyed me with this game. It is far superior to Star Force 1, but it still has its number of problems.

GSR

That one guy
ToadMan.EXE;62557 said:
words words words

For the most part I agree with what you said, mostly about the random battles and the Skywave. It's reached the point where I dread pulsing in at all just because of the onslaught of battles. To add insult to injury, the escape rate is ridiculously low. It makes me wonder why they even give you the option - seeing as the viruses in areas update over time, it can't be to escape weaker ones.

I haven't even tried online battling, I'd get my ass kicked by "LOL TRIBE KING +800 HP +5 ATK/CHG/SPD + UNGETTABLE GIGA CARD"

Aurora Tenkara

Caught by an angel!
SF2 was great. Much better than SF1.
One thing that really pissed me off though was the fact that you had to go to the Bermuda Labyrinth litterarly 5 times consecutivly for no reason whatsoever (well there was a reason, but then as soon as I got there, I got bounced back to Echo for whatever reason.
Then a week after I finished the game, I discovered the shortcut from the start of Echo SW to the middle of Wazzap SW. I then spent the next hour slapping myself at how much time I wasted.

MegaBly101

Some Guy
lol i just thought it was me for a few seconds, but now that u guys said it, yeah the wave battles increased with frequency and decreased chance to escape, really tried my patience, and yeah the sky road thingy was a bunch of crap i like traveling to places at the push of a button tbh

Trivial

Though i haven't finished it, i feel like this is more well-going than MMSF 1
So i say i choose MMSF 2 better
But my opinion may change sometime >_>

Yuri

YUUURRRRIIII LOWELLLLLLLL
Got too annoying with the virus battles, and sometimes I just didn't feel like battling. >_>
That and the Bermuda Labyrinth was annoying, as The Aurora said, you had to go back like 5 times. >_>
It was a good step up from SF1 though. They've shown some effort at least.

Emi-hime

<span style="color: deeppink;"><strong>#1 Subaru ♥
Virus battles always suck. I try avoiding any battling outside of the ones I have to so...

Saving the Hertz also got annoying. I adore them, but too many cards would lock in on them/consider them an enemy and depending on what enemies happened to be there, they could end up killing the Hertz if you weren't fast enough.

I also disliked several minigames that drove me nuts. Not even so much the miniquests which weren't so bad, just the minigames which I wanted to smash my DS because of them.

I liked a lot of the dialog in the game though, but I'm worried about if the translation is even close. There are so many typos and they don't even space after commas...it's just a pain in the butt to deal with.

I did enjoy not having to run around for a while trying to find the best way into someone's info though to help them. It's much easier to just go up to them and talk...However, I didn't like how some jobs were really unspecific and gave you no clue on where you should go.

Getting up on the wave roads was also a pain. I wandered around lost so many times because I couldn't find a ramp and for the longest time, I didn't even know I was supposed to look for one. They also failed to explain several new concepts (Like the fact that there are no waveholes and you just look at things).

Overall? I like SF2 just as much as the first game. SF2 had nice graphics, I wish they would've kept the voice acting though.

I'm looking forward to the third game now and I'm just hoping for the best.

Crash And Burn

Yay 4 Spring!~
I do not like that there was no voice acting and that there were some things wrong, like typos and not needed spaces after words.

MegaBly101

Some Guy
Princess Emi;62765 said:
I also disliked several minigames that drove me nuts. Not even so much the miniquests which weren't so bad, just the minigames which I wanted to smash my DS because of them.

I liked a lot of the dialog in the game though, but I'm worried about if the translation is even close. There are so many typos and they don't even space after commas...it's just a pain in the butt to deal with.

2 more good points, gotta say the worst mingame was the underwater one, which doesnt even make sence because as EM waves one would assume you dont need a ludicrous matter device to swim. I often worried about dialog myself, noticing that there were indeed times where things sounded to cheesy to be true, and others that were just plain....pointless? (for example when they just put blah blah blah, they could at least string together random letters to make random words for the foreign languages or just have put the ...). Plus stuff like that always happens, if u play Megaman Battle network 4 when you save it states "would you like to saver you progress" as if they couldn't have made such a stupid mistake in such a repeatedly viewed place.

Aurora Tenkara

Caught by an angel!
NikeGolfer;62784 said:
I do not like that there was no voice acting and that there were some things wrong, like typos and not needed spaces after words.

I know... i watched a vid of the jap version in action... when i found out there was voice acting i was so dissapointed.

as for the virus battling.... i didnt mind it so much... but the sky wave was a real pain in the ass because you always have to battle at least 20 viruses in 1 area alone.

GSR

That one guy
Is it a bad sign that I find the game immensely more enjoyable now that I've added a 'No Random Battles' AR code?

Though I'm going to have to turn it off, still need a bunch of Mega chips from the SP bosses to finish up my library. :<

Dengar

Random battles never bothered me too much. The only times I run away is when I'm looking for something while I do not know where it is. Or trying to get from Echo Ridge to Loch Mess.

Which reminds me, I do not mind the Sky Wave. It brings back the old idea of a Network connecting everywhere. The wave roads in SF1 felt a bit too enclosed.

Roy

Because its Roy^.^
The game was worth the money and I beat it but in this one I dont have the motavation to actually 100% this one like the last one.
WCC is annoying ONLINE (in single player I dont care) and shouldn't have been available online
I hated the sky wave to get to mess village....