Yatagaramon > Crowmon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vande

Evil Incarnate?
Yatagaramon > Crowmon

This is from the WtW News - Yatagaramon is to be called Crowmon in the dub (like the toy suggested) and apparently Jeff was told to do this.

My patience is beginning to wear a little thin with the pointless dubbing of the names. Mind you the Yata is a demon but i suspect it's so kids can pronouce the name ~_~

Volt

DC Comics Enthusiast
Vengeance
:eek:WHAT?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?! Poor Ikuto...it's hard enough for him to get a horrible dub name but his Digimon's Perfect stage too? That's going to far.

celestial_sacred

Darn name changes.

How odd it is to see Crowmon evolving into Ravemon since crow=raven. >_> What's this gotta do with pronunciation? It was hard enough pronouncing Quetzalmon. But oh well.. Nothing can be done. ~_~"

Johnzaloog

DATS Yu-Gi-Oh! Official
Yata garasu was fine in the Yu-Gi-Oh! card so I see no reason for this change. Poor Yatagaramon.

Vande

Evil Incarnate?
digiboy123;17100 said:
Fail and fail again. This isn't Savers anymore. It's AMERICAN.

Dubs are supposed to be "American" as they are the ones dubbing it. Doesn't make it easier to swollow.

digiboy123

Sub Editor & RAW Scan Provider Purdy Thing
No, it's supposed to be Japanese, with English voices. They're changing everything that's not... worth changing.

MugenSeiRyuu

Savers Girls Fanboy
Hey, you know, Nimoy himself claimed that it is an American Show. Telling him that this is not the case and that he is not that important ( which hurt his Ego ) got me banned at WTW and the Digiport. ( and that´s the truth, unlike some other Versions certain People might tell about that Incident ) You know, even Colleen O´Shaugnessy agreed that he has a big Ego.

Oh and trhere is actually a difference between a Crow and a Raven. Ravens are bigger, smarter, stronger and meaner. Same goes for a Ytagarasu compared to a normal Crow. The are also connected to Sun Goddess Amaterasu.

Kage

THE all-high-and-mighty
... I honestly have no reason why they'd change it... Because of pronunciation just sounds so... STUPID a reason. Mehhhh I stop paying attention to things when they're dubbed and edited. They always seem to have (is it really so much a necessity?) to change things that seem so pointless.

Well I think I did see one comment made by the man himself saying that people compare dubs to the original shows themselves too much. :/

At least they got the "bird" part right >_> I liked Yatagaramon. You knew it was three-legged because of his name. >_>

Tcatomon

Boom de yada boom de yada
Mm. Ravenmon. Ravemon makes me think he needs glow sticks tied around his neck. Yes, it's Japanese.. I get that though.

Crowmon.. isn't bad.. I guess. It's a bird. I've still yet to see the dub aside from the opening and the previews before it started.

Gaomon

Yes, Master!
Crowmon, hahahahha. I guess the other perfect forms should get their names changed too. How about "Dinosaurwithablastermon" (because saying 'gun' is a nono), "Bluedogwearingarmormon", and "Pinkishladywithnonosemon"? That's a little easier to prounounce, isn't it?

MugenSeiRyuu

Savers Girls Fanboy
Eh, Lilamon has a nose.

Also, she would be "SheIsAGirlTherefroeShehasCootiesmon".

MachGaogamon would be "BlueWrestlingDogWithSunglassesmon"

Tcatomon

Boom de yada boom de yada
MugenSeiRyuu;17113 said:
Eh, Lilamon has a nose.

Also, she would be "SheIsAGirlTherefroeShehasCootiesmon".

MachGaogamon would be "BlueWrestlingDogWithSunglassesmon"

lulz.

I expect the famous "bounce" of Rosemon will be cut as well ;p I think someone has the gif of that as their avatar.

Ingrimm

Tcatomon;17116 said:
I expect the famous "bounce" of Rosemon will be cut as well ;p I think someone has the gif of that as their avatar.

Are you from Germany? :D

I'm looking forward to this in the German dub.
"Lasst die Blumen des Lebens blühen..." *bounce"

PrimoPiccolo

After 100 Million Nights... I'm back!
Crowmon's just so... simple. And after they readily accepted Garudamon, is Yatagaramon really so weird? ::begins to fear the impending name of Kudamon's Ultimate... and Mega for that matter::

Tcatomon said:
Johnzaloog, before he changed it. :mad:

Cael

<b><font color="#4e7d40">Head Scanlator</font><br>
OMG. Crowmon is an EXCELLENT name for Yatagaramon. We should all be glad guys. We shouldn't whine.

and my sarcasm fails because I think the name is plain and boring. :/

I wonder why they didn't name Peckmon -> Ostrichmon. :/

Also...didn't Jeff say that there wouldn't be many name changes because editting Digivolution scenes were hard and time consuming? Yes he did. LIAR!

So they are going to change Yatagaramon -> Crowmon but they couldn't change the Z in Rize to an S? OH THAT WOULD HAVE BEEN SOOOOO HARD. OH NO! D: and I bet it wasn't hard changing B.Nanimon to an Orange either.

And I also don't care what Jeff says. His head is too far up in his ass. He is so obviously tired at getting bitched at. When asked a yes or no answer on if it would be the name on the show, a paragraph explanation on how its not his fault was not needed. It just shows that he's scared of getting bitched at xD

I should write a letter and bitch at Disney and Jeff. If I can bitch at the people who make Laffy Taffy because the jokes were retarded then I could sooo do it to Disney & Jeff. [Jeff just because he's an A-hole a lot]

jadenik

celestial_sacred;17087 said:
Darn name changes.

How odd it is to see Crowmon evolving into Ravemon since crow=raven. >_> What's this gotta do with pronunciation? It was hard enough pronouncing Quetzalmon. But oh well.. Nothing can be done. ~_~"

actually a raven is bigger than a crow and ravens are nocturnal.

Status
Not open for further replies.