Wubi

DtD

[Z?]
O_O;;

Wow! I have wanted this for ever, and my prayers have been answered. I have been thinking of using the x86 Project or Pear to install OSX on this PC, but earlier today I found out that it is illegal, and Apple will punish >_<

I have like Ubuntu for a while now, but I can't partition this harddrive, or my granpa would KILL me. I've burned a Live CD, but my PC doesn't want me to boot it. My old PC would run it, but I think it was scratched is the problem...and I really want a full install...so Wubi is my answer. Full install, completely bootable, with partition. I am in love. *Installing at the moment*

Zelmerge

DEAR GOD IN HEAVEN!!!

DO NOT INSTALL UNLESS YOU HAVE A WINDOWS DISK AND BACKED UP YOUR HARD DRIVE!!!

Uggh...fuck this. I installed it, it booted...my screen went black. I rebooted the system, and Windows won't boot. To make a long story short, I was lucky HP installed a system restore partition. I now have my PC, but none of my files. >_<

Zeledit: Please avoid double posts. You can easily edit your posts.

Zelsius

<b>Egosexual</b>
This is why you never do such things without a recent back-up. It's always good to be prepared anyway.

I hope there was nothing too important among your lost files.

pawitp

Tech Admin
Staff member
In any case, if this ever happens again, use a live-cd (any) to recover your data. BartPE can help you create a windows live-cd and AFAIK it is legal if you own a copy of windows