Would you want to see an anime adaptation of Pokemon Special?

Volt

DC Comics Enthusiast
Vengeance
Would you want to see an anime adaptation of Pokemon Special?

Just as the title says. Would you? I recently got 27 volumes of it and have become addicted. I think it would be a great anime if they ever made one.

EDIT: If you want to read it, PM me; I have Volumes 1-27.

megumi

SPAM BOT
Staff member
WARNING WARNING
I read random summaries as well as reading some of the RS arc, and I find it really worth adapting.

StelarSX

Jack In!
Pokemon Special SHOULD be the main storyline for EVERYTHING! I love the whole entire thing! I read a lot about it on Bulbapedia to understand more. It just seems so realistic.

Volt

DC Comics Enthusiast
Vengeance
I have gotten to the point where I think the anime being produced is the lowest quality form of Pokemon (of course, to me, it's low of a high quality series). I love Special and the plot is so smooth, but I hate the ending to the FireRed and LeafGreen Saga. I personally think the Gold/Silver/Crystal Arc was the best.

jpwong

Voltanis;74740 said:
I love Special and the plot is so smooth, but I hate the ending to the FireRed and LeafGreen Saga. I personally think the Gold/Silver/Crystal Arc was the best.

Well, if you don't like the ending, they're wrapping it up in emerald.

I wouldn't mind them making a series of OVAs for this. I personally have Vols 1-26 in english as well as the Best of Red book.

Volt

DC Comics Enthusiast
Vengeance
I have the Best of Red and the Best of Yellow, but the rest are just scans. Also, I have not read any summaries/spoilers for Emerald. I have only finished the Battle Arena Chapters, "VS Nukanin (Shedinja)"

Role

Fanfic Writer & RPer
Returning Member
I wonder if/when they'll make the Jewels Generation arcs? Or are they already working on it?

Volt

DC Comics Enthusiast
Vengeance
Ruby/Sapphire Arc won't be published in English stores. Scans are available online though.

Role

Fanfic Writer & RPer
Returning Member
That's the Advanced Generation, not the Jewels Generation.

Colors Generation - Red, Blue, Green, Yellow
Metallic Generation - Gold, Silver, Crystal
Advanced Generation - Ruby, Sapphire, Emerald
Jewels Generation - Diamond, Pearl, Platinum

Don't ask me why they call it that. I just call it what I've seen others commonly call it...

Volt

DC Comics Enthusiast
Vengeance
Role;74813 said:
That's the Advanced Generation, not the Jewels Generation.

Colors Generation - Red, Blue, Green, Yellow
Metallic Generation - Gold, Silver, Crystal
Advanced Generation - Ruby, Sapphire, Emerald
Jewels Generation - Diamond, Pearl, Platinum

Don't ask me why they call it that. I just call it what I've seen others commonly call it...

Oh. I just call them R/B/G, Yellow, G/S/C, R/S, FR/LG, Emerald, and D/P/Pt arcs. I didn't know the names for them. But they probably won't be published in stores either. Scans will probably be made available in the future though.

jpwong

Role;74796 said:
I wonder if/when they'll make the Jewels Generation arcs? Or are they already working on it?

Diamond and Pearl is already being published in Japan and it's actually quite far. No doubt Japan has enough material to publish Vol 29 and 30 back to back if it so chose too.

This is mainly due to the fact that the emerald arc got hung up so long without getting done while the DP manga started to publish.

These books are still being published in english, the problem is, it's only singapore that's got a license, so you'd have to find someone willing to export the books to you. I believe vols 1-27 are currently available, and the next one ought to be out within a month.

Volt

DC Comics Enthusiast
Vengeance
Yeah, those are the scans I've been downloading. I can't wait for Vol. 28... >_<

Role

Fanfic Writer & RPer
Returning Member
I wonder... who will Platinum be? Or is it just gonna be the Rival character from Diamond/Pearl? Any ideas (or have they already started?)?

Volt

DC Comics Enthusiast
Vengeance
Platinum is already a character. Her name is Platina Berlitz. (Platina = Japanese for Platinum). Her character is designed after Hikari.

Role

Fanfic Writer & RPer
Returning Member
Eeeh? But isn't wasn't that already done by diamond or pearl (not sure which one's the boy and which is the girl..)?

jpwong

Diamond would be the male character you get to play in DP, Pearl is your rival (If you've seen recent Pokemon DP episodes, he appears as pokemon trainer Jun)

Role

Fanfic Writer & RPer
Returning Member
Aww. Pearl would have fit the girl much better. Besides, since Platinum just came out, now she doesn't have as much time to develop. T-T

StelarSX

Jack In!
She's been in the story from practically the beginning. No one knows her real name in the story, though. (Until recently, of course)

Volt

DC Comics Enthusiast
Vengeance
With Volume 28 brought out (I will provide MU link for those who ask), I want the anime more than ever!!! Ending of that one is a plot twist where you find out the true identity of Guile Hideout (Emerald Saga's Main Antagonist). Also, Ruby's back~