Wikipedia

Johnzaloog

DATS Yu-Gi-Oh! Official
Wikipedia

Is it usable? I was inspired to do this by an argument taking place on another thread, but anyway. I am talking about the general wikapedia, not wikimon, bulbapedia, wiki-oh or any of the others. Just plain old wikipedia.

Vande

Evil Incarnate?
Johnzaloog;19429 said:
Is it usable? I was inspired to do this by an argument taking place on another thread, but anyway. I am talking about the general wikapedia, not wikimon, bulbapedia, wiki-oh or any of the others. Just plain old wikipedia.

For Digimon stuff - stay clear and this is just one of the reasons:
It claims that Digimon NEXT is to be released in English by Tokyopop in 2008 when Tokyopop don't know screw all about it!

celestial_sacred

I think it gives ample information when I just wanna know something on the surface. But once I search for further information, it's crap.

Yuki2

Hearts Beywiki
I like it, but for some articles about lesser-known stuff (like Kingdom of Paradise) it doesn't tell you much that isn't obvious.

The Sixth Kakorat

For well-known topics, I find it pretty much reliable. But for things that are 'obscure', most, if any, edits that are debatable are left up.

MugenSeiRyuu

Savers Girls Fanboy
For stuff like Digimon it sucks.

Come on, if you edit something, some jerk will set it back before you edited it, saying that you need a source. Yet crappy claims like the existence of Renomon ( a male Renamon ) and DarkGatomon ( with the Power of Hentai ) don´t need sources.

It shall be destroyed and replaced with a better Wikipedia !

Tcatomon

Boom de yada boom de yada
I use it for real stuff <_< History, Biology and Geography. I haven't really been "into" anime since high school, but even then I could find better sources for information on it than Wiki.
I'm with Kakorat on this one, I think.

Dash

I Ireland
Staff member
Supreme Dictator
I hate it when I want to know about a movie/book/anime/game/etc. THE SPOILERS ARE RIGHT THERE OMG.

*cough* Yes.

But for other stuff (schoolish stuff) it's my #1 starting point.

Magna

Yeah, spoilers there can be a problem, but I find it reliable enough for me, especially useful when it links to other resources, and like Greg said, I find it as a perfect starting point =D

Tcatomon

Boom de yada boom de yada
lol. Of course there's going to be spoilers.. it tells about the subject. XD It's not a forum to go *OMG SPOILERS AHEAD* .. which you should know full and well ahead of time there's going to be that.

Magna

I know, but on some articles it says something about spoilers in the the following paragraph/ section, but in others it doesn't ^^;

PrimoPiccolo

After 100 Million Nights... I'm back!
Wikipedia's beautiful when it comes to general knowledge. But for cult-ish stuff, visiting a forum related to it is a much better idea. So I'll go with option 2 on this one.