Wikimon suspended

Dash

I Ireland
Staff member
Supreme Dictator
Wikimon suspended

Wikimon is suspended as of now until who-knows-when. Right now the downtime across the server is not worth it when it's always Wikimon killing it.

Oh....Did you make a backup of Wikimon? Maybe it could be moved to a wiki farm of some sort.

Edit: I believe Wikia now allows Wikis to be made on a subject even if there is already a Wiki on the same subject. Might be a good idea to see if they would host it. Might need a list of extensions that Wikimon uses though to see if they have it there.

Dash

I Ireland
Staff member
Supreme Dictator
Or it can stay down a few days until we can move servers? :-O

We're not putting it on Wikia.

Oh I thought you didn't have enough money to host it anymore. But you moving to a new server? Hope it happens soon. Is one of the best Digimon resources on the net.

Dash

I Ireland
Staff member
Supreme Dictator
Oh, there's plenty of funds.

No, it's because Wikimon is too resource intensive and keeps killing the server... it's been happening daily recently. And since Wikimon isn't the only website on the server... well, it's for the greater good.

On Thursday we should have the funds for a new server, so we could see Wikimon back up by Friday/Saturday.

MugenSeiRyuu

Savers Girls Fanboy
aRedMoon;132623 said:
We're not putting it on Wikia.

Very good decision.

Putting it on Wikia makes it prey to all kinds of idiots editing it will all kinds of wrong info, having it end up like some other Digimon Wikis...

Devkyu

Wha...?
So glad to hear it'll live. I find myself compulsively clicking it on my bookmarks even though Know it's down @_@. I need some outlet for my obsessive compulsiveness...

Rawcliff

Well, it happened one or two weeks ago when I tried to visited the wikimon, then surprisingly found out the website suspended.:eek: Firstly I believed it had only been blocked by China's Great Firewall, then I used the proxy, still found the same message with "This Account Has Been Suspended" again, I realized the problem is much more serious.:(
Later it occured to me of using Google to reach this thread.

I mean part of the source on wikimon is completely unique...which are especially important to ones who can't master English and Japanese very well, you know. Those Japanese informations is very handy to be matched with various digimon. As I was travelling in the official Japanese website, those symbols almost made me insane!

Anyway, hope the wikimon can revive!

Role

Fanfic Writer & RPer
Returning Member
So that's what happened... Yggdrasil got pissed that the servers were overloading and sicked the X-virus on it. Good to know.

Also good to see that the anti-virus will be set up soon.

MugenSeiRyuu

Savers Girls Fanboy
More like Project Ark and the X-Antibody. :D
Seriously Yggdrasil, you should punish other Digimon Sites.

I'm glad that Wikimon can be saved. It is the best Western Digimon Encyclopedia we have!