I Ireland
Staff member
Supreme Dictator
Sent a message to pawitp.

Thanks for letting me know.

Role

Fanfic Writer & RPer
Returning Member
What happened to Wikimon, by the way? The consistency and accuracy's been shot to hell recently! A digimon is called by their Dub name in one area, their Original name in a different one, is HORRIBLY misspelled on a different page...

It used to be good. What happened?

Dash

I Ireland
Staff member
Supreme Dictator
You know, it is a WIKI, hence the Wikimon, so you know... you could help...

Bring up issues you have on the community portal. Last I heard, there was a bit of a war on naming schemes going on.

Role

Fanfic Writer & RPer
Returning Member
...Why is there a war? If I'm not mistaken, weren't y'all supposed to be using the Original names as a standard, then providing the dub names?

Or did a bunch of new people suddenly show up and try to take over the Wiki?

And yes, I know I can help, but I'm still learning the wikicode stuff. At the moment, the best I can probably do is fix typos and possibly broken links, but until the standardization issue is resolved, I'm not getting in the middle of it.

...Or are you not actually part of it? I was under the impression that some of the DATS members were working on it...

Dash

I Ireland
Staff member
Supreme Dictator
It was about spacing in the names, and romanization. :/

And I'm not really all that involved...

Role

Fanfic Writer & RPer
Returning Member
True. But some consistency would be nice. Honestly? They should go with official romanizations, even if they're not as 'technically correct'. If it deviates from the technically correct name, provide the correct name along with the dub names.

As for spacing, do you mean they're arguing over whether to say: Lord Holy Angemon vs LordHolyAngemon, or are you referring to something else?

And yes, it is better than Wikipedia... I looked up LordHolyAngemon and got Adventure 02 Patamon. :confused:

Role

Fanfic Writer & RPer
Returning Member
Looks like it's down again... has been for a couple days...

Dash

I Ireland
Staff member
Supreme Dictator
Make a new topic next time, please, and it's fixed.

(I almost just skipped reading this, thinking you were yelling at someone for necroposting :p)

Role

Fanfic Writer & RPer
Returning Member
Why post a new topic when I can use an old one that was made for the same purpose?

Dash

I Ireland
Staff member
Supreme Dictator
Because it's a support matter, and in any support system, you should always make a new ticket.

And because I asked you to, kk?