What would make the best "02"?

(READ THE POST FIRST) Which season would make for the best sequel series?

• Total voters

PrimoPiccolo

After 100 Million Nights... I'm back!
What would make the best "02"?

Okay, Hagaren Gao pissed me off (love ya buddy :)) with his lack of faith in a hypothetical Savers sequel, so I wanted to see what everyone would think about the other seasons of Digimon continuing their stories.

PLEASE, do not just vote for the one that was your favorite season. This is about what creativity could be explored, what parts of said season could be expanded upon, what conflicts the chosen humans seemed like they would face later in life.

I like the idea of continuing Savers more than Tamers and Frontier because it was the only season that seemed a little rushed. Tamers stretched with D-Reaper. Frontier SERIOUSLY stretched with constant losses to Dynasmon and RhodoKnightmon.

As for Savers, they used a lot of Digimon groups without using all of the characters. There are more Demon Lords, more Royal Knights, more of the Olympus Twelve. Masaru could stumble onto any of them going around the Digital World beating things up. That "Bantyo Mode" transformation Agumon did in the final episode could outline a whole new key to evolution. BantyoLeomon could be reborn completely differently, maybe evil *Chaosmon!*. Relena could finally become her own character, realize some kind of dream now being healed of her illness thanks to Touma.

I just see there being more to say. It's the only season since Adventure I've easily been able to entertain fanfic ideas for. Now, if I only I weren't too lazy to actually type them down...

MugenSeiRyuu

Savers Girls Fanboy
I would go with Savers. I have some Fanfiction myself in mind. And I really want to see Yoshino and Raramon again.
And like you said, there is still way more to discover.
And since it is the most recent one, a sequel is more likely.

Stupid Soccer World Cup and other Events taking away their space for Episodes.

digiboy123

Sub Editor & RAW Scan Provider Purdy Thing
Seriously, while i was helping to sub Savers, and watching it, I was like...

Whoa! New people! Whoa! New Digimon Levels past Ulitmate! Whoa! New villains! Whoawhoawhoa!

If you ask me, they could have stretched Savers to 75 episodes and it still be marvelous. I think they scrunched it up, when they could have went on with it.

Kazemon15

AMV Freak
Frontier, because there could have been so much more they could have done. For one, everyone could have gotten a Double Spirit Evolution form....how Lucemon was corrupted was never fully explained and where were the other Royal Knights who were supposed to keep the peace in the Digital World while their buddies were destroying it?

If Takuya and Kouji could get a Hyper form, I wonder if there could be a mix and match of Spirits to the others as well to create new forms... and maybe even possibly they could evolve to their ancient forms.

Katsuharu and the others would have been good characters to join the fray.

Also, rumors about a "puppet master" would have been a great final boss and explain a whole lot of things.

Lucemon should have taken over the real world, and the Frontier gang should have tried to find Katsuharu and the others to have all the warriors together again in order to defeat him...then they should have seen the true master behind the works. Quite possibly could have extended to at least 60 to 70 episodes.

Season 2 can start with the Digital World being in trouble again, but only Katsu and his gang can enter while the other 6 try to...and somehow, later on, they meet up together as the Ten Legendary Warriors once again to defeat the puppet master who could quiet possible be controling the other Royal Knights.

Hagaren Gao

Guess I'm fired now
Well GEE, I love you too, Primo XP

If an 02 *had* to be made, then I would say Frontier. *Dodges flying objects*

Frontier had so much more that could be done with it. Spirit Fusion. The unused 4 sets of spirits. Katsuhara and his friends. FRONTIER MOVIE 2. The unused Double Spirit Evolutions (Even if Tomki's makes absolutely NO sence). Touch up more on the Ancient Spirits, maybe the kids would get to meet them or evolve into them. The battle never really moved the real world like every other season, so Frontier missed out on that. And they could *deep breath* make the Spirits into actual Digimon that travel with the kids like other seasons, but still have the kids spirit evolve (Like, it's Agunimon's 'spirit' that travels with Takuya, then the spirit goes back into the Digivice when it's time for battle). That would (theoreticly) satisfy people's Digimon partner needs.

It's also the only season where I think it would be possible to really keep the old characters in the fray without them being outshined by the new characters.

I love Tamers, but PLEASE don't make a season 2 of it ;_;

And Savers...I can't see it being anything other than "The Masaru and [New Streetfighting Character with Veemon] show". *Dodges flying objects from PrimoPiccolo*

2chaotic

Future bestselling author
I'd have to say Tamers. *runs*

For starters, (even though they had the Locomon movie) how the heck did they get the digimon back? (one of my current fanfics goes into this)

Two: Surely operation Doodlebug has some adverse effect(s) on the digital world itself.

Three: The general public now knows of the existence of digimon (viewed by most as malevolent beings). Can you say "Conflict"? For once, you could get some military action going.

Four: Surely the digimon weren't ONLY appearing in Japan. Let's get some other groups of digidestine emerging...

Five: Romance anyone?

Six: One word: Alice.

Seven: Let's go into some history about Ryo...

Eight: Don't even tell me that there was no real "bad" guys besides Zhuchomon and his Devas. If they were the only "evil" ones here, then I must be Elvis.

List goes on...

Culumon

I'm going to have to say Tamers at this time, since I haven't seen all of Savers (watching the dub). Culu~

Gemini Star

Yeah, I said Frontier too. (stands up to thrown objects with Amzingly Thick Skin (tm))

As Kaze and Gao said, there are a lot of things that they could have done with Frontier that they didn't - a lot of storylines that they could have played with. I'd love to see them taking on extra villians with new spirit forms, maybe even more than just the double-spirit evolutions - I mean, we never got to see any of their 'Rookies' besides Flamon. If they were forced to start from there and work their way up through the ranks, it could really be cool.

Plus, as for introduction of new Digimon - who's to say that the Spirits of Water, Steel, Wood and Earth wouldn't look different when bonded with a human instead of a Digimon? They all look different than their Ancient forms, after all - it's not impossible.

And speaking of the Spirits, we never really know where they came from. I mean, you could go with the idea that Lucemon was corrupted by his own power, but then these ten warriors just rise up and weild the powers of the world to stop him? There's got to be a story behind that. All that and the same character development for all that sets Frontier apart from some of the other seasons.

PrimoPiccolo

2chaotic said:
The general public now knows of the existence of digimon (viewed by most as malevolent beings). Can you say "Conflict"? For once, you could get some military action going.
Ouch, you just gave me memories of Gargoyles: The Goliath Chronicles.

Role

Fanfic Writer & RPer
Returning Member
I think Tamers has the most potential. The ending leaves it open for something else to happen. I can't see a Savers 02, since it didn't really have much leading on for another season (then again, the same was true for Adventure, and it still gave way for the abomination that is Daisuke-baka...)

Frontier I can see going either way. So, in order of what I can see:

1: Tamers
2: Frontier
3: Savers
4: Adventure 03 (as in, next to nil...)

Though, what I personally really would love to see... which is odd because it's my second least favorite season... is a Frontier 02. I just don't think it's fair for only Fire and Light to get the bonuses they did, and am curious as to what the other forms for the rest of the spirits are.

I also have a bet with my brother that IF they come out with an 02, that the 4 spirits that didn't get given to a human (even though there were 4 people PERFECT FOR IT!) were actually corrupted spirits, so that when they are given to a human they change similar to the way Darkness did. As far as I can tell, since it was Evil Cherubimon who was in possession of them, I wouldn't put it past him to corrupt their power...

So if Frontier 02 comes out, and I'm right, I just netted myself $20! XD

Granted, it's just speculation. If you bash me for this, I have every right to make fun of you, as you didn't create digimon, do you're merely a fan, not an expert...

Dash

I Ireland
Staff member
Supreme Dictator
I wouldn't want a full fledged sequel series to any of them, just maybe a 6~13 episode OVA to either Tamers or Savers to fill in some of the plot holes, like Alice in Tamers and WTF happened between the ending of Savers and the little epilogue they gave us.

PrimoPiccolo

Kazemon15 said:
Frontier, because there could have been so much more they could have done.
Hagaren Gao said:
Frontier had so much more that could be done with it.
See, my only problem with that analysis of it is, Frontier actually had time to do plenty. They chose not to, probably due to the fact they were cancelling the anime anyway.

But if you trimmed a lot of those pointless Hyper Spirit battles, and stuff like the burger episode, there would have been room to expand on Lucemon and his link to the Royal Knights. And if a new evil were to come along in hypothetical continuation series, I can't figure out a way for it NOT to be shoehorned in. (Much like the fact that despite having already died twice, Vamdemon was still alive. -_-)

While Savers, on the other hand, after about the 11th episode or so, couldn't afford to skip any of the plots it used. One event inevitably linked to the next in one of the best progressions I've ever seen in an anime. So while I love Frontier, my inclination toward Savers continuing is predicated on the writers telling more of the story they wanted to, rather than apologizing for the lack of story they ran with. :/

And Tamers, I don't know who the heck's voting for Tamers for a reason other than because they love it so much.

SSJ Jup81

Official Link Fanglomper
Personally, I would like a Savers continuation. I would say Frontier, but I don't recall enough about it to comment. Tamers probably would've been nice too, but, that's the only Digimon series that I still haven't seen from beginning to end. I always ended up missing eps. Then again...I don't see how the story could continue for this, so maybe Tamers wouldn't work. Their Digimon went back to the Digital World.

So, out of the choices, I shall go with Savers. Seems there's some potential for it, especially since, in a way, this is the first animated series where the main character goes to literally live in the Digital World by choice. I don't count those like Ken or Ryo for this, though.

It would also be nice to expand on both Ikuto and Chika. Savers was good for what it was. Chika had potential, imo.

Gemini Star

PrimoPiccolo;40595 said:
See, my only problem with that analysis of it is, Frontier actually had time to do plenty. They chose not to, probably due to the fact they were cancelling the anime anyway.

But if you trimmed a lot of those pointless Hyper Spirit battles, and stuff like the burger episode, there would have been room to expand on Lucemon and his link to the Royal Knights.
Auw, but what's the fun of that?

Think about it. Some of the most entertaining episodes in an anime or manga series are the ones that seem step away from the main story just for a moment, little stand-alone tangents - especially the individual character development episodes, which is what most of the 'stuff like the burger episode' were in Frontier.

Nothing but plot is exhausting for everyone - the creators, the characters, the viewers - it gets obnoxious after a while. Sure, it works for like, 13 episodes, max, but having nothing *but* the knotted-up story arcs is just annoying. Especially if it sacrifices character development. (Guess what *my* least favorite Digimon season is...)

Kazemon15

AMV Freak
^ ....maybe that's why I lost interest in Savers about halfway through...you're right about that. It did get annoying....

Dash

I Ireland
Staff member
Supreme Dictator
PrimoPiccolo;40595 said:
And Tamers, I don't know who the heck's voting for Tamers for a reason other than because they love it so much.
Alice and Ryou. 3 episode OVAs for each of them.

:)

MugenSeiRyuu

Savers Girls Fanboy
Tamers is great, but pretty much finished. Therefore some OVAs.

@Frontier Discussion:
Now if Frontier's filler Epsiodes were actually used for Character Development.....Savers atleast pulled it off and did not have fillers at the same time.

Frontier was always like some bad rehash of Adventure for me, mixed with a bad Sentai Series. And waaaaay too much Goggleboy and Lonewolf get Extra Forms. Watch Magiranger to see how it should have been.

Okay, as for a Frontier Sequel, I really would wish they would get rid of the problems Frontier had and some other things.
First of all: No Katsuharu and Gang for the "Evil" Hybrids. I liked their personalities, as opposed to the ones of Katsuharu and Gang.
Make the Beast Spirits Partners. Maybe normally in smaller forms, like Flamon and Strabimon. And uniting with the humans for A-Hybrids.
Give the Spirits different personalities. I know Kazemon15 once claimed that all of the Digimon Partners have the exact same personalities as their human partners, I beg to differ. But in case of the Spirits so far, this is the case. Come on, you don't want two Takuyas, Koujis etc.
Since we talk about the Beast Spirits as Partners, they might have some rather nasty personalities, based on their profiles. Like Shutumon, who is akin a Devil.
Shutumon: "You know Izumi, I think you suck as a Partner. I also made a list of Fairy Digimon that are more badass than you as Fairymon. Basically I made a nearly complete list of Fairy Digimon, but without Fairymon."
A good Idea Kazemon15 mentioned are however alternate Zeta Hybrids. I remember creating Warriors of Wind and Water back then. TrueValkyrimon ( later became Hildrmon ) and Venusmon ( later changed to Undinemon, due to the fact that Venusmon is most likely one of the Olympus 12 ), who unite into Amaterasumon. Later I decided to make those two Ultimates instead of Zeta Hybrids. Still able to form Amaterasumon.

Considering how KaiserGreymon, MagnaGarurumon and Susanoomon are formed, the alternate forms would most likely similar.
The Zetas of Wind and Ice would use the same Spirits as KaiserGreymon.
The Zetas of Thunder and Darkness the same as MagnaGarurumon.

Based on the fact that Susanoo has two siblings, one can assume the same for Susanoomon.
Considering that Lunamon has a Darkness and Ice Theme, I assume that the Zetas of Darkness and Ice can form a Digimon based on Moon God/Goddess Tsukuyomi. ( I also made one up based on Tsukuyomi, but that that one is also a combination of Ultimates )
Since Susanoo is normally a Storm God, not one with Firepower, the equivalent to Ameterasu would have the power of Wind. And add Thunder. Also imagine how hilarious it is too have Izumi and Junpei naked inside one Digimon. :D

2chaotic

Future bestselling author
Scipio;40748 said:
Alice and Ryou. 3 episode OVAs for each of them.

:)

Lol you forgot Ai + Mako.

Maybe little Jerry + Culumon

Hmm...

Kazu and Kenta didnt have much backstory...

Dash

I Ireland
Staff member
Supreme Dictator
2chaotic;40755 said:
Lol you forgot Ai + Mako.

Maybe little Jerry + Culumon

Hmm...

Kazu and Kenta didnt have much backstory...
They're not interesting >_>

Ryou is in the 02 universe as well as the Tamers one. As much as it's lovely that the games have the backstory, it would be nice to have an anime one.

Alice is just... unknown.