What did you think of Digimon NEXT?

Vande

Evil Incarnate?
What did you think of Digimon NEXT?

Now that Digimon NEXT has ended what did you think of it?

I thought it was too short but did like how the evolution line eventually changed for Agumon/Gaomon to VictoryGreymon and ZDGarurmon instead of it following Savers to the letter.

NEO is just sweet + glompable ^_^

I do think that is was mainly for marketing purposes (to sell more Minis, ICs and Twins) but overall a tidy manga.

(mind you it was 31 pages long each issue as V-Tamer was around 26 towards the 2nd half)

MugenSeiRyuu

Savers Girls Fanboy
I liked the change of Evo-Lines.

I however don´t like how it ended as your typical "Goggleboy and Lonewolf ( or in this case Goggleboy and Little Kid with Lonewolf Digimon ) save the World." Z´d also didn´t do too much. Victory did the main Work.

Did they really have to make Yuu the Love Child of Tomoki and Touma ?

I however like how Knight turned out. A Dark and broken Anti-Hero.

Poor Ami could definately have faired better, she definately had Potential. Starting with giving her Raramon as a Partner. Just imagine Minervamon or Lotusmon ( not Rosemon due to change it away from Savers ) kicking butt and taking Names.

Having Yggdrasil not as the Antagonist ( atleast not everything of her ) was a nice Change,with Norun being Yggdrasil.

Overall I also think that it was too short and too much of a Commercial at times. ( Yuu getting an iC just to have it destroyed the next Battle )

Nice Manga, but will never top V-Tamer !

Paradise_Lost

Since it wasn't fully translated, I have no opinion. ~I expected Neo to evolve, the final battle was crappy like in Digimon Savers~

celestial_sacred

I like the art! XD To me, it was a nice read, but too short. I agree that Next is for marketing purposes.

At first, I was like, "Oh no, Agumon and Gaomon are going to be like Savers'". But.. "Oh yeah! VictoryGreymon and Z'dGarurumon!" Yeah. Ami could have kicked butt as well. Z'd was something like MagnaGarurumon and Victory being KaiserGreymon..where Victory/Kaiser gets to do all the job, but Z'd/Magna was just being a sidekick, or something.

Shou with Peckmon was a surprise. I didn't expect him to be Knight. I thought he was the person behind the black manteau (like what Tsurugi thought). Oh darn it was Piccolomon. >_> Norun was a nice add! Gothic. Cute. Mysterious. Her outfit in Yggdrasil form or something looked like someone from the mahou shoujo (magical girl) world. XD NEO is <3. Cool. Cute. Frightening powers. If they didn't delete him, the story could have continued and become more interesting.

kaizer

Kaizer kun
What ive read from digimon next its really cool and the arts good its to bad my computer doesnt under stand downloading sites poor old thing im not sure when but apparently this year tokyopop should be releasing a translated version

Vande

Evil Incarnate?
kaizer;23544 said:
What ive read from digimon next its really cool and the arts good its to bad my computer doesnt under stand downloading sites poor old thing im not sure when but apparently this year tokyopop should be releasing a translated version

Don't trust wikipedia, i've changed that 3 times now, it's wrong they are not releasing it.

MugenSeiRyuu

Savers Girls Fanboy
Yes, Wikipedia is crap regarding things like that. It´s funny. For some crap, you don´t need to give a source, but for actual info, you need.

BTW: What Manga is replacing NEXT ?

I heard "IT´S A GUNDAM !!!!!!"

PrimoPiccolo

After 100 Million Nights... I'm back!
MugenSeiRyuu said:
Good for Gundam Fans, not so good for Digimon Fans.
If Digimon fans have to go without yet again, I'm glad it's for Gundam this time instead of that Gegege no Kitaro crud.

Vande

Evil Incarnate?
Next was never going to be very long and it was a suprise back when it was annouced that we were to get a new Manga. It has come at a good time for me when it ended as i'm getting a little short on cash so means i don't have to get V-Jump anymore when this subscription has ended.

MugenSeiRyuu

Savers Girls Fanboy
PrimoPiccolo;23718 said:
If Digimon fans have to go without yet again, I'm glad it's for Gundam this time instead of that Gegege no Kitaro crud.

Quoted for truth. Nekomusume = Fetish Girl.

Anyways, back on Topic, I think Next could have been better.

Remmber: Ami didn´t suck as a Tamer, Pichimon just sucked as a Digimon !

Vande

Evil Incarnate?
By the ending in reality, ami/pichi were the ones to partly save the world, if it wasn't for those 2 they would never have got to NEO to beat him.