Weren't you guys working on stream?

Mattwo

Weren't you guys working on stream?

What ever happened to it? It's not even on the project page under hiatus or dropped. I really want to see it but I don't want to put up with freezecracker's nonsense about having to post 50 times :/

Dash

I Ireland
Staff member
Supreme Dictator
We have the DVD sets, but we don't have a translator.

We'd do it if we could, but we can't so we aren't.

(I feel like a broken record in regards to Stream.....)

Dash

I Ireland
Staff member
Supreme Dictator
Oh, it's on the Waiting list... for when we can find a translator that can actually dedicate his/her Chinese/Japanese skills for the whole 50 episodes.

Zodiac

Gurren Brigade Member
I can't dedicate it to 50 episodes (Well, I could, but remember, it's 20% now that school's in session more densely now... It'll only drop to 10% as October progresses.)

Dash

I Ireland
Staff member
Supreme Dictator
Yeah, I'm looking for someone that will actually spend time to do all 50. I don't want to get to episode 20 and be stuck right back at square 1.

Zodiac

Gurren Brigade Member
Makoto;71881 said:
Yeah, I'm looking for someone that will actually spend time to do all 50. I don't want to get to episode 20 and be stuck right back at square 1.

I'll have time to do all 50... in the summer.

And even then, the summer vacation only lasts so long...

If you want, I can get it to 30% on the weekends, considering that I have most of Saturday to work on it. (As October progresses, this will slowly inch towards 20%.)

After November 19, it'll most likely jump to 60%, because the 19th is the day of a very major math contest in Canada (The Canadian Open Mathematics Challenge. I want to get a good score on this), and I want to prepare for that.

And if I happen to get a good score (say 75 or above; the total score is 80), I'll just get offset again in March 2009 as a member of the CMO. For this contest, my TL will probably go down to 10%, even if I reallocate my time.

Litintha

Resident RockxNetto Fan
There was another group (which shall not be named, but it isn't WPP) that was working on Stream, but their group leader couldn't seem to handle keeping everything together.

Said group has since dropped off the face of the earth, and no other group will be subbing Stream (WPP said they would after they finish Axess, but, I'll be blunt here, given their current track record, I don't forsee it even being subbed by them within the next 2-3 years, at least).

It would be great to see Stream subbed. After watching Program of Light and Dark, I really want to see how before the movie and after the movie unfold.

Let us hope that DATS can find a translator for it!

Litintha

Resident RockxNetto Fan
Makoto;75294 said:
FAQ? Yeah, I know allllll about them...

I read your blog entries. I know this. :)

And, his third attempt (Well, forth, if you include the Dark-Rebirth merger) seems to have failed, as well.

My guess is (and, this is just a guess. Stop me if you don't want anymore talk about it) that no one wants to work with him because he (from what I have observed) keeps using his "RL disabilities" as an excuse for what he does, instead of trying to do stuff in spite of them.

But, that is just my observation.

Anyway, back on topic.

I hope DATS gets a translator who is interested in Stream. I don't want to wait 2-3 years for WPP to get around to it.

:)

Dash

I Ireland
Staff member
Supreme Dictator
Hmm... it put it lightly, me and Brandon have mended our bridges.