• Vista?

Votes: 9 81.8%

• Total voters

Role

Fanfic Writer & RPer
Returning Member
I have it.

It's a love hate relationship.

It tends to crash a lot, but I like a lot of its features. It demands a lot from your system, so you've got to have the right specs. It used to crash all the time before I installed two more gigs of ram. Now the only problems I have is unfamiliarity for the most part, but something else is probably bound to happen until they get some more patches out for it.

Nemomon

<b>Gaming Freak</b><br>Chip Library Evo
Never saw it but it (maybe) will be good after third Service Pack.

Dash

I Ireland
Staff member
Supreme Dictator
I love XP and won't upgrade to Vista until I must. :(

Joey

&hearts; Webcomic Fiend &hearts;
After discussing it with Digi awhile ago, I wouldn't *mind* using Vista if I had a computer that could really handle it without slowing down.
I'm running Ubuntu on my laptop (with W2K Dual booting in case I really need to use it) and XP as my primary on my desktop, with Ubuntu as my backup. I really couldn't afford a PC that can run it right now though. XD

Tcatomon

Boom de yada boom de yada
I'm still running Win98SE on one of my computers. it's the most stable operating system I've ever had. I've had to reformat/fix something once. I've had a whole slew of problems with XP since I got it about three years ago. The ONLY thing I like about XP is it's ability to know what's plugged into it and find driver's automatically instead of having to install drivers... but then I have a printer, scanner, and jump drive, so that's all I've needed for it...everything else (PS2 controller, digicam, etc) goes on the XP machine.

I wont touch Vista with a ten foot pole. Neither will a good chuck of the country that's computer savvy. I think it's either Gateway or Dell who are still giving you a choice of which you actually want on a new computer. I'm thankful I got mine before the switch over. I think they were still calling it Longhorn at the time, though.

PrimoPiccolo

After 100 Million Nights... I'm back!
I got to use a nice Dell laptop with Vista for the day, I thought it was pretty cool. But my friends with Vista keep complaining about their old programs not being compatible with it.

Anyway, all of my computers use XP and I'm fine using that for like the next ten years.

digiboy123

Sub Editor & RAW Scan Provider Purdy Thing
I switched to a Vista installed computer on a whim. I don't see what's so wrong with. You people are whiners!