Types of books you read

RamenRanger

Red Ramen Ranger
Types of books you read

well what kind of books do you like to read? May it be Romance, Comedy, Fantasy, Scifi, or ect.

My kind of books are Fantasy and Scifi except the Star Wars one, those bore me.

I hate Non-Fiction, i read to get away from life not learn about some one else's.
the only Non-fiction book i like was Night by Elie Wesel(i think that right i correct it later)

I also hate what people consider classics like to Kill a Mocking Bird, Cold Sassy Tree, Of Mice and Men, or generally the ones my teacher forces us to read.

Kage

THE all-high-and-mighty
I like Sci-Fi, Fantasy, and Action/Adventure. I guess you can count the Hardy Boys as mystery but that's a lot of action... I'd guess. Also, Encyclopedia Brown was a joy to read.

Some of the "classics" are pretty interesting... I just don't like the verbose ones like many of Dickens's stuff.. it gets hard to read through. Interesting... but really hard to get through. I enjoyed To Kill a Mocking Bird and Of Mice and Men but I ABHOR Vanity Fair. I liked Brideshead Revisited, Katherine, and Grapes of Wrath... @_@ It just... depends. @_@;

Magna

Action, adventure, fantasy and comedy( as long as it fits my taste of humour).
I just <3 books with dragons and/or medieval settings in them. Just any book with them and a thick enough plot, and I'm reading it =D
Really love the Redwall series, and other random books <3
I've never read any of those 'classics'. I read the first few pages of To Kill a Mocking Bird and just dropped it. Can't remember exactly why. ^^;

digiboy123

Sub Editor & RAW Scan Provider Purdy Thing
Magic, fantasy, adventure, action, mystery and maybe a touch of comedy.

Magical, action-filled adventure = pwn.

Timewitch

I love fantasy fiction, with magic and spells and other worlds. I also like sometimes Science Fiction, when it's not exactly Science Fiction (a good example of the Science Fiction I like is A Wrinkle in Time)

Akaku

コード・ブルー
Fantasy, adventure, mystery.

A good action every now and then but I'm not so into that... or comedy for that matter ^^;;

Vande

Evil Incarnate?
Fantasy, Myth, Adventure
Generally older place settings or distant future.
Dragons always a bonus

Johnzaloog

DATS Yu-Gi-Oh! Official
Harry Potter, artemis fowl... A series of unfortunate events. can't think of theme they all fit into.

Woot, 100th post

wenhao152

Err... Hi?
I guess I'll read about any kind of books that are not popular.

I used to read harry potter. But after it got so popular, i kinda like... leave it aside.

Yea, so just some random old books.

Mitchfoxbane55

Jyou Kido & Kudamon fan
wenhao152;5593 said:
I guess I'll read about any kind of books that are not popular.

Yea, so just some random old books.

I have a little bit of the same taste as Wenhao152 when it comes to not-so-popular fiction books, usually I also read the non-fiction books with facts, biographies, books with humor (if comics can count in too), classics, Sue Townsend's books, ghost stories, animal stories, mythology books, action/adventure and encyclopedias.

Airdra

V-Pet Geek
Sci-Fi and Fantasy for me. <3 I especially love the Star Wars expanded universe and young adult fantasy novels (which always seem to be better than stuff written for old adults for some reason XD).

I also have a chronic weakness for anything superhero related. I read lots and lots of comics, but if I can find an actual superhero prose novel it's cause for celebration. Even moreso if it's DC because Marvel seems to put more of those things out and I'm a DC fangirl.

As far as the classics go, I don't read those in my spare time. I'm going for a master's degree in English, and I've got to read that sort of thing for school. I need something different in my free time. :p

RamenRanger;5532 said:
My kind of books are Fantasy and Scifi except the Star Wars one, those bore me.
D:

Kage

THE all-high-and-mighty
Akai Shuichi;5601 said:
I knew it! I was wondering why Akai would be posting. I woulda thought you'd never have a type of book. I WAS RIGHT.

Magna;5549 said:
Action, adventure, fantasy and comedy( as long as it fits my taste of humour).
I just <3 books with dragons and/or medieval settings in them. Just any book with them and a thick enough plot, and I'm reading it =D
Really love the Redwall series, and other random books <3
I've never read any of those 'classics'. I read the first few pages of To Kill a Mocking Bird and just dropped it. Can't remember exactly why. ^^;
Magna~ Have you read any of Tamora Pierce's books? They're filled with lots of action... adventure... magic... "medieval" stuff too! I guess you'r have to say there's some feminism because the Tortall line has all female-"heroines"... the Emelan or "Circle" books have... 1 guy and 3 girls as the main characters. I think you may like her books if you haven't already. Joey likes them~

Magna

Kage;5602 said:
Magna~ Have you read any of Tamora Pierce's books? They're filled with lots of action... adventure... magic... "medieval" stuff too! I guess you'r have to say there's some feminism because the Tortall line has all female-"heroines"... the Emelan or "Circle" books have... 1 guy and 3 girls as the main characters. I think you may like her books if you haven't already. Joey likes them~
No I haven't read them, but they sound awesome, just like something I would read.
First thing I'll do when I come back home is going to the bookstore anyway, and checking that out (and buying a lot of other things >o<).

Elecmon

I hate anything non-fiction. I don't see the point in reading a book that really relates to real life, when I could just go out and experience that stuff my self.

I prefer to read fantasy books. Anything with swords and magic I'll read. Except books that have a young kid as the main character, and throughout the book he "comes of age" I'm so sick of those types of stories.

GSR

That one guy
Usually I read a mix of sci-fi, fantasy, and horror. Michael Crichton and Stephen King usually fit those bills fairly nicely, though I do need a new author sometime soon.

Kage

THE all-high-and-mighty
I guess I should also comment on non-fiction... I've found stuff that I've had to read for AP Gov like Hardball and The Courage of their Convictions to be great reads. I'm also into Mythology books, as they chronicle or whatever myths and such. Nonfiction books on weapons are awesome. <3 Swords... trebuchets... catapults... Even stuff on torture devices like the Iron Maiden.

Akira

People
I normally just read fantasy books, whether magic or wild future. I will toss any other book aside as being boring. I recently picked up a book, Sparta, by this Italian guy and hated it.
The only book outside this category I will read is Birdsong, or maybe other books by Sebastien Faulks. I picked Birdsong up about a month ago and it is the most powerful novel I have read, a great read.

Airdra

V-Pet Geek
I'm going to have to second Tamora Pierce's books as being really awesome. Good stuff there.

And honestly, non-fiction drives me a little nuts unless it's about pop culture or it's about animals and has pictures of said animals for me to look at. ^^;;

Akaku

コード・ブルー
GSR;5607 said:
Usually I read a mix of sci-fi, fantasy, and horror. Michael Crichton and Stephen King usually fit those bills fairly nicely, though I do need a new author sometime soon.

My boyfriend is currently reading "Timeline" by Michael Crichton... if anything he would know about his novels because that's one of his favorite authors, I'm not a big fan of him but they seem to leave him with interest as he always describes his books as a "Sci-fi adventure" or something. But I'm more into mystery adventure novels.... although "Timeline" does kind of fit into that category once you think about the plot.

Akai Shuichi;5601 said:

Why doesn't this surprise me.... it doesn't surprise me, not even one bit.