Thoughts about Savers movie?

Dorumon_Tamer

Thoughts about Savers movie?

So the whole thing's about twenty minutes long, and kinda unexplainable.

I loved all the random comedic moments in it, actually, like how Raramon went Bruce Lee on the Ogremon... :D

The whole Algo-rythm thing was strange, too.

What did y'all think?

Vande

Evil Incarnate?
the movie was way too short & not enough explination on the following:

-How Rhythm & Argo got to the real world
-How Masaru escaped from his sleep pod
-More details about Rhythm

Tcatomon

Boom de yada boom de yada
Vande;7588 said:
the movie was way too short & not enough explination on the following:

-How Rhythm & Argo got to the real world
-How Masaru escaped from his sleep pod
-More details about Rhythm

Totally agreed. Stick those three there and it would have been so much better. Rhythm's too cute and human-y to be a Digimon, yet.. she is? Explaination ftw! They could have at least had a two minute Agumon doing the heroic "ANIIIKIIII!1111one" and waking Masaru up to bust out of the pod.. thing.
Even if it was an extra 10/15 minutes longer I'd have been happy. In all I think it's my least favourite of the Digimon movies because of that. :/

Kazemon15

AMV Freak
One more thing to make it better....Touma and Yoshino actually SAYING something in the movie. I found it sad that their voice actors werent even in the credits cuz they didnt even say one single line. Oh and Ikuto should have been in it too. ^^

Johnzaloog

DATS Yu-Gi-Oh! Official
The only moment when in the real world after reaching ultimate level that Ikuto wasn't present was after MirageGaogamon blasted Yatagarumon and Ikuto. But then Agumon would be attacking Gaomon, it makes no sense. But the movie was OK I guess. Is it my imagination (I spotted this when I first saw the movie (as in dub movie where the first 3 were 1)) but the evolution sequences, and the general animation, looks different.

Takayu Syaoran

The GoggleBoy is BACK!!
Yeah, the Movies seem to like doing what I've dubbed "Sphere Evolution".
There's no sequence, just a giant sphere, and then bamn, new level Digimon.
In the Savers movie, it feels like a rip-off because Masaru gets a somewhat shinier Overdrive sequence, and then a damn SPHERE surrounds Agumon and we get ShineGreymon.

In the third movie, I always wondered would it have been so hard to use an Adventure evo sequence for Terriermon.
"Sphere Evolution" just annoys me, I guess.

MirageDukemon

the movie only had one good scene when they fought those digimon at the start of the move. also it was very short and all i see it as is a waste of the seasons budget. (causing that crappy agumon bird thing ending):confused::mad:

MugenSeiRyuu

Savers Girls Fanboy
I don´t think it was because of that. They seemingly actually planned the Agumon Bird Thing, which was quite an interesting twist, if you ask me.

If you want to complain about Budget Cuts, complain about Rosemon and Ravemon not getting proper ( but still very good looking ) Burst Sequences.

amigobro2

I didn't like how they animated Tohma and Yoshino so beautifully, with their close-ups for like one second each, and didn't even give them at least a bigger role, I mean they could have just been in the ending when Rhythm was leaving for the Digital World, and not even have any lines and I'd be happy! Plus this was WAY TOO short, come on at least make it 60 minutes, that's how long a REAL movie is anyway, to be called an ACTUAL movie! If I was the director (even though I'm currently a director in-training now), I would have did a way better job with this movie! :cool:

MugenSeiRyuu

Savers Girls Fanboy
That is where the Problem lies. They seemingly only gave the Director permission for a 20 Minute feature. Packing in all the things that would have improved it if it was longer, would have crowded it here.

Gaomon

Yes, Master!
It was too short! I really enjoyed watching it, but was deterred by the confusion due to lack of explanation and lack of screentime. What was Rhythm's significance in the digital world? She was a digimon, right? So would she really be called "Rhythmmon"? What was her connection with Argomon? Why were they both in the human world? What the heck happened to Touma and Yoshino after Masaru busted out? 20 minutes is a total rip-off, they had to have known that. Poor Savers got the short end of the stick.

The animation was gorgeous. Total eye candy all the way through. Fight scenes were particularly enjoyable, especially Raramon + Sausages. Though it was sad that there was a serious lack of any human participation, it was kinda good to see how the digimon handle things on their own without being able to evolve. They all had some great moments, good lines, and their personalities really got to shine through individually. That and the visual aspects were probably my favorite parts of this movie.

Gaomon must have lots of free time on his hands, knowing how to operate a boat and all.