Things people seem to forget & Misconeptions

MugenSeiRyuu

Savers Girls Fanboy
Things people seem to forget & Misconeptions

I noticed that there are recently a lot people forgetting things.

And that there are still some misconcepts about Digimon in the fandom.

Things People seem to forget
-Hikari's Tailmon is an Adult Level: A lot people recently seem to classify her as an Child. While that is not totally wrong, Hikari's Tailmon and most others are adults.
-Ruki is the Lone Wolf of Tamers: While that should be pretty obvious, a lot people seem to put Jenrya ( who is more of a Keeper ) among the other Lone Wolves.
-There are other people besides Goggleboy and Lone Wolf.

Misconceptions
Note that I use Dub Terms in some of those, due to them originating from the Dub.
-Impmon, Terriermon and Lopmon are in DW3: Wrong.
-Kaseidramon: Does not exist.
-"The Digivolutions are wrong": Digimon are Multipath Evolvers, even if the Anime does not show it.
-Season 1, 2 and 3 are Set in the same continuity. Yamaki is TK, Miss Asagi is Kari. Need to say a word about that one?
-The Digidesinied in Season 4 are the ones in the Flashback in Season1: Those had Partners, so that does not work.
-True Digivolution Aren't they all?
-X-Virus causes mutationsThere is no X-Virus. The X-Antibody reacts to Program X.
-Next Season is called V-Tamers/Chronicle/NEXT/Twin.Defintely not.
-They originally planned 7 seasons! Which were fullfilled. Every Digimon Series consists of two Seasons. Note that those are actually different series, not seasons.
-Gaomon is a Wolf He is obviously a Dog.
-It's Black[Insert]mon! Not every black Version is called Black.
-Rosemon BM and Ravemon BM are weak: Just because they were both activated against the same RK does not make them weak. Duftmon was pretty much overkilled. Also notice that you don't need a fancy Evo Sequence.
-Duftmon is weak! Let's see how you fare against two Burst Modes.
-Angemon and Evos are the strongest!Not at all. He just was lucky that he is effective against Dark Digimon.
-Tamers is like YGO They use cards, what else?
-Girl Digimon are weak! Yeah, total weak. Maybe if their name is Fairymon...
-The original MetalGreymon is the orange. Original is blue. Even if it was used for a corrupted Evo and Bandai America calls the other on RealMetalGreymon, at times.
-Digimon World is based on the Anime. It is based on the V-Pets.

Feel free to add more.
And no, not that Pokemon Rip-Off thing.

guilmon93950

Johnzaloog;65546 said:
He's obviously not, he says it himself several times.

Well, he's not a dog, he's a dog based digimon, but in essence, if you were going to lable digimon as what they were based on, such as Agumon is a lizard, then you'd have to call Gaomon a dog.

MugenSeiRyuu

Savers Girls Fanboy
He refers to the fact that he is not a Dog, but a Dog Digimon. You know, like Tailmon is a Cat, Garururmon is a Wolf etc.
And a certain other Gaomon has no problems with that.

Edit: Guilmon posted first.

Another misconception:
-Bastemon evolves from Mikemon
Out of the three Tailmon-Style Cat Digimon, Mikemon is the only one who does not evole to some female humanoid. There is also no OFFICIAL source that lists Bastemon evolving from Mikemon. Mikemon's onyl Tailmon-related Evo is Betsumon.

PositronCannon

MugenSeiRyuu;65468 said:
-Season 1, 2 and 3 are Set in the same continuity. Yamaki is TK, Miss Asagi is Kari. Need to say a word about that one?

Now that's a new one for me, never heard that before. XD

Nemomon

<b>Gaming Freak</b><br>Chip Library Evo
Add something about Puppet Master. Lucemon and Frontier's alternative end.

megumi

SPAM BOT
Staff member
WARNING WARNING
MugenSeiRyuu;65468 said:
-Ruki is the Lone Wolf of Tamers: While that should be pretty obvious, a lot people seem to put Jenrya ( who is more of a Keeper ) among the other Lone Wolves.

I kind of wanted to keep this to myself, but... personally, I don't consider Ruki a fully qualifying Lone Wolf. Actually, I don't even consider that there is a Lone Wolf in Tamers at all, much like how I consider there is no Lone Wolf in Zero Two. Ruki may have the striking lonely nature as all Lone wolfs (spelling mistake) have, but she does not have the thought of being able to protect the others better than the goggleboy (which was shown in Adventure with Yamato, Frontier with Kouji, and Savers with Touma where it was flat out said). She did have a time where she felt responsibility to protect everyone (as did all the other tamers), and she always considers herself better than Takato, but never the two thoughts together (when put together, the meaning changes drastically).

And being slightly discrimative, she's not a boy. Sorry about that. Honestly, that was just there for no reason other than to point out probably the main reason why people think Jenrya as a Lone Wolf instead.

So that was simply my opinion, so don't go starting a war with me about it. And besides, it's been two or three years since I sat down and watched all of Tamers. I might be wrong because of missing a little detail.

Btw, I've been a little slow in the Digimon fandom, what's a Keeper?

And I need to learn to spell. (off-topic)

MugenSeiRyuu

Savers Girls Fanboy
megumi;65791 said:
I kind of wanted to keep this to myself, but... personally, I don't consider Ruki a fully qualifying Lone Wolf. Actually, I don't even consider that there is a Lone Wolf in Tamers at all, much like how I consider there is no Lone Wolf in Zero Two. Ruki may have the striking lonely nature as all Lone wolfs (spelling mistake) have, but she does not have the thought of being able to protect the others better than the goggleboy (which was shown in Adventure with Yamato, Frontier with Kouji, and Savers with Touma where it was flat out said). She did have a time where she felt responsibility to protect everyone (as did all the other tamers), and she always considers herself better than Takato, but never the two thoughts together (when put together, the meaning changes drastically).

Tamers is a bot different than other series.

You might notice that Takto is not your typical Goggleboy. He is for example way less agressive than your usualy Goggleboy.
And Ruki is not your typical Lone Wolf. Although she shares the Loner Aspects of other Lone Wolves. And she also has the Family Issues commonly found on Lone Wolves. Part of her Character Devlopment is that she sees Takato's qualities. She become nicer, but not weaker.

megumi;65791 said:
And being slightly discrimative, she's not a boy. Sorry about that. Honestly, that was just there for no reason other than to point out probably the main reason why people think Jenrya as a Lone Wolf instead.

Sexism does not change facts.

And Jenrya does not qualify as a Lone Wolf at all.

megumi;65791 said:

In another thread we were searching for a term for the Person that keeps the group together. And the Goggleboy and Lone Wolf from beating up eachother. So we came up with Keeper. Basically what charcters like Jenrya and Sora do.

Johnzaloog

DATS Yu-Gi-Oh! Official
megumi;65791 said:

Hear Hear, if you HAD TO give 02 and Tamers Lone Wolves, then they'd be Ken and Ruki, but they really aren't quite there.

The one who doesn't like fighting opponents/keeps the peace in the group, e.g. Henry not wanting Gumimon to fight, Sora/Yoshino/Miyako stopping Tai/Masaru/Daisuke and Yamato/Touma/Takeru (wow, a non-lone-wolf) from fighting.

megumi

SPAM BOT
Staff member
WARNING WARNING
MugenSeiRyuu;65819 said:
Tamers is a bot different than other series.

You might notice that Takto is not your typical Goggleboy. He is for example way less agressive than your usualy Goggleboy.
And Ruki is not your typical Lone Wolf. Although she shares the Loner Aspects of other Lone Wolves. And she also has the Family Issues commonly found on Lone Wolves. Part of her Character Devlopment is that she sees Takato's qualities. She become nicer, but not weaker.

I know that Tamers is different. That's why I said, I don't consider there is a Lone Wolf in Tamers. Tamers is more about complete teamwork, in my opinion. There isn't really any major disputes between tamers than in other series.

And I want to mention that I believe in the fact (more like opinion) that Takato is too timid for a fully qualifying goggleboy. I guess, Ruki is close enough for being a Lone Wolf, so I will just simply give up and say, "Yes, she's not fully-qualifying one, but she is one."

Crap, I did forget about the family issues one.

Okay, I never said she got weaker. I never even mentioned that Takato became stronger. Or anything along that line other than Ruki at first considered herself better. Maybe I forgot to put the two words, "at first", in there, but... ugh.

MugenSeiRyuu;65819 said:
Sexism does not change facts.

And Jenrya does not qualify as a Lone Wolf at all.

I never said that I believe Jenrya qualifies as a Lone Wolf. I'm simply putting down the reason that the people who claims so uses. I'm not part of those people.

MugenSeiRyuu;65819 said:
In another thread we were searching for a term for the Person that keeps the group together. And the Goggleboy and Lone Wolf from beating up eachother. So we came up with Keeper. Basically what charcters like Jenrya and Sora do.

Okay, understood.

Johnzaloog;65820 said:
Hear Hear, if you HAD TO give 02 and Tamers Lone Wolves, then they'd be Ken and Ruki, but they really aren't quite there.

That's if I have to. I don't have to. So I just consider there is none.

Gah, I feel as if it was a mistake to post that in the first place. I knew I should've just shutted up and kept it to myself.

x.x I give up... too easily.

MugenSeiRyuu

Savers Girls Fanboy
megumi;65830 said:
I know that Tamers is different. That's why I said, I don't consider there is a Lone Wolf in Tamers. Tamers is more about complete teamwork, in my opinion. There isn't really any major disputes between tamers than in other series.

And I want to mention that I believe in the fact (more like opinion) that Takato is too timid for a fully qualifying goggleboy. I guess, Ruki is close enough for being a Lone Wolf, so I will just simply give up and say, "Yes, she's not fully-qualifying one, but she is one."

Crap, I did forget about the family issues one.

Like I said, Tamers is a bit different.

megumi;65830 said:
Okay, I never said she got weaker. I never even mentioned that Takato became stronger. Or anything along that line other than Ruki at first considered herself better. Maybe I forgot to put the two words, "at first", in there, but... ugh.

Never said you claimed that. But some people thnk so.

megumi;65830 said:
I never said that I believe Jenrya qualifies as a Lone Wolf. I'm simply putting down the reason that the people who claims so uses. I'm not part of those people.

Never said you were. That was a more general statement.

Role

Fanfic Writer & RPer
Returning Member
Realize that for tamers, the Goggleboy, Lone Wolf, and Keeper, are relative terms. Though they don't exactly fit, they're the closest things there is to it.