The Flow Wolf Deal

ChikoritaKaizer

Quality Check<br><span style="color: #1894fe;"><b>
The Flow Wolf Deal

I've been thinking of this story all day and finally took the time to write it. It's a far different plot line from what I usually wright, hope you like it!

Chapter 1 - The Myths

She walked down the familiar road from school, it was 2:40, ten minutes after she got out. She was about halfway home, some cars zipped by in the 45 mph street right next to her, the road next to her was one of the calmest main streets in her small town. When she glanced over to the left she saw the shrubbery from the gated community named Flowville Community, it was one of the oldest areas of her city, and the one with the most myths. Crazy myths about werewolves, and how they lived, her Grandmother seemingly knew all the myths. She of coarse did not believe any of that nonsense, her grandmother was always telling her stories of werewolves and how they were an integral part of their city's past.
convenient
Her stories told of how werewolves were the ones who ridded the area of the old tribesmen who used to live here and made the way for their ancestors to claim this land for themselves. She also told of how their family was the chosen family, and how every couple of generations one of their family members must become a werewolf to keep their end of the deal. For their family made a deal with the werewolves, were the werewolves would clear the land of the tribesmen, if they could make one of our family descendants a werewolf every couple generations. Her grandmother also told of how you could never know what person would be chosen to become a werewolf, although the decision had been made long ago when the deal was formed by the werewolves. The werewolves were said to appear sometime on the chosen person's 16th birthday and attack them with the binding bite, that made them become a werewolf.

Her Grandmother was never sure how one who was chosen to be a werewolf would go. So she did not know if they transformed into a werewolf only occasionally or if it was permanent and they could never revert to their human form again. She did say that it was an honor to be chosen to become a werewolf, that's why it was not said to be a curse like the people who did not reside in the town claimed.

"See you tomorrow Mariah!" A guy interrupted Mariah's thoughts as he zipped by on his skateboard.

"See you Lee." Mariah replied as she tried to re-gather her thoughts, but could not. Although she did not believe her grandmother, she liked to think about her crazy stories. Her grandmother had warned her that it was nearing her 16th birthday, but she just shrugged it off, because she didn't believe her.

If she can't even give a name as to who the last werewolf in our family was, then why should I believe her? She has no proof. Mariah began to say to herself as she thought of her grandmother's warning to her.

Mariah, it's nearing your 16th birthday, you must be prepared in case you are the one chosen to be a werewolf. Mariah recalled her grandmother telling her several days ago. As she thought about it now, it was only 2 days until her 16th birthday, that had never dawned upon her until now. She was finally going to be 16, she could drive a car now, and she could have a say in the family now. She remembered being told that she could not have a say in this matter, or that matter until she was 16. Now she would finally be able to say how she felt about things!

She was now nearing her home, she turned the corner onto Erew street. Then the large gate blocking off the street came into view, it was large enough to be about twice as tall as her, and she was about 5' 4", and the gate was wide enough cover the entire street and sidewalk. The Gate had a card reader for the special card that she was given, so that she could enter the Flowville community. Her house was on the far end of the community, so she had to go to the last gate to enter near her house. She felt different about going to her house today, she credited to her grandmother not being at her house, like she usually was on Wednesdays. She said that she had prior obligations on this Wednesday, although it was weird, she had never done that before.

After Mariah fed the card into the reader, the gate opened, she grabbed her card and entered through the gate before it closed. She could see her house, it was the forth one on the right, it had several tree saplings that were just planted last week by her mom, so there was fresh soil. The saplings were near the property line on the left side of the driveway, the rest of the yard was freshly mowed grass. The house was painted a very light purple color, although it looked like different shades of the color from different angles. It was a new type of paint when it was used a couple years ago, it gave the house a different look from the other houses on the street, for theirs was the only one that used that paint. The trim on the other hand was a regular white color, their house used the standard stucco like the rest of the houses.

Mariah then went up the driveway and into the front door, and into her house. She glanced at the gray carpeted living room, which was pretty bare, only having a dark blue sofa, two navy blue sitting chairs and a dark brown dining room table and six chairs of the same color surrounding it. Mariah then glanced at the stairwell which went upwards in a spiral.

"How was your day at school Mariah?" A woman asked from the living room.

"It was fine, nothing exciting happened, mom." Mariah answered as she walked over.

"Did anyone tell you where your grandmother went today?" Mariah's mom asked.

"No, I was never told, it was bugging me today." She answered.

"Well, she went out to some sort of meeting, although she didn't even tell me what it was about."

"That's weird, it's probably just some senior meeting that they're having."

"Maybe, although it could be... No, couldn't be that."

"Couldn't be what?"

"You'll learn when you're older."

My 16th birthday is only 2 days away and they still do that, she really will have to tell me in 2 days. It's just so frustrating right now. Mariah said to herself as she walked over to the stairwell and up to her room.

"I wonder what grandma is really doing right now, maybe I'll find out in two days. Or maybe I should just ask her when she is here next. Whatever it is, it's got to be very important for her to not come here on a Wednesday, that's the day that she promised that she would always be here on." Mariah thought aloud as she entered her room.