The Big DATS Get Together!

Dash

I Ireland
Staff member
Supreme Dictator
The Big DATS Get Together!

Hey guys! We admins aren't really all that evil deep inside (just Vande <3) and so we've been working on a PARTY here on DATS!

We're currently planning for it to be the first three days of June (Sunday, Monday, and Tuesday) and it's going to be a big gettogether here on the forums!

What does this mean?!

1) We're gonna plan a HUGE chain story that everyone will be able to participate in. Current plans involve something along the lines of "A day in the world of DATS" in which we'll pretend that DATS is a real place. ;) (Only rule is that Zelsius cannot be referred to as a person, only an omnipresent light)

2) A SPAM thread of the ultimate variety! Over the 3 days, we're going to aim to see 3,000 posts in it - that's 1,000 a day! But I do think that we can do it! :)

3) CONTESTS! Yes! Those with prizes! We're still thinking of a few, but here's a quick few ideas~
a) QuickDraw - The subject will be posted June 1st and the submission has to be in by the end of June 2nd!
b) QualityDraw - Same kinda idea, but the subject will be posted sometime mid-May, so you have time to plan and draw it out!
c) QuickFic - Same as the QuickDraw, where you have just 48 hours to create a fanfic!
d) QualityFic - Same as the QualityDraw, with a bit more time. ^_^
e) Captioning! Yep, kinda like the GRN Caption Me!, but with MORE! And I mean like... from all our shows and stuff! YEAH!
f) Karaoke! We'll be able to vote on who can sing the best <3
g) Trivia! We're working on coming up with a big list of DATS-related trivia, just for you guys to solve. ^_^;
h) AMVing! Yep, a favorite here at DATS~

4) Releases! Seriously, what could be better than a few releases from DATS? ;)

5) The unvieling of a new website! (Kinda like GRN and Wikimon are a part of DATS, this'll be a new one!)

6) AND MORE! But you'll have to wait and see!

As we head into May and our plans get more and more defined, we'll let you know more! But look forward to this huge party coming up in just over a month!

Magna

Sweet \o/
But why June? I have exams on the 2nd and 3rd ToT
Well, it's not like I study anyway XD

Hagaren Gao

Guess I'm fired now
Scipio;45828 said:
h) AMVing! Yep, a favorite here at DATS~

\o/

Heh, if it wasn't a month away, I'd release my newest creation at the party...but I don't wanna wait that long so How about a week or two? ;p

Anyway, this sounds like it'll be pretty cool! I'll probablly try and do the quick/quality draw thingamajigs (There needs to be more Liar Game fanart, hint hint!). I can only imagine what you huys have planned for AMVs though (Quick AMV/Quality AMV? lol)

megumi

SPAM BOT
Staff member
WARNING WARNING
Awsome, I'll be out of school by then. I'll probably try a contest or two.

Echo

Universal Spam Machine
Awesome! But exams start that Monday for me too DX
Ah well, maybe I'll just have a go at the long-term contests before panic (and consequent study) sets in. Sounds like good fun though.

Trivial

I will have my birthday on June 3, but i may could not attend the party
I have a bunch of tests that needs to be taken care of

Trivial

He, Karaoke? Is that a new addition?
Didn't read that
Can't wait for that, but i'm suck and my voice is a deaf-tone on singing