Taichi's parents

celestial_sacred

Taichi's parents

Any idea what are Taichi's parents' names? I got this picture but there isn't hiragana so I couldn't read the kanji. XD

Yagamiparents2.jpg

If I'm not mistaken, Taichi's father is Yagami Shin or could it be Susumu?

onkeikun

私語が多いって言われるよ。でもそんなの 関係ねぇ
In case you didn't know, most of the parents usually have first names that are the same as their seiyuu. Since Taichi's mom is voiced by Mizutani Yuko, her name is Yuko.... Chiba Susumu did Taichi's dad's voice, so his name is Susumu.

SSJ Jup81

Official Link Fanglomper
I knew that they were his parents names, but I didn' tknow of the parents having the same given names of the seiyuu voicing them. That's pretty cool. I also didn't know that Mizutani Yuuko voiced her. I learned something new!! ^_^

onkeikun

私語が多いって言われるよ。でもそんなの 関係ねぇ
SSJ Jup81;3028 said:
I knew that they were his parents names, but I didn' tknow of the parents having the same given names of the seiyuu voicing them. That's pretty cool. I also didn't know that Mizutani Yuuko voiced her. I learned something new!! ^_^

It's only sometimes, though. xD; For instance, Mimi's father is named Keisuke, but he's voiced by Sakurai Takahiro.... and sadly, I'm not familiar with the seiyuu of other parents to be sure if this really holds.

I do know that one other parent with the connection is Yamato's dad Hiroaki, named after Hirata Hiroaki. And there's also Koushiro's dad named after his seiyuu, Kikuchi Masami.

celestial_sacred

Haha! I wonder if Taichi's parents were actually "changed", 'cause in the 1st movie, Susumu seemed fatter and didn't look like a very good father and Yuuko wasn't "blur" and looked much older.

Any idea about Mimi's mother then?

onkeikun

私語が多いって言われるよ。でもそんなの 関係ねぇ
Well, the first movie was made before the Adventure plotline was really set up... I read from the director's notes (Hosoda Mamoru) in the first movie that it was originally just meant to be a short movie and nothing else. But somewhere in the middle of producing it, a TV series was decided as well, and history was made. So, whatever differences you see are because they had no real setting on what kind of characters they wanted the parents to be in the series. You can say that everything was pulled along into the TV series -- they made it up as they went (which is probably where the unoriginality (or is it originality?) of the parents' names came from xD). By the time the second movie (Bokura no War Game) was made, they already knew what Taichi's mother's personality was like so there was no difference. xD

Mimi's mother's name is Satoe but... I don't know who her seiyuu is. D:

SSJ Jup81

Official Link Fanglomper
onkeikun;3122 said:
It's only sometimes, though. xD; For instance, Mimi's father is named Keisuke, but he's voiced by Sakurai Takahiro.... and sadly, I'm not familiar with the seiyuu of other parents to be sure if this really holds.
Wow, didn't know that Sakurai Takahiro voiced him. Funny how I'm learning even more now. I like this extra info. Oh, didn't Sakurai Takahiro voice Tentomon? If so, then I can get fangirlish and use that as a lame Koushirou x Mimi connection. lol
I do know that one other parent with the connection is Yamato's dad Hiroaki, named after Hirata Hiroaki. And there's also Koushiro's dad named after his seiyuu, Kikuchi Masami.
I didn't know Hirata Hiroaki voiced Yamato's father, but knew that Ishida's given name was Hiroaki, and same with Koushirou's father. So Kikuchi Masami voiced him. This is just too cool!
onkeikun;3125 said:
Mimi's mother's name is Satoe but... I don't know who her seiyuu is. D:
You know, I always did like Mimi's mother's name. I just always found the name "Satoe" pretty.

The other parents names I don't remember too well, aside from...

Yagami Susumu
Yagami Yuuko

Ishida Hiroaki
Takaishi Natsuko

Izumi Masami
Izumi Yoshie

Tachikawa Keisuke
Tachikawa Satoe

And some others I don't have the time to write out now. Either way, still interesting.

onkeikun

私語が多いって言われるよ。でもそんなの 関係ねぇ
SSJ Jup81;3131 said:
Wow, didn't know that Sakurai Takahiro voiced him. Funny how I'm learning even more now. I like this extra info. Oh, didn't Sakurai Takahiro voice Tentomon? If so, then I can get fangirlish and use that as a lame Koushirou x Mimi connection.

Yes, he voiced Tentomon. He also voiced a few enemy Digimon (like Gazimon) and the bleached-hair guy that was Sora's cousin in the dub. xD After listening to 'famous' seiyuu for so long, you learn to discriminate them so easily. xD;;;

I've looked up character and seiyuu, and wrote connections where I could find them:
Takaishi Natsuko - Sakamoto Chika (Agumon's voice)
The latter part of Chika-san's first name has the kanji "summer" (natsu) which may have influenced Natsuko's name.

Takenouchi Toshiko - Fujita Toshiko (Taichi's voice)
[Sora's voice as Taichi's mom and Taichi's voice as Sora's mom... what is this Freudian-ity?]

Izumi Yoshie - Araki Kae (Hikari's voice)

Tachikawa Satoe - Tokumitsu Yuka (Tailmon's voice)
The entire Tachikawa family is an exception. xD

GordoBaggins

It's the naming Diego "Derek", after his VA, Derek Stephen Prince. xD weird. I always tend to ignore parent names in Digimon though, as I seem to mix up Japanese names with ease.

celestial_sacred

onkeikun;3187 said:
Takenouchi Toshiko - Fujita Toshiko (Taichi's voice)
[Sora's voice as Taichi's mom and Taichi's voice as Sora's mom... what is this Freudian-ity?]

Haha! If both their mothers are talking to each other, it's the same as Taichi talking to Sora.. >_<" Sorta.

That's rather unfair for Tokumitsu Yuka since she doesn't get her name on Mimi's mother. :confused: Maybe she didn't want it. XD

The Analyzer

digipinky75910;3872 said:
Wow. Neat stuff. Would you mind being able to tell me the names of Kouji and Kouichi's parents plz?

I don't know their voice actors, but Kouji's father's name is Kousei and his stepmother is Satomi. Kouji and Kouichi's birth mother is Tomoko.

digipinky75910

The Analyzer;3893 said:
I don't know their voice actors, but Kouji's father's name is Kousei and his stepmother is Satomi. Kouji and Kouichi's birth mother is Tomoko.

Was this revealed in the original?