Super Smash Brothers BRAWL, baby!!! (Spoilers?)

Hagaren Gao

Guess I'm fired now
Super Smash Brothers BRAWL, baby!!! (Spoilers?)

I'm gonna assume that someone else has gotten this game by now. So feel free to discuss, eh?

I've gotten it, and I love it. Unlocked everyone but Toon Link and Jigglypuff so far. Brawl itself is fun, but I really can't reccomend the Subspace Army thingamajig. It has some great cutscneses and a good amount of them, and it seems to be the best way to unlock characters, but it can feel like SUCH a chore, especially the last stretch. It's freaking annoying, which is sad, because there was such a buildup to it. All well, I never have to play it again.

Pokemon Trainer/Fox/Wolf/Lucario/Falco is the best character! =D

Emi-hime

<span style="color: deeppink;"><strong>#1 Subaru ♥
I love the game =D It's awesome. I'm stuck in the maze of SE at the moment so bleh XP Once I get through with it, I'll finish getting people unlocked. I have most of the stages unlocked though at least.

Kaitou_Yahiko

*Poke*
Staff member
That Girl With the Hair
To finish the stupid maze you have to beat all the bosses...Or maybe their mini bosses. After that you go into that weird room the had all the characters in it. The big Purple one.

Anyway I like Pit, Pikachu, and Lucario. I sometimes play as Lucas and Sonic though. It's an awesome game and I love it. Does anyone want to play WiFi. (Hope I can ask this) If you do I'll send you my friend code.

Johnzaloog

DATS Yu-Gi-Oh! Official
You're all so lucky, it'll probably be July/August for us brits. I WANT IT NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW!!!!

Gaomon

Yes, Master!
We got the game on Saturday night. Game Stop started selling them a couple of hours early. :)

I unlocked every character as of yesterday when I nabbed Puff and Wolf. Omg Lucario freaking rocks. Lots of the characters do. I never thought I'd get to do a smash battle as Squirtle. That is awesome.

The SSE was really fun for the first half, but that last stretch was a pain in the ass. The "Great Maze" was just a rehashing of the whole game turned twice as repetitive and confusing. I spent 3 hours going in useless circles trying to find the last boss battles. Not so much fun.

But everything else? I'm still stoked. The addition of final smashes has made the game even more fun than before. And the graphics are awesome. And LUCARIO.

I'm a loser.

Kaitou_Yahiko

*Poke*
Staff member
That Girl With the Hair
Johnzaloog;34591 said:
You're all so lucky, it'll probably be July/August for us brits. I WANT IT NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW!!!!

I bet you could find it on ebay. Just make sure it ships out of the US.

I unlocked every character as of yesterday when I nabbed Puff and Wolf.

How do you get them? I knew you could but I didn't know how. (Didn't buy the guide with it)

I keep editing this... Anyway does anyone know how to get pictures from Brawl onto my computer. I've taken screen shots and put them on an SD card but when I put it in the computer they are .bin files. I cant open those. Anyone know how to make them a .jpeg or somthing?

Kazemon15

AMV Freak
Hey, maybe we should make a friend code list so we can battle each other. XD Anyone seeing a blue winged Pit, that would be me. =3

Matze149

Assistant Pig-Keeper
Staff member
give me a bit time to think of a text
I would love to play SSBB (Kirby´s my Favorite =3) but I don´t have a Wii rightnow... -.-

Hagaren Gao

Guess I'm fired now
I *still* don't have wifi. We can't get the stupid router to work, mom doens't have much time to mess with it, and I'd probablly break it if I touched it. As much as I'd love to play online... :<

Gaomon;34594 said:
I unlocked every character as of yesterday when I nabbed Puff and Wolf. Omg Lucario freaking rocks. Lots of the characters do. I never thought I'd get to do a smash battle as Squirtle. That is awesome.
Squirtle is just awesome! I spent a lot of my time as Pokemon Trainer with Squirtle. He's the fastest of the bunch (Of Poke's), so he got me places. Kicks butt for a little turtle too. Although Charizard's rock smash works wonders on boss battles. Just abuse it and you win in about a minute ;p Pity that Charizard's shiny version wasn't an alternate costume. Black Charizard would have owned.

But everything else? I'm still stoked. The addition of final smashes has made the game even more fun than before. And the graphics are awesome. And LUCARIO.

I'm a loser.

The Final Smashes and The Kirby Starship thing (Dragoon?) are pretty fun. They add a whole new element of excitement to the game, everyone is rushing to get the items first, knocking the snot out of each other to get 'em back...it's a rush. Unless you are Ike and are fighting Sonic or Pikachu, then they ALWAYS get it >_>

I haven't (surprisingly) played Lucario in an actual Brawl yet, only in the Subspace Emisionary (sp?), so I don't know how well he plays yet. Probablly toy around with him today if I have the time. On the other hand, I've actually figured out how to work Ike effectively. Was able to hold my own against the much-faster Fox and Falco characters (Only to goof and jump off the stage with his stupid Aether).

Adventure mode seems to be most fun eiher when you are playing multi player or the bit where almost every level you unlocked a character (Or in my case, when you were Pokemon Trainer). Otherwise, I didn't enjoy myself too much. Speaking of, anyone know how to get Jiggly and Toon Link in the SSE?

On a completely random note, I think Falco is actually worth playing in this game, since he isn't just a Fox clone anymore. Has his own style completely. Has anyone else noticed that his Forward Taunt is glitched? His voice screws up in my copy.

And don't wory Gaomon, you are among losers =D *gets shot*

Gaomon

Yes, Master!
One of my favorite things about Lucario is that as his damage goes up, the power and range of his attacks get stronger. A smashed up Luc is a dangerous Luc. He's not as fast as Fox, but he's not so slow that I can't bear to make him attempt at running. And his moves, once you get the hang of them, are lots of fun.

Kaitou, go to youtube and type in "brawl unlock wolf" or "brawl unlock Jigglypuff" or something similar to that. A video guide is very helpful. Jiggs is in the Swamp level and Wolf is somewhere in the ruins, both are inside red doors that weren't there before you beat the SSE.

I don't have wifi in my apartment either. :( I can't afford a router yet. I should save up for one. Saving up for the wii has already set me back!

Kaitou_Yahiko

*Poke*
Staff member
That Girl With the Hair
Kazemon15;34641 said:
Hey, maybe we should make a friend code list so we can battle each other. XD Anyone seeing a blue winged Pit, that would be me. =3

I play as a blue winged Pit too. I also play as Pikachu with goggles.

Hagaren Gao

Guess I'm fired now
Hmm. Looks like the various guides on Gamestop lied to me. I completed Classic mode with Wolf so I could get his trophy, and suddenly was confronted by Toon Link, who was supposedly only supposed to appear if you beat Classic with Link. Then Jigglypuff didn't appear after I cleared the event I was supposed to. Alrighty then. *Youtubes Jiggly*

For the record, I finally started really playing with Wolf. He's freaking amazing! His attacks are quick and very powerfull, you can keep juggling oppenents for a good while before you even get damage, even on Hard mode. It can be borderline cheating. Well worth the time spent unlocking him though.

Kaitou_Yahiko

*Poke*
Staff member
That Girl With the Hair
I don't have wolf yet. I plan to get him though because wolves are awesome. (totally the only reason)

Zelsius

<b>Egosexual</b>
Kaitou_Yahiko;34613 said:
I bet you could find it on ebay. Just make sure it ships out of the US.
Importing games is not the problem. The Wii has a region code, so US games don't play on European consoles.

Waiting for a Wii FreeLoader...

hwarangoo

Journalists
Well they made one I just dont know if its out yet...
And Jigglypuff is the first character you get if you just play the damn versus mode.
Are you people telling me that the SE is only used to easily collect all characters?

Emi-hime

Kaitou_Yahiko;34564 said:
To finish the stupid maze you have to beat all the bosses...Or maybe their mini bosses. After that you go into that weird room the had all the characters in it. The big Purple one.

Anyway I like Pit, Pikachu, and Lucario. I sometimes play as Lucas and Sonic though. It's an awesome game and I love it. Does anyone want to play WiFi. (Hope I can ask this) If you do I'll send you my friend code.

I knew what I had to do, I just couldn't find the next door I had to go through to finish fighting people XD Turns out an area I went through suddenly brought me somewhere else when I went back on through so now I have all characters and stages done.

My top characters are:
Kirby
Jigglypuff
Peach/Pikachu

=D Though, I also like the Pokemon Trainer and Meta Knight...

Lecros - I played SE for the story and it's actually not the "easiest". When I finished, I could've definitely unlocked everybody faster by doing something else. I did do it because of convenience though (I could unlock people, get SE done, get special trophies, unlock other modes, etc. all at once).

Edit: And yeah, lots of guides seem screwed up. I'd do what I supposably needed to in order to get a character and nothing, so I figured with SE, I wouldn't have to worry so much.

And Ganondorf is kind of fun to use with harder modes. I don't like using him, but one kick from him can send an enemy right off the screen (I've sent lPit for example from one end to the other in Zelda's castle stage from Melee) and he's very hard to knock off.

Edit 2: Oh, and I have WiFi. However, random battles seem to be dead (I can connect to WiFi fine, but when I try to battle randomly, I get an error code), so I'm not sure if friend ones will work any better... My friend code, nonetheless: 4940-5096-0524. And my Wii code for those curious: 2275 9197 2602 2533

Emi-hime

Well, the SSE things everybody has been saying have been correct thankfully. It could just be they changed some stuff while translating but who knows.