>< stupid SPAM...

faqcorner

&gt;&lt; stupid SPAM...

I hate spam...

ok...like in my class's forum (I was admin of it....) some ---- idiots started spamming and flaming and trolling, etc. and some even used excessive swears (like...14 in each post or so? + like 4 or 5 more in the sig)

I banned that swearing person, and everyone else thought that I was frickin banning EVERYONE going offtopic so they got pissy at my.

At the same time they were complaining that they couldn't post about GENERAL topics on a SCHOOL website (the other classes made it like only school stuff too..like I did....)

Eventually only the spammers were left and kept spamming and flaming me (w/ explict comments...) then the School BLOCKED the SCHOOL CLASS SITE....

It got unblocked but still, that's why that other idiot guy making all of it from scratch is working on the class site, and not me...

OH

and I hate the Email SPAM (like 100 per DAY...)...the webmasters would know what I mean by the Catch-all email as your normal email....+ with a whole lota spam comming to different variations of emails at the same site as you (meaning all of those go to you...)

><

faqcorner

pawitp;11822 said:
Drop your catch-all and install a spam filter :)

there is a spam filter.... Spam assassin, though all it does is put [SPAM] in the front of it with some information and TXT'ed the email, but that's all...

I need the catch all for regular circumstances however....(and since mine is PostMaster kind of account....)

faqcorner

unfortunately it also thinks some actual of my emails that I should have seen was marked as spam.....so that wouldn't be much of a good idea....*sigh*

faqcorner

Vande;11832 said:
gmail = <3 spam filters

meh

I'm using Thunderbird

+ smart SPAM filters

meaning I have both of those on, it's kind of scary...like only about 1/100 of the spam actually goes through....

pawitp

Tech Admin
Staff member
For each 2000 spams I got, only 1 actually gone through - that's on gmail.

faqcorner

pawitp;11842 said:
For each 2000 spams I got, only 1 actually gone through - that's on gmail.

meh but I can't access my site's email from gmail, so I can't really do that either way :(

faqcorner

pawitp;11844 said:
Ever heard of Google App?

kind of, though I'm getting lazier to check google....

the only reason I use google is to surf websites not apps or anything *sigh*

meh

and I already installed a whole hell load of anime to sort through + convert to mp4 for my ipod, etc....