Star Force Dub

DtD

[Z?]
Star Force Dub

I just watched the first episode of "StarForce"....the voice acting was okay...theme song was terrible.

But what was up with them playing like the same scene over?

GSR

That one guy
I noticed that too. =/

Voice acting was pretty bad in my opinion. I skipped the theme song.

Skr

Ishvalastrator
Staff member
I actually think the voices are very decent... I expected worse ;3

The opening is the same video as the japanese opening, just textless and such and of course the logo changed to the english one... but the music is some instrumental stuff

The english logo is good too, it wasn't completely changed...

Also, it seemed like they are combining episodes, so yeah ;3

Kaeri

Title for Rent
DtD;6045 said:
I just watched the first episode of "StarForce"....the voice acting was okay...theme song was terrible.

But what was up with them playing like the same scene over?

The opening was to be similar to the Japanese opening, in the fact that they mention the Satellites, the Wave Viruses, and introduce the FM communication breakdown that leads to the beginning of the show's story. Much like in Japan they have the same "less than a minute" clip talking about the Satellites and what I mentioned above; they just used "Geo's" dad to introduce it all. And that meant that they didn't have to use the 'Wave-Road" girl in the skimpy outfit in every show,

And yea, you'll have to remember that those breaks are most likely commercial breaks that'll be used.

The opening music wasn't horrible...it could have been much worse, believe me. And they actually brightened up the intro opening, which looked a bit odd, but not out of the ordinary.

*Will continue later, have to go do somehting for work*

DtD

[Z?]
Psyren;6137 said:
The opening was to be similar to the Japanese opening, in the fact that they mention the Satellites, the Wave Viruses, and introduce the FM communication breakdown that leads to the beginning of the show's story. Much like in Japan they have the same "less than a minute" clip talking about the Satellites and what I mentioned above; they just used "Geo's" dad to introduce it all. And that meant that they didn't have to use the 'Wave-Road" girl in the skimpy outfit in every show,

And yea, you'll have to remember that those breaks are most likely commercial breaks that'll be used.

The opening music wasn't horrible...it could have been much worse, believe me. And they actually brightened up the intro opening, which looked a bit odd, but not out of the ordinary.

*Will continue later, have to go do somehting for work*

My problem is they looped the same scene twice >_>

Shadowmaverick

I don't have a problem with the dubbed voices so far. I haven't heard War-Rock's voice yet. The two main problems I have is they took out the opening music like in the Battle Network anime. Second is the NAME CHANGES, from Subaru Hoshikawa to "Geo Stelar", WTF was some high, it sounds like some 60's Hippy name! Omega-Xis isn't too bad but why change it, honestly.

Skr

Ishvalastrator
Staff member
Get over the names >>; they make since... Every single name in RnR sub is almost a pun or some meaning to it. If you knew japanese you would notice it >>; So to keep it basically the same, they made it into english >>; Of course they wouldn't keep the japanese names... this is a "kiddy" show you know >>;

Honza_N

I must addmit, I liked it better if they let woman voiced Geo and Zack. Their dub voices are too old to my taste now. But other then that, I have no complaits towards VAs. Their acting is good and they fit to the character. The dub script is also pretty good and close to the original, which I allways welcomed in dub. I have no complaints toward Opening too, even though I liked it better if they have lyrical song instead of instrumental one. And, even though they changed background music, tehy respect original BGM tempo and the dub BGM fit to the scene just like original do. All in all, for childern show, this is really decent dub.
DtD;6152 said:
My problem is they looped the same scene twice >_>
Well, this is in original too. The difference though is, the first is at the end of episode 1, and they repeat it in episode 2. I don't know why they didn't cut the first scene away, but I don't think it matters too much, since there will be commercial break in TV;)

DtD

[Z?]
Honza_N;6198 said:
I must addmit, I liked it better if they let woman voiced Geo and Zack. Their dub voices are too old to my taste now. But other then that, I have no complaits towards VAs. Their acting is good and they fit to the character. The dub script is also pretty good and close to the original, which I allways welcomed in dub. I have no complaints toward Opening too, even though I liked it better if they have lyrical song instead of instrumental one. And, even though they changed background music, tehy respect original BGM tempo and the dub BGM fit to the scene just like original do. All in all, for childern show, this is really decent dub.

Well, this is in original too. The difference though is, the first is at the end of episode 1, and they repeat it in episode 2. I don't know why they didn't cut the first scene away, but I don't think it matters too much, since there will be commercial break in TV;)

...I have all 14 RnR episodes DATS has subbed (is 15 out?), and I watched 1 again yesterday.

I'm talking about Daigo Stellar making contact with the FMs twice >_<

Honza_N

DtD;6199 said:
...(is 15 out?)
Not only 15 but 16 too;)

DtD;6199 said:
I'm talking about Daigo Stellar making contact with the FMs twice >_<

Oh, this scene you meant? Why you didn't wrote it straight? Okay. Its some sort of explanation about whats going in this world. I must admit I found it strange too, they put those scenes into this explanation. It didn't make sense, I must admit.

DtD

[Z?]
Honza_N;6206 said:
Not only 15 but 16 too;)

Oh, this scene you meant? Why you didn't wrote it straight? Okay. Its some sort of explanation about whats going in this world. I must admit I found it strange too, they put those scenes into this explanation. It didn't make sense, I must admit.

Tehe, I can word things strange when I write them in less than 30 seconds xD

TuxRug

Retired
I think the dubbed opening song is terrible! At least it wasn't "4-kids-ified". They do even worse with their theme songs.
The voices are better than I expected, but they freak me out a bit because Geo sounds quite a bit too old, and Buddy's voice is much higher than I expected. Perhaps they should have swapped those two voices. At least they aren't monotonous or overactive like many other anime dubs.
What ticks me off however, is the total screw-up of the show's layout. Can you say "Broken Record"?

Null_Signature

Need more sleep...
Now for the important questions... why did nobody state their source (i found it on toonami jetstream) and will you keep goin with the subs (please dont say no) personally, I think your subs are better then their dubs. But... then again, most big buisnesses change things around when its fine the way it is so meh... oh, sorry. My conscious is tellin me to shut up now...

Zelsius

<b>Egosexual</b>
Changed the thread title from "Wtf?"

I just skipped through the first three posts to get a general idea what this is about, so should the new title not fit the content, please PM me.

Duce

Did anyone else watch this on Toonami on tv today?

I did, it was like 2 hours long. and I think alot of things was skiped, like Misora eps, and it ended right in the middle of a battle with gemini spark.

Skr

Ishvalastrator
Staff member
Yeah, they did skip alot... If they would have keep the episodes the same, they would have been around episode 8 of the subbed. But now, they are around episode 16 of the dub, because all the episodes they skipped >>;