Some people...

Ryuuk

Shinigami
Some people...

I work at a comic book store that also sells trading cards. Yesterday I was working behind the counter by the cards and some kids bought some of the new DP cards that resently came out. In this new set there are Pokemon that are Level X and the customers called them "X Pokemon" so I said "if that isn't coping Digimon I don't know is" and we got into the whole which is better arguement, I said Digimon and they said Pokemon.

One of their arguements was that Digimon is worse because its over, I thought that was really funny.

So, yeah, X Pokemon, what's up with that...

Skr

Ishvalastrator
Staff member
Yeah, I've heard some people talking about these... Not sure really what they are though... I'm looking for some examples =O

3e8d_1_b.JPG
8182_1_b.JPG
3e2a_1_b.JPG

------------Empoleon-------------------------Infernape----------------------------Torterra-----------

Royal_Knight

Gallantmon
It's just a new gimmick to keep kids buying. They had someing similar in the last series. I think they we EX pokemon cards. Anywho, thoes aren't in the show or Magna so. Or game.

Johnzaloog

DATS Yu-Gi-Oh! Official
Yeah, I've seen a few tourneys but not too many people are still into it. Yu-Gi-Oh! and Magic are much bigger.

Ryuuk

Shinigami
We have weekly events for Pokemon on Sundays it gets more than any one Magic event, although the average age is about half of Magic's.

However the special Magic events do get more and those are the ones where you get outsiders coming in unlike the weekly tournies.

Pokemon cards are really popular still we get a lot of people buying them.

I know that it isn't in any of the other media forms its just that I thought it was something worth ranting about since Pokefans always complain about Digimon copying Pokemon (even if it is the other way around) and they have "X Pokemon" now.

celestial_sacred

That's pathetic......!!! I'm VERY VERY SURE that X Digimon came before those crap Pokemon Level X or whatsoever it is. X Pokemon is a rip-off of X Digimon!!! Sorry. I can't hold onto my feelings after reading this. My impression on Pokemon has gone way down the drain.

Devkyu

Wha...?
I still play the pokemon card game frequently. Before Lv. X, there were EX pokemon, which were basically cards that were uber powerful, but had more weaknesses and you would take more prize cards for defeating them... so now there are Level. X pokemon (since a pokemon's level is on each card), and instead of evolving straight to that card, you can "level up" your pokemon to that card.

There's nothing different about the pokemon whatsoever, other than being a "higher level" and thus capable of more damage... plus bragging rights that you got a super shiny card.

MugenSeiRyuu

Savers Girls Fanboy
Hehe, just thought of Pokemon Franchise doing X-Evolutions.

98 % of all Pokemon have been killed, and Arceus sends Mewtwo to get rid of the survivors.

Akira

People
I can't really see Mewtwo doing that, he is too much of a loner and wasn't even made by a God.

If they put in something like Ho-oh you could really have the movie.

GordoBaggins

X Pokemon seem like a different concept than X Digimon. And X is a "common variable for coolness and marketability" anyway, so they're safe from the blame. It's almost like saying X Digimon copied the X-Men or something (although the latter isn't a monster anime cartoon... I'll shut up now <.<)

Gawd, I love Infernape, though... [/offtopic]

Royal_Knight

Gallantmon
MugenSeiRyuu;304 said:
Hehe, just thought of Pokemon Franchise doing X-Evolutions.

98 % of all Pokemon have been killed, and Arceus sends Mewtwo to get rid of the survivors.

LOL.

the cardgame of pokemon is really confusing, do they really need something else to confuse the children?

Silver

Royal_Knight;380 said:
LOL.

the cardgame of pokemon is really confusing, do they really need something else to confuse the children?

Of course.

How else would we screw with their minds?

Ryuuk

Shinigami
Royal_Knight;380 said:
LOL.

funny story

there are several kids who play the pokemon TCG and the one day I was working that shift (my boss gave me his so he could go see Spiderman 3) this woman came in with her 4 year old.

There were these 8 year olds trying to teach them how to play the game and the 4 year old totally got it while his mother had to take some Advil (liturally) for the headache it gave her and she never fully understood the game. I was laughing on the inside the whole time. It was great.

celestial_sacred

Devkyu;251 said:
I still play the pokemon card game frequently. Before Lv. X, there were EX pokemon, which were basically cards that were uber powerful, but had more weaknesses and you would take more prize cards for defeating them... so now there are Level. X pokemon (since a pokemon's level is on each card), and instead of evolving straight to that card, you can "level up" your pokemon to that card.

There's nothing different about the pokemon whatsoever, other than being a "higher level" and thus capable of more damage... plus bragging rights that you got a super shiny card.

Level up. Well, sounds like getting an X-Antibody to me. Haha. No offense :]