Shonen Jump Savers Ad

Devkyu

Wha...?
Shonen Jump Savers Ad

Flipping through the us Shonen Jump October issue, I found an advertisement for the Savers games. Also, apparently Sunburst and Moonlight come with STICKERS.

Click!

MugenSeiRyuu

Savers Girls Fanboy
The Sticker thing is not that new. Still nice Add, expect for

"BECOME A TRUE DIGIMON MASTER TODAY !"

That Slogan just sucks and makes it look like some Pokemon-Ripoff. ( I´m not dissing Pokemon here )

Devkyu

Wha...?
MugenSeiRyuu;9216 said:
"BECOME A TRUE DIGIMON MASTER TODAY !"

That Slogan just sucks and makes it look like some Pokemon-Ripoff. ( I´m not dissing Pokemon here )

Tell me about it. Now I'll have to deal with little kids coming up to me going "DIGIMON SUCKS CUZ IT TRIEZ TO BE POKEYMANZ"

It'll be just as bad as random kids I don't even know calling me a Narutard in public for having a friggin keychain.

MugenSeiRyuu

Savers Girls Fanboy
Devkyu;9242 said:
Tell me about it. Now I'll have to deal with little kids coming up to me going "DIGIMON SUCKS CUZ IT TRIEZ TO BE POKEYMANZ"

LOL ! Yes, like that. That was already before, but the "Digimon Master" Stuff makes it worse.

Well, atleast they don´t say that the Story is not about some Kid who wants to be a Digimon Master and travels with his Chuumon.

Devkyu;9242 said:
It'll be just as bad as random kids I don't even know calling me a Narutard in public for having a friggin keychain.

Ouch.

wyyc

The only reason I can think of to explain this idiocy is that the fools at Bandai are trying to make Digimon more similar to Pokemon so kids can relate to Digimon better and be enticed to buy it. Dream on, idiots.

Really, Bandai needs lessons in marketing, instead of trying to ride on Pokemon's popularity to sell their product. The game has plenty of its own good merits, sell THAT!

/end rant

Royal_Knight

Gallantmon
i hate the digi world games now that thery're all "catch em all". i wish they'ed make the digimon evolve "right" like an augumon w/ red hand wear that evolves to Geogrey, rizegrey, and shinegrey, in stead of numemon

MugenSeiRyuu

Savers Girls Fanboy
None of those three Games is a Digimon World Game in Japan. They are also not about Catching, but raising. You can´t even catch Digimon in those Games.

And there are no "right" Evolutions, like you would call it. Digimon has always been and will always be that way.

Tcatomon

Boom de yada boom de yada
*looks over the ad with mixed emotions* ... Though a DS version is tempting <_<

Ok, admitedly I've never played any of the other Digimon games, but "raising, battling, and training over 350 Digimon"... I instantly thought of Monster Rancher. Though Pokemon came in a quick second. o_o Bwuh?