Seriously, WTF?

Dash

I Ireland
Staff member
Supreme Dictator
Seriously, WTF?

I just spent ~half an hour doing one of those idiotic online applications, and then I get this:
Congratulations! You have now successfully finished the first step in the Holiday Stationstores interview process. Please seek out a member of management to let them know that you have finished the process. If a manager is unavailable to meet with you immediately, someone may contact you to schedule an interview. Thank you for your interest in employment with Holiday Stationstores.
SRSLY, WTF? I have to go in?! Would it kill the manager to just call me if s/he liked my stuff? <_>

Vande

Evil Incarnate?
It's to show that you are serious about going for the job (you jump through their hoops like a puppy in training)

It's dumb yes.

Emi-hime

<span style="color: deeppink;"><strong>#1 Subaru ♥
That is beyond dumb x___x so messed up.

Edit: I'm Japanese-titled now. Woo. XD

Tcatomon

Boom de yada boom de yada
Wait until you have to do paperwork for unemployment. lol.

Honestly you want to bug them about it as much as possible. Emails and online applications tend to get lost. My last job I called after a week of not hearing anything only to find out they hadn't gotten my email and I had to go in anyway to put in an application.

Futamaru

A Translator, Not So Diligent...
Staff member
I have never gone through the process of online job application but my friend did. Yet they requested him to either walk-in or do phone-call interview. Maybe they want to see how you respond to problems and things like that. At least the want to listen to your voice.

After all, internet is too anonymous. Who knows that you might send prank mail to them. Imagine that if 100 of these applications don't turn out to work, and you are the boss of the company. As a leader of a fansub group you should understand the taste when your staff keep delaying work or just missing in action...

Emalthya

Fangirl of Doom
Sounds harsh- I didn't have that much troule with my job- then again I'm in Australia. It's probably different. I did have to do an interview but only after they god this... gruelling... hour and a half test they made me do. Hell, I tell you.

WHO CARES IF NANCY ATE THREE OF HER SIX APPLES? GO ON A DIET!

*hiccouphs*