Ryuusei Game/Anime Inconsistencies

PrimoPiccolo

After 100 Million Nights... I'm back!
Ryuusei Game/Anime Inconsistencies

Since tricky77puzzle was asking in the wrong thread, and I know I'll never think of everything off the top of my head, let's compile a list of MAJOR story elements that are inconsistent between the Ryuusei games and the anime. It would take forever to mention everything, like the difference in origin stories, so only stick to stuff that really matters. For example, War-Rock attacking the space station in the anime and being the prison guard in the game doesn't really matter, since both culminate in War-Rock saving the crew by turning them into radio waves.

- In the anime, Rockman can't actually go inside of electronic devices
- The game only has Transers, no Wave Scanners
- In the anime, War-Rock's told he's AM-ian. In the game, he always knew.
- In the game, Tsukasa has a split personality, which is why he's perfect for Gemini
- In the anime, Luna lends Ophiuchus her body so she can be with Rockman. In the game, it's to help her gain independence from her parents.
- In the game, there is no Andromeda Key

Emi-hime

<span style="color: deeppink;"><strong>#1 Subaru ♥
Hmm... *thinks* You kind of already took some of my main points, not to mention one of the reasons why I had trouble watching the anime XD Though, I'd like to point out that this old topic has a few things in it too. ^_^

One thing I can really think of is the significance of the brother band being really cut down. It was only mentioned in the last few episodes, Subaru never really made any "brothers", and he wasn't helped as much through them. It was almost like the Brother band was just something his father was doing for himself and his workers rather than everyone in a way.

Oh, and Gemini killing his other half...and every other FMian. He did kill Ophiuchus in a way, but that's about it.

Another thing was that Subaru needed his friends (*coughlikeLunacough*, rather than just himself) in several situations that helped him "find his power". For example, the power of the Star Force...I believe he just turned that on immediately. And for berserk sword, once again, he just did it himself (or I guess when War Rock was in trouble if you want to put it like that), which once again adds to the cut-down brother band thing.

Only other things I can think of is I believe everybody knew Subaru is Rockman in the end of the game? I might've understood the end differently though and the fact that Utagai only had to be defeated once as Cygnus in the plot, not twice with this big overwhelming storyline.

Emi-hime

Yeah. Though, the Andromeda key wasn't repaired and had to be gotten a second time... Plus, Cepheus brought out Andromeda, not Gemini,

AoBfrost

Mii-Chan's #1 fan!
The whole gang up on war-rock and stealing the key never happened in game...or did it? I dont remember.

And the whole snake exhibit never happened when luna found out subaru was rockman, in the anime she finds out from seeing rockman fall 500 feet and hitting the ground then transforming back to subaru....then she FAINTS.

Emi-hime

AoBfrost;50526 said:
The whole gang up on war-rock and stealing the key never happened in game...or did it? I dont remember.

And the whole snake exhibit never happened when luna found out subaru was rockman, in the anime she finds out from seeing rockman fall 500 feet and hitting the ground then transforming back to subaru....then she FAINTS.

Yeah, that happened.

Luna also kept denying Rockman being Subaru (even though it showed she accepted it in the end), when she accepted it right away... Plus, she found out at the same time as Gonta and Kizamaro when she had learned before them.

Misora also knew Subaru was Rockman and vice versa.

Emi-hime

Trivial;50553 said:
One more

No "Bone-battle" in the museum like Crown Thunder did and fought with Rockman

You don't need to be so specific. None of the freaky comet stuff happened at all in the game.

Yuri

YUUURRRRIIII LOWELLLLLLLL
No FM-ian clones of their hosts ingame, no FM-ians trying to gather negative energy ingame.
Unless that was already mentioned...

Dengar

In the anime, the FM-ians needed a special machine to give them their EM-human forms. In the game, they could change to their EM-human form at will by recalling those forms from their memory.

In the anime, the wave changed forms of the humans had the evil FM-ians as the dominant personality. In the game, the host humans still were the dominant personalities, the FM-ians merely clouded their minds and ordered them to use their powers to cause havoc.

In the game, the FM-king was a paranoid person who was manipulated by Gemini into destroying planet AM. No mention of this was made in the anime.

In the game, you fight and destroy Andromeda. In the anime, he just disappeared after the key was broken.

Wolf Woods, Cancer Bubble, and Crown Thunder had no role in the story at all and only appeared as optional bosses. Neither the FM-ians nor their hosts were evil.

In the anime, Rockman was never sent up to the satellite.

In the game, there was no cheezy "take care of the earth for me" scene. (sorry if you consider this minor, I consider it major)

Also, in the game, it's way better explained how FM-ians bond with humans. They are attracted to their 'loneliness' waves, and then inhabit the void that exists in their hearts. This is true even for Geo/Subaru.

It's been mentioned before, but in the game, the BrotherBand is much more than 'lol purifying EM-waves'. On a related subject, the Star Force in the game is also of much greater significance, because it draws on Geo's/Subaru's desire to protect his friends (his Brothers). The Star Force isn't just 'lol powerful game breaking battle card'.

Emi-hime

There kind of was a "take care of the Earth for me" scene if you
found Kelvin's transer and read the message

Zodiac

Gurren Brigade Member
Dengar;50630 said:
In the anime, Rockman was never sent up to the satellite.

I remember that he was... are you sure you don't mean "in the game"?

Anyway, thank you everyone, it'll really help with me writing the fanfic. However, I'm only going to actually use a lot of this information in chapters 7 and beyond, when Lan (Netto, he's called Lan by Geo and vice versa, but everyone else calls them "Netto" and "Subaru") gets transferred 200 years into the future along with Geo in a freak accident (well, not exactly freak, but Lan forgets to leave the machine and he doesn't make it out in time) and experiences his world for once. Right now I'm only on chapter 4. Beeeh~!

But thank you very much. It helps. (And what exactly does brotherband do in the game? I hear it goes person-to-person between people instead of person-to-denpa-person between people.)

PrimoPiccolo

After 100 Million Nights... I'm back!
tricky77puzzle said:
I remember that he was... are you sure you don't mean "in the game"?
In the anime, Subaru was beamed up to one of the Earth's satellites by the AM sages before he was given the Star Force cards. In the game, he was actually beamed up to the space station his father worked in to fight Andromeda. Remember the thing in outer space from episode 50 that got War-Rock to finally tell Subaru the truth? In the game, Amachi sends Subaru into it.

And the BrotherBand system is a game dynamic. Allows for you to use Battle Cards from your in-game friends (Luna, Gonta, Misora) and real life friends. In the anime, it's just a plot device for why Subaru's dad was attacked in the first place.

Zodiac

Gurren Brigade Member
I see. Well, what kind of cards would the Brotherband allow for? Are you allowed to modify them, or are they predetermined?

Emi-hime

tricky77puzzle;50835 said:
I see. Well, what kind of cards would the Brotherband allow for? Are you allowed to modify them, or are they predetermined?

The cards are cards that your brothers would pick. It'd be a random selection of their 6 favorites or may be their battle combo.

Zodiac

Gurren Brigade Member
I see. (I looked at the Wikipedia entry for Star Force. It says that the Brotherband can be real players on a WiFi connection. I wonder if you can use Brotherband on players that you're battling with? As in, if you have them on Brotherband, can you actually battle against them using their own chips?)

And I just found out that "Subaru" means "the Pleaides" (Or "Pleiades", I forget how to pronounce it) from freedict.com. It's an online dictionary between different languages and English. It does not offer a translation service, so I'm pretty sure most of their results are accurate. It's the root name for both the car brand (notice that the logo has seven stars, and the Pleiades are called "the seven sisters") and the RnR/MMSF character (after the celestial shape). I'm pretty sure some of you knew that already, but I'm just throwing it out there, just in case I'm stating something that's not obvious.

Dengar

Princess Emi;50640 said:
There kind of was a "take care of the Earth for me" scene if you
found Kelvin's transer and read the message

Yeah but that wasn't cheezy.

A BrotherBand works like this:

You make a BrotherBand, either with an in-game character, or with a friend via wireless play or Wi-Fi. You gain a HP boost and a certain ability like SuperArmor (can't flinch) or Float (no damage from hostile floor).

You can also add a Brother Force card to your deck, that when used, gives you a random card from your Brother's favorites. If your Brother is On Air (connected to you via wireless connection), you can use their Best Combo instead. So if you were in a Wave Battle with a Brother, you can use their Best Combo against them.

(In RnR2, if you use a Brother Force from a different version while in a Tribe-On state, you can Double Tribe-On. If you use another Brother Force from a third version, you can Triple Tribe-On)

Zodiac

Gurren Brigade Member
So Wi-fi Brotherbanding is pretty much essential to the game experience... especially if you want to do a triple Tribe-On.

So does "subaru" actually mean "the Pleiades" or what?

Dengar

Actually, in the first RnR, you also need to BrotherBand with the other versions if you want access to their forms.

And I'm not sure about the name there, but I don't discount the possibility.

Also, conversely, you have to cut all of your BrotherBands before you can gain Bly Tribe-On. And while you can get your Brothers back, all you can do with Brother Force after that point is sacrifice them to use your Big Bang attack. (but this is the preferred form for Wave Battles)