rockman1323, you are not on my favorites list right now

Dash

I Ireland
Staff member
Supreme Dictator
rockman1323, you are not on my favorites list right now

How the hell did you get ahold of our Tribe 3 release canidate?

And why the hell did you put it up on CrunchyRoll?

Do not put our stuff up on sites like that early. If you somehow manage to get it before release, have a brain and keep it for yourself.

I'll have you know that your uploaded copy isn't the one we're going to release. So thanks a whole fucking lot for mass showing a bad copy.

[small]* The thing with GSR and episode 2 was accidental, and totally understandable. He's already talked to me about it, and what he said makes sense.[/small]

Ryuujin131

lost in memory
Did you like...leave him a comment about this on his profile or something already?

But seriously...how the hell can he just get all that? I mean, no staff member would be that stupid to give it to him...(right?)

Vande

Evil Incarnate?
i would hope staff are not that dumb to do so, but if so then someone needs to wise up and fast.

the guy had NO right to put ANYTHING out on the net anyhow.

Skr

Ishvalastrator
Staff member
Ryuujin131;19060 said:
Maybe he hacked into the server where all the episodes are held? (I donno.)

"Hacked" not so much... but he did go snooping through URLs on our site. That's all I'll say :<

Skr

Ishvalastrator
Staff member
The Sixth Kakorat;19071 said:
Sounds like your sub-folders need to be better regulated (access-wise).

Wasn't a lack of sub-folders... just a re-occurring thing with the URLs that made something easy to get without it actually being on the site.

The Sixth Kakorat

Scar;19073 said:
Wasn't a lack of sub-folders... just a re-occurring thing with the URLs that made something easy to get without it actually being on the site.

I'm sorry, I've tried reading that statement and I just don't understand what it meant. If a file isn't actually on your server, how could someone download it?

To clarify my response, sometimes webmasters upload files to 'secret' parts of their sites which they don't make the link publicly available, expecting that no-one could stumble upon it accidentally. Yet, if someone did figure out the url, for example where Koroku stashes unreleased subs of Tribe, then because general internet access was unregulated, that person would still be able to download the file. The remedy for this problem would be for the webmaster to forbid access except for chosen recipients.

But if that isn't the case, forget I said anything. ;)

The Sixth Kakorat

Ryuujin131;19081 said:
Well (if I recall working a LONG time ago.), there's some sort of server where all the whatever files currently in QC are (I don't remember the address or anything like that, I swear), like ftp://whatever.com/dats/qc/series/RnRt1(QC5).avi. Repeat for each episode and QC number thing, and yeah.

Which is exactly what I'm talking about. In that case, DATS would be getting ftp service from another website and I know for a fact that ftp servers can hold passworded accounts. Therefore the account holder should have created a password for the ftp account and only given it out to certain trusted individuals. I remember when I started out making websites and dealing with ftp servers that whenever I wanted to keep certain content online but not publicly available that I would 'bury' them in sub-folder after sub-folder so that no-one would search so long as to find it, but that my only true measure of security would be to lock everyone out and guard the key.

Skr

Ishvalastrator
Staff member
We host our own QC server and the files are not named like that nor do they reside in folders like that o-o

Also... it is username and password protected which are unguessable :D

We know how they got it... and that problem was fixed. It was not from our QC server.

Dash

I Ireland
Staff member
Supreme Dictator
We use a click tracking script, and he guessed the ID number.