Rockman Story History

StelarSX

Jack In!
Rockman Story History

I've all of a sudden gotten an interest in the actual Rockman Story. Before, I've only liked the spin-off series before. So could someone explain the story?

Jadealen Dragon

You mean Rockman/Megaman classic series?

Well lets see, in around 20XX Dr. Thomas Light and Dr. Albert Wily built the first robot ever (Blues/Protoman) something happened and Blues disappeared. Then the two built eight more robots or robot masters; Rock, Roll, Cutman, Gutsman, Iceman, Bombman, Fireman, and Elecman. Wily stole six of them and left only Rock and Roll. Dr. Light converted Rock into a fighting robot and went off to save the world form Wily. They have fought each other about eight times. The seventh time Forte/Bass was introduced. Forte was a robot built by Wily for the soul porous of destroying Rockman. In the eighth one an energy called dark energy was found and a space robot named Duo was sent to Earth to get rid of it. Then the classic series ended and the sequel, the Rockman/Megaman X series started.

But that’s really just a very basic overview of the storyline in the games.

NEO Ness

After the original series, on the second arcade game it is stated that Wily builds Zero, and it has his blue prints in the background. Dr.Wily told Bass that he used something by accident when creating Bass called Bassnly (i think thats what its called)and used the program to make zero, and told Bass that this person will be stronger than Megaman and him combined. Bass swore that when this person awoke he will defeat him, along with Megaman, because of his personality he couldn't see the reality of the situation.

Protoman, being the first built robot every, had a special kind of unknown sickness, and Dr.Light confronts him about it. Protoman is a lone wolf guardian angle type person, he tell Dr.Light that if he cant take care of himself, then no one should be able to. So he leaves, and dies of the sickness many years later.

When all of this is going on, Dr.Light was secretly designing a new kind of Robots called "Reploids". These robots would be more 'human' like, and could think for themselfs. Fearing that the world isn't ready for that kind of jump in robotic technology, he kept the latest model MegamanX a secret from the world. Megaman X was the first Reploid.

(I use my theories with hard evidence and soft evidence of the games, these are not fact)
Theory: 1) The laws of "I Robot" for Robots where in effect in the entire game, as shown on the end of Megaman7, Megaman states that he's a human before he's about to attempt to kill Dr.Wily for putting him through so much stress, but unfortunately Bass stops him. my first theory to the original Megaman Dieing is that he became out of control, the laws that he was programed with contradicted itself, and Dr.Light had to put him down.

2) Zero awoke and killed Bass, and killed the original megaman, Wily probably lost control of Zero, because he was too F***ing powerful (and the time you see him in this original state on Megaman X4, it shows him out of control, that was his original personality!) Fact: Zero was out of control, Zero was the first Maverick. back to Theory: Wily sealed him away to awaken many years later (over 100 actually).

21XX-X's story (I'll continue this in a bit.....)

One hundred years later, Humanity was a little weak without Robots, and they where slowly dieing off because of Dr.Light not being alive anymore.

A Scientist (and soon leader of a special squad called "The Maverick Hunters/ Irregular Hunters) named Dr.Cain stumbled upon a old laboratory, happen to be Dr.Lights old laboratory, and its been abandoned for a VERY long time. He searches the lab and finds a mysterious robot named "Megaman X" and a transmission from Light appears, as light tells one of his final words, barely being able to talk almost, he basically states that Megaman X is the next type of Robotic technology called Reploids, and he designed it a few years too early, and thought that the current time that he was in wouldn't accept a Robot that could think for itself, be a little more human like in the looks, and in the actions. He felt that the laws of robots being held back made them un-alive, and also told who ever found X that "X" was a variable, the potential to be the greatest robotic to ever be built, but only time would tell of his potential power, and if he even WANTS to fight.

Dr.Cain took X and created similar like Robots called Reploids and mass produced them around the world, the time period was perfect for it, but where there is good, there is evil. Some Reploids where going rouge, and attacking innocent humans, these Reploids where called Mavericks. A few weeks/months later a mysterious Red Reploid was seen in a factory, and he was out of control, the current leaders of the Maverick hunters, Sigma, confronted him and they fought and Sigma barely won by punching Zero in the Crystal on his forehead that shined a big "W". This caused Zero to loose his memory.

some time later, X decided that he wanted to help people, and had a high since of justice, he joined to become a Maverick Hunter of the 17th unit. Zero, who lost his memory, and had a 'get the job done' personality that day forward, basically went "What the hell, I'll fight for justice cause mavericks make me sick". He joined to kick some ass, and became apart of the 14th unit (I might have the Units backwards, or completely incorrect, I'll look them up now, but i need to go for a bit.., I'll continue this in a sec.)

StelarSX

Jack In!
So first it's Robots with Dr. Light and Dr. Wily? THey created them. Then years later there's a new age with Reploids. THen after the X Series it's the the Zero series? So what happens that? You know with like ZX.

NEO Ness

Okay, Zero and X (from the anime scene at the end of X3) happen to bump into each other (ironically, Zero was made to destroy megaman, and X, because X is basically a better version of the original megaman, and Megaman X was created with a feeling of justice, and Zero has a aura of Wily [metaphorically] around him) From the moment they met and became good friends, and good battle partners, they had a small voice in the back of both their heads telling them that one day, some time, they would have to fight each other, and one of them will die.

X1-4: fighting sigma, getting to know some characters,

On X1-3, Sigma basically pulled a Dr.Wily, and constantly attacked innocence, and X and Zero had to put a stop to it. Zero dies at the end of Megaman X1, a old Maverick hunter named Vile killed him, (well, actually he killed himself trying to kill vile, but then X got really pissed and powerful, and X killed Vile). On X2, X is fighting people called X hunters, and while he fights them, he discovers that Dr.Cain has Zero memory chip and he can bring Zero back if X finds all of his parts. Sigma had all of Zero's parts, and used it to make Black Zero, but the original Zero (once revived) destroyed it in a matter of seconds.
On X3, you find out that Sigma is really a Virus, he's a highly adapted version of the Maverick virus, and can never die, so long as his virus lives. X fights the virus, but doesn't kill it.

Iris is introduced in Megaman Xtreme 2, which takes place after X3, but before X4, she becomes a maverick on X4 because Zero killed Colonel, her brother, and Zero is forced to take her live after a little spark of 'love' sprouted between them. X's story: X got a new helper named Double (his name is ironic because he has 'two forms', but he doesn't find that out till later) after X kills all the mavericks, and finds out that the General (the General of a new kind of army is called "replaforce" and Colonel didn't come for inspection when Zero and X asked him too, so he is being accused of a Maverick, and because Colonel is apart of Replaforce, Replaforce takes offense to it, and starts a war between them) ...X goes to space to fight inside the satalight, and once he gets there he finds Double, who betrayed him, he fights him and X wins. X then fights the General, and beats him, then he discovers that the General was being manipulated by Sigma, and X and Sigma have there 4th epic duel.

X5-X6: The Colony fight.

NEO Ness

X5-X6: the Colony fight

At the beginning of X5 X and Zero are dispatched to go to a city that is spontaneously being overwhelmed with mavericks. Zero goes in first, and they lost the signal for him, X goes in later to look for Zero and finds him, he then fights a giant Sigma head, and he beat it. Once he takes Zero back to base, he discovers that when he killed the giant Sigma head, it caused the Sigma virus to spread rapidly around the world, cause powerful reploids to become mavericks. Then they realize that the Sigma virus has infected a space colony and it starts to hurl itself towards Earth, with the potential of eliminating all life. (humans are in underground shelters around the world.) X and Zero meet a new rival along the way, his name is Dynamo. He's pretty strong but X and Zero find out a way to beat him. starting to run out of time, they give Zero the ability to pilot a shuttle into the Colony to stop the collision. It worked, but there was something wrong, Zero didn't respond after the attack. Then once they realized that the colony still hit earth, but with much less force, they notice that Zero was indeed alive, but different. He had turned maverick, and showed his true colors, Zero then sent a transmission to Maverick Hunter Base and said that he wanted to fight X, and X agreed, knowing and fearing that this day would come. They fought and X won, Zero dies, and X confronts Sigma for the 5th time.

Now here is where it gets tricky......

X5->X6->X7->X8
|
\/->(100years later, Maverick and Elf wars take place)->MMZero1-4-> (about 200 years later) MMZX-> (about a thousand or so years later) Megaman Legends.

The storyline breaks off to two time lines. Keji Inafune, the creator of Megaman, wanted X5 to be the last game of the X series, but Capcom secretly went ahead and continued the series with X6, Keji Inafune had no idea that they would do that, he was already in progress of making Megaman Zero. Oddly enough, you could also say that the ending to X6 would also be where the Zero series picks up because in one ending Zero seals himself away, the way that it was meant to be for the Zero series to start. (Maybe it was just a scene to show that it happened, because there was nothing realted to the storyline happening...)

anyways, I'll follow the current important story line, since most fans dont like X6-8, they think they are not important (I like those games...)...

X5--->Zero1

Zero seals himself away because he sees himself as a possible threat to everyone (yeah, no kidding!).

Wiki-time, i don't think i can type out an entire war by memory:

"Sometime during the middle of the Maverick Wars, Zero decided to seal himself away for 102 years with the specific intention of "removing" a component that he believed still made him a serious danger (Presumably the Virus and his own unique ability to easily pass it on to other reploids, even against his will). During this time period (which may or may not have lasted the intended 102 years), Zero's mind was removed from his body, and his body and the unique properties of the virus were extensively studied for the sake of eventually creating the unique anti-virus Cyber Elf, known then as the Mother Elf, which eventually was used by X to end the Maverick Wars.

One of the human scientists responsible for the research, Dr. Weil, eventually stole Zero's body and used it to create the most deadly reploid of the time known as Omega. Weil used Omega and the stolen Mother Elf, now redubbed the Dark Elf, in order to wage a massive worldwide war known as the Elf Wars. In response to this, a copy of Zero's original body was created and Zero's mind was loaded into this copy in order to fight against Weil and Omega. Together, X and Zero were finally able to retrieve the Dark Elf and seriously damage Omega, bringing the war to an end. However, the damage caused by the Elf Wars weighed heavily upon Zero, and he still continued to view himself as a threat. One day, Zero finally decided to seal himself away once more. X made a last ditch effort to attempt to stop Zero from doing this, but the sealing was already half-way completed by the time he arrived and could not be stopped."-Wiki http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zero_(Mega_Man)

NEO Ness

I'll make the Zero series brief since I didn't like the Zero series very much, but I still played them....

Zero1: Zero awakens to find that X is too stricked and killing Reploids and humans viewing them as mavericks. Zero confronts X and realizes that the X that is leading a utopia called NEO Arcadia is a fake X, the real X has become a Cyber Elf.

Zero2: Pointless game, introduces dark-elf, you learn a little more of the Elf-wars and Maverick wars, etc... at the very end you hear Dr. Weil releasing Omega.

Zero3: Zero find out that Omega is his original body, but highly upgraded, and very strong, Zero fights against Weil and Omega, and Zero fights the Fake X who is being controlled by Weil. Zero kills the fake X for good, which allowed the real X to pass on from this world to the next, where ever Reploids may go. Zero beats Omega in a long and epic duel.

Zero4: Weil is in control of NEO Arcadia, and is fighting the Resistance and a human resistance. Weil then tries to use a space colony called "Ragnarok" and Zero fights a new person with same character traits as Colonel. his name is Craft, and Weil tries to use the Ragnarok laser on the Resistance but Craft takes control of the laser and uses it against NEO Arcadia.

"Zero goes to Ragnarok to stop him, but Weil regains control after this. Zero returns to Ragnarok and confronts Weil, who reveals the reason for his grudge against the rest of the world. After the Elf Wars, Weil was banished illegally, and oddly punished with eternal life. Although he was human, he was transferred to a cybernetic body built to constantly regenerate itself, so that Weil would be forced to live forever alone, cut off from the rest of the world (until Mega Man Zero 3, of course; this is how Weil survived when Craft turned Ragnarok against Neo Arcadia). Weil, in his hatred, is now obsessed with making the rest of the world suffer and ultimately destroying it. In order to stop Ragnarok from colliding with Earth, Zero must kill Weil to stop Ragnarok, to which Weil proclaims that he is of the human race that he has sworn to protect, and how can a hero claim to be fighting for justice if he destroys what he has dedicated his life to protect is the question Zero is faced with. Zero's response echo his words from ending of the first game "I never cared about justice, and I don't ever recall calling myself a hero... I have always only fought for the people that I believe in. I won't hesitate... If an enemy appears before me, I will destroy it!" "-Wiki

Then 200 years later ZX takes place after Ceil created the Bio-metals. etc, I think I'm done...if you want to know more tell me.

Jadealen Dragon

(I thought Dr. Light sealed X inside a capsule for about 30 years (though it turned out to be about 100) in order to do ethical tests so he wouldn't go crazy and kill all humans. But that's just my theory; I won’t say that it is right either. I also could have sworn that Zero led the 0th unit...But I could be wrong.)

After the Elf wars and such happened, a young scientist by the name of Ceil made a copy of X, who at some point in time died apparently, in the hopes of him leading a better world. It did not work though. The copy of X turned into a tyrant and severely punished reploids that did not do what they where supposed to do. Ceil, not liking this joined a resistance in hopes of putting a stop to it. She finds and revives Zero at the start of the first Zero game (how else would it be played?) Zero joins the fight against the copy X...

Ya know what NEO? You're doing a much better job than me, take it away!

...Bah, curse you for posting before me.

NEO Ness

heh, I've liked Megaman since I was six, when the year the Super Nintendo came out, and i bought it, and rented Megaman X over and over again.

Well, from the sound of it, i think he just wanted to know the story up to the ZX series, but if you want me to go into more detail, or have any questions, I have the games in hand and ready to search if I cant remember it.

Actually, Jadealen, if you want to know exactly why, then here is a link to the OAV on the PSP game. Its a good game, i wouldn't buy a PSP for it, but its very fun, and Vile's storyline is very good!

http://youtube.com/watch?v=4tdQruwbQLA

There, Megaman X: The Day Of Sigma, a movie that takes place before X1, but quite a ways after the whole 'Waking up' and 'crazy zero'.

Jadealen Dragon;23046 said:
Ya know what NEO? You're doing a much better job than me, take it away!

...Bah, curse you for posting before me.

Nah, you did a good brief paragraph of the original series, I just picked up from the X series, so we could get it out of the way.

Edit: Here is the Crazy Zero fight:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=725nZdghwX0

Hiroki

Wearer of Purple
More in-depth overview of the Zero and ZX series-

Zero - Ciel, the leader of the Resistance against Neo Arcadia, awakens a badly damaged Zero and uses a Cyber-Elf, a sentient program, to heal him. He kills a bunch of Neo Arcadian Soldiers, saves Ciel, and goes on his merry way.. untill the boss of the first level. His buster gun has little effect, and Cyber Elf X gives him the Z-Saber. Zero then kills the boss with ease. Then, he goes and fights the other bosses, etc etc. Eventually confronting the four guardians, the "Shitennou": Harpuia, Leviathan, Fefnir, and Phantom. He defeats them, kills Phantom, and then he fights Copy X, also called Omega X by some. He destroys Copy X. He then leaves to wander in search of answers and stuff.

Zero 2 - Starts with Zero wandering the desert, (The opening stage has incredible music, btw) he fights a large scorpion boss, and falls over, having used the last of his power. Strangely enough, he is saved by Harpuia, who brings him to the Resistance Base. The Resistance is now commanded by Elpizo. He fights more Neo Arcadians, and at the end of the game, we find that Elpizo, driven by lust for the power of the Dark Elf, betrays the Resistance. He destroys the Original X's body, breaking the seal on the Dark Elf. Zero beats him, and the Dark Elf escapes.

Zero 3 - Starts with Zero, Ciel, and two doofuses searching for a signal in a snowy area. The signal turns out to be a giant ship, and Zero explores. He finds Omega, a powerful robot built by Dr. Weil, and fights him. Weil intervenes, having rebuilt Copy X. Zero fights more bosses, blows up Copy X yet again, and Weil becomes new ruler of Neo Arcadia. At the end, Zero fights Omega, who has Zero's original body and program. Once Zero defeats him, Weil's curse on the Dark Elf lifts, returning her to Mother Elf status.

Zero 4 - Zero and Ciel find a new place with actual nature, and Weil wants to blow it up, or else people will leave Neo Arcadia for that "paradise". Kraft, a new Reploid, is in love with the human, Neige. Zero fights some bosses, eventually, Kraft, whom, after getting his butt whipped, turns to Zero's side, and Zero beats the Neo Arcadians to a pulp yet again. Weil uses a Space Station called Ragnarok, and tries to blow up the place. Zero stops him, but dies in the process. Ciel is all sad.

ZX - Weil had apparently fused his soul into the Ragnarok Wreckage, to create Biometal Model W. Ciel creates other Biometal to combat it, and ZX is born. You really should play this game, so I'm not going to reveal any more about it.

ZX Advent - I have no idea, since I have yet to play it. All I know is it has Biometal A, which is highly reminiscent of Axl.

NEO Ness

I agree, ZX is awesome.

You should get ZX Advent, its not that bad for a sequel.

(Vaati, I love your sig! Legends is my favorite series!)

AoBfrost

Mii-Chan's #1 fan!
Jadealen Dragon;23019 said:
You mean Rockman/Megaman classic series?

Well lets see, in around 20XX Dr. Thomas Light and Dr. Albert Wily built the first robot ever (Blues/Protoman) something happened and Blues disappeared. Then the two built eight more robots or robot masters; Rock, Roll, Cutman, Gutsman, Iceman, Bombman, Fireman, and Elecman. Wily stole six of them and left only Rock and Roll. Dr. Light converted Rock into a fighting robot and went off to save the world form Wily. They have fought each other about eight times. The seventh time Forte/Bass was introduced. Forte was a robot built by Wily for the soul porous of destroying Rockman. In the eighth one an energy called dark energy was found and a space robot named Duo was sent to Earth to get rid of it. Then the classic series ended and the sequel, the Rockman/Megaman X series started.

But that’s really just a very basic overview of the storyline in the games.
Dont forget about the time where everyone was killed off including rockman, roll, doctor light....thats why he built X, just incase rockman was blown to bits. X is not the original rockman, which many people think he is.

NEO Ness

AoBfrost;23280 said:
Dont forget about the time where everyone was killed off including rockman, roll, doctor light....thats why he built X, just incase rockman was blown to bits. X is not the original rockman, which many people think he is.

I continued from his post, and stated that everyone died, and the possible reasons. X wasn't created because Dr.Light thought "just incase Megaman died" X was created because Dr. Light invented a new type of Robots called Reploids, and Megaman X was the first Reploid.

info=Megaman Maverick Hunter X, Megaman X1

AoBfrost

Mii-Chan's #1 fan!
If I remember correctly from MMz7 or 8, they say Zero is actually the sigma virus which makes all reploids go maverick. Not sure, but it's been a while since I played those 2.

david0925

AoBfrost;23857 said:
If I remember correctly from MMz7 or 8, they say Zero is actually the sigma virus which makes all reploids go maverick. Not sure, but it's been a while since I played those 2.

They sort of hinted that in the X4 cutscenes. The story develops in X5 and then eventually openly said it in X8, iirc.

AoBfrost

Mii-Chan's #1 fan!
They need to make a x9, axel was infected with something at the end of mmx8, he acted funny at the end, so I think they should make another game to continue off where they left in x8.

david0925

Neoness has basically described the rest of the story pretty well. I'm going to link the drama track from youtube when i find it again.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YSih7n8T6Ls

Just to illistrate the story again (the drawing are obviously fan-made, and inaccurate at the Omega fight.)

To close out the gap between the X series and the Zero series, Capcom has released Remastered Tracks with audio tracks on them. Basically, somewhere between X6 and Zero, Zero's mind was removed from his body so that it can be studied and produce an anti-Sigma (anti-Zero will probably be a more appropriate name) vaccine. The product of this research is the Mother Elf. Using the Mother Elf, X successfully exterminates the Sigma Virus (basically Sigma himself) once and for all.

However, after some time, Vile (Doctor Weil in English) stole Zero's original body and created Omega's "soul" in it. He also corrupts the Mother Elf into the Dark Elf, which can be used to control reploids. To fight Omega, X and the scientists created another copy of Zero's body and place his mind into it. The two battles Omega and successfully banishes both Omega and Vile into space. Zero decides that it is not time for him to be awaken yet, and requests himself to be resealed. X arrives at the place of sealing a bit too late, just in time to say goodbye to zero. Later, X uses his body to seal away the Dark Elf, and then from there, the Zero series unfolds.

Dengar

I'll just reveal some minor things about ZX.

Basically, Dr. Weil's consciousness was merged into the wreckage of Ragnarok, and created what would be known as "Biometal Model W". Ciel, not exactly knowing what it was at the time, was researching Model W, and proceeded to create Model X, Model Z, Model H, Model F, Model L, and Model P.

Fast forward 200 years. There is no more distionction between humans and reploids, everyone is thus referred to as 'humanoid'. One of these humanoids comes into contact with Model X, and later Model Z, and uses the so-called "R.O.C.K." system to become Rockman ZX, to fight a new evil, and solve the mystery of Model W.

AoBfrost

Mii-Chan's #1 fan!
The biometals were based off the characters from rockman Zero series, like levithan, Ciel created model L with abilities similar to levithan, same for other characters.