roaming pokemon.

dizzy

roaming pokemon.

does anybody like this idea? i think it's so annoying you have to find it randomly in the wild, and it flee's every battle, and if you run out of pokeballs or something, you have to find it all over again.

Elecmon

If I'm think about the same thing as you, then your a little late. This idea has been around since G/S/C. I think it adds a real challange to the games. Instead of just walking up to a legendary you have to actually find it.

dizzy

nah i knew it already, it's just that i think it's so annoying that it's random, and the encounter rate is so loww. i still don't have entei on my gold version --x

Vande

Evil Incarnate?
Suicuine, Entei n Raikou (sps)

I never liked hunting them down, now bloody Mespirit (needs a good strong Poke with mean look after defeating Elite 4) to get that evil thing!

tetron

Quality Check<br>rawr inc.
Only thing I hate about hunting is the fact that in D/P, they have those special "shiny" pokemon thats like 1/600 or something to catch >_>...

And some peopel do take there time to catch them

Johnzaloog

DATS Yu-Gi-Oh! Official
if it is 1/600 it's easier, it used to be something like 1/2800. Vande, theose are the correct sps.

Airdra

V-Pet Geek
Actually, it's still 1/8192, but if you use the Pokeradar and get the same one over and over again, it supposedly greatly lowers the odds.

Elecmon

That's just a rumor that has yet to be disproven difinintavly(sp?). It would only help in getting a shiney of a specific species, since you find the same one over and over.

This was quoted from the Pokeradar FAQ on GameFAQs:
Q: If I chain for long enough, am I guaranteed a shiny?
A: No, you're not. The chance of finding a shiny remains at 1/8192, however
the number of encounters increases, so you're just a bit more likely to
find one. You are only guaranteed a shiny if you use an AR, which I am
against.

dizzy

Airdra;1617 said:
Actually, it's still 1/8192, but if you use the Pokeradar and get the same one over and over again, it supposedly greatly lowers the odds.

yeah that's true, i saw a a FAQ on it, and a youtube video on it.

Airdra

V-Pet Geek
Note how I said "supposedly." :) I tried it myself, but could never get any chains higher than six, got fed up with the whole thing, gave up, and decided that if I wanted a shiny that bad I'd borrow my brother's AR. :p

Veemon93

..........what?
yea i used to spend most of my time looking for shinies but i only found one shiny lotad in one year so i just gave up lol

nahxela

For the roaming legendaries, you can just use the map marker in the poketch ;), it shows you where the pokemon is in the overworld so you can find them more easily.
And if you're on the same route bring some max repels and a pokemon a level or so lower than it that knows something that can trap (sleeping move, spider web, mean look) so you'll have an easier time at catching one.

faqcorner

Vande;1555 said:
I never liked hunting them down, now bloody Mespirit (needs a good strong Poke with mean look after defeating Elite 4) to get that evil thing!

for one you could use a Master Ball, but I'll save that until the OTHER roaming pkm Clis... meh forgot how to spell/say it.... just look for it after you get National Dex....

Otherwise, do it like this

get a strong pkm (like Gastly?, Haunter, Gengar?) and get it to have Mean Look with some other attacks

attempt to battle it at night

use repel when near it

battle

try to go first and use the Mean look

it would try to leave but fail...

then keep on hitting it and trying to slowly kill it (DO NOT RETURN THE GUY WITH MEAN LOOK)

then catch with a Dusk ball or throw differnt kinds of pokeballs at it....

Subaru/Rockman

#1 Rockman Fan
well i'm playing D/P i'm almost done the game but i'm playing it on my comp:eek: to play it on ur comp its called emulators they have NDS emulators ect. i use a NDS emulator and downloaded the pokemon diamond rom i dont remember the site i got it from though ^_^; well once i remember the site to the Emulator i will post it well thats all the imformation i got right now :)

pawitp

Tech Admin
Staff member
Subaru/Rockman, please remember that english roms are disallowed here. The last time I've read the rules, japanese roms are ok.

faqcorner

I don't need the comp roms, I have the english + emu already.

I have it in real life + Action Replay...

anyone want an Arceus or anythin?