RNR troubles: can't access torrent files/DDL

cheeseblade

RNR troubles: can't access torrent files/DDL

Hello.
I'm not sure if this is the right board for this, but if it isn't, it would be appreciated if someone would guide me to the right one.
Any way, I'm having trouble accessing the torrent files for Ryuusei no Rockman here on the DATS main page. I keep getting an error. Even when I try the DDLs from GeoRockman, I get the message, "ID does not exist!" or something of the sort.
Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks in advance.

Zodiac

Gurren Brigade Member
cheeseblade;94555 said:
Hello.
I'm not sure if this is the right board for this, but if it isn't, it would be appreciated if someone would guide me to the right one.
Any way, I'm having trouble accessing the torrent files for Ryuusei no Rockman here on the DATS main page. I keep getting an error. Even when I try the DDLs from GeoRockman, I get the message, "ID does not exist!" or something of the sort.
Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks in advance.

Heh, I got that too. The downloads are from the main dzonair server (if I'm not mistaken; they're from "c.dzonair.net" last time I tried to download one), so maybe the files were taken off?

Role

Fanfic Writer & RPer
Returning Member
DX I read the topic title and was about to go on a rant about the purpose of GameFAQs... 'till I read you were talking about the anime. If I'm not mistaken, it's been taken down since it's available in the US now. You know, copyright issues and all. Go buy it or something.

cheeseblade

Role;94731 said:
DX I read the topic title and was about to go on a rant about the purpose of GameFAQs... 'till I read you were talking about the anime. If I'm not mistaken, it's been taken down since it's available in the US now. You know, copyright issues and all. Go buy it or something.
Hmmm...
If that's the case, then the guy who's in charge of the torrents and stuff should move it to the correct group. If it isn't the case, he should fix it.

Zodiac

Gurren Brigade Member
cheeseblade;94739 said:
Hmmm...
If that's the case, then the guy who's in charge of the torrents and stuff should move it to the correct group. If it isn't the case, he should fix it.

Argh, glaring error! Well, alright then, so it wasn't licensed. Well, this post has no use anymore...

megumi

SPAM BOT
Staff member
WARNING WARNING
;-; The tracker was removed due to issues, thus all torrents on the DZOnAir tracker are dead. As for the DDLs, I have no clue what happened to those. However, the files are still available on the XDCC bots. cheeseblade, I would recommend you getting on the chan and download them from the bots.

Zodiac

Gurren Brigade Member
Koroku;94754 said:
There aren't official subs.

Aw, damn, I thought it got licensed or something.

Actually, I was following Role. That's what she said. XD

Well, to editing my post.

BTW, if the Dzonair tracker is down, how does that affect the DDL's...?

megumi

SPAM BOT
Staff member
WARNING WARNING
It is licensed, if I recall correctly. It's just not officially subbed. It's not even fully dubbed!

As for the DDLs, episodes 10-55 still work, as well as the first episode of Tribe. The links that says "downloaded undefined times" do not work. For the episodes that don't work, as I said, XDCC them.

Role

Fanfic Writer & RPer
Returning Member
"official subs" have nothing to do with licensing. If I'm not mistaken, it's been licensed. Megumi apparently agrees... Typically when a license is annouced, your choices are to either stop distributing fansubs or get C&D'd/sued...

Zodiac

Gurren Brigade Member
Role;94790 said:
"official subs" have nothing to do with licensing. If I'm not mistaken, it's been licensed. Megumi apparently agrees... Typically when a license is annouced, your choices are to either stop distributing fansubs or get C&D'd/sued...

Did DATS get a C&D letter, then? Because IIRC, they keep the subs up after they've been licensed (apparently by any company besides FUNimation), but only until either an official sub pops up or they get a C&D.

Anyway, it's good to know that it's still available on XDCC.

(Yes, I agree that it got licensed, but what I meant in the first post was that "the subs were licensed", which probably doesn't make any sense, but yeah, I meant "official subs". I get terms mixed up occasionally.)

BTW, @megumi, How many episodes of the dub have they completed? (If it's more than 7, I think DATS should either update the dub episodes, or remove them entirely. It's bugging me that it's incomplete like that.)

megumi

SPAM BOT
Staff member
WARNING WARNING
*eye twitch* As I said, the DDLs on GRN are still up, just not ALL of them (the ones not up say "downloaded undefined times"). Thus, no, DATS did not get a C&D nor have they stopped distribution. The tracker was removed due to a request from the webhost (I don't remember exactly). So, in short, distribution kind of died on its own, which is completely natural.

RnR is licensed, but DATS usually will only drop and cease distribution if FUNi licenses it or if official subs of any sort comes out.

As for the dub, around 13 20min episodes, like 25 of the 10min episodes (since the second half of the last ep was like a summary or something).

Zodiac, have you noticed that the last time GRN was updated (with the exception of the news) was like a year ago?

Zodiac

Gurren Brigade Member
megumi;94805 said:
Zodiac, have you noticed that the last time GRN was updated (with the exception of the news) was like a year ago?

So it's probably high time for an update, no? If not only to say that the website is pretty much dead.

Sorry, I knew that they were still up. I didn't realize that I dropped hints that I still thought otherwise.

So, let's fix that eye of yours, hm? ^_^