RizeGreymon Or RiseGreymon

Constrictor

Spirit Evolution
RizeGreymon Or RiseGreymon

I want to know why people use RiseGreymon instead of RizeGreymon because in the series animation it's say RizeGreymon

or this is Eng name ?

Vande

Evil Incarnate?
I use Rise Greymon due to the fact it makes more sense.
Rise and Shine joke.
Other people use the Rize, and it looks ugly.

Solidus G

Honestly, I'm not so sure about why they used the "s" instead of a "z". This is probably just a bad guess, but the "z" noise in Japanese could sound closer to the English "s" noise.

If not, it could be because they're pronounced the same exact way. Also "rize" isn't a word in English, but "rise" is meaning to like grow, increase, move upwards, etc so that would be more appropriate for the switch.

Skr

Ishvalastrator
Staff member
Japanese romanizing it terrible... -looks at Flaydramon-

So basically, we make it into the common terms, or something that makes more sense.

-also thinks about Roze/Rose in FMA- :p

Johnzaloog

DATS Yu-Gi-Oh! Official
I say Rize because of the animation behind him in the evo scenes. The Japanese also says "Raizu"Greymon. (What does grey mean anyway, in greymon? It obviously has nothing to do with the english colour grey)

Vande

Evil Incarnate?
Grey in Greymon
English. Grey is most likely a misspelling of grea, short for great. It also may come from grey, meaning old or ancient.

DtD

[Z?]
Vande;6656 said:
Grey in Greymon
English. Grey is most likely a misspelling of grea, short for great. It also may come from grey, meaning old or ancient.

DVR says that its for "Great". Which makes since, if you look at older Digimon names. Spell it like Greamon, which is like Wizarmon, Devimon, etc where they leave off a few letter at the end.

digiboy123

Sub Editor & RAW Scan Provider Purdy Thing
Personally, I'd rather use Rize, cause Rise is just plain ugly. :-p And it still carries the "rise and shine" joke that everyone says is supposed to go with it.

DtD

[Z?]
digiboy123;6775 said:
Personally, I'd rather use Rize, cause Rise is just plain ugly. :-p And it still carries the "rise and shine" joke that everyone says is supposed to go with it.

I don't understand that...I always thought it was Rise, as in the Rising Sun. Look at that thing on his shoulder

digiboy123

Sub Editor & RAW Scan Provider Purdy Thing
Still, everyone have their own ways to translate it as. And as far as we know, nobody KNOWS the real way its supposed to be.

On all the merchandise I've seen, they've had it spelt as Rize, even on the TV series. People discredit it saying that Japanese can't spell, and to be honest, they can't, but to be wrong that many times? Eh. There's no right and wrong way, I guess. Spell it the way you think is right.

G4bumon

<b>Timer</b>
For me I personally would choose RiseGreymon when I write it in English, but I think that they used the right one in Japanese I personally would use 'Raizu' over 'Raisu' it just sounds better. Also when you pronounce rise in English listen, doesn't the 's' in rise sound a little like a 'z'? Say "I will rise to the occasion." So I would totally agree with the Japanese using 'zu' over 'su'.