Ripping DVD Raws?

Kingstripes

Okay, so I've been lurking around DATS since 07' and I finally decided to register... I just have a question about Deltora Quest (Oooh, the nostalgia, eh? ;)). What program do you use to rip from the DVD. I personally own all of the Japanese DVD's but I can never get them to look as good as your Deltora Quest DVD releases. Not sure if anyone could answer (considering how long ago it was), but I thought I might as well ask. Kthnxbai babes ;)

Skr

Ishvalastrator
Staff member
It's not just simply ripping.

You first have to rip the DVD to get the VOB files off the DVD (I use DVD Decrypter for this).
After that, you have to encode those VOBs to however you like. Encoding is where it can get complicated. Your best luck is probably to google for a guide on how to encode. There are random programs which can automate encoding, but of course you won't get the greatest result out of them.

Kingstripes

It's not just simply ripping.

You first have to rip the DVD to get the VOB files off the DVD (I use DVD Decrypter for this).
After that, you have to encode those VOBs to however you like. Encoding is where it can get complicated. Your best luck is probably to google for a guide on how to encode. There are random programs which can automate encoding, but of course you won't get the greatest result out of them.
I don't think I worded my question correctly. I know about ripping the VOBS and encoding them, but I just can't get a great result. I encoded the vobs in Virtualdub and compressed it using an XviD codec... But still, it doesn't look as good as your releases.

Dash

I Ireland
Staff member
Supreme Dictator
And that's exactly what he answered; it's all part of encoding. Encoding is an art that you have to learn how to do, and your best bet for that is to google for a guide.

(Also, how high do the DVDs go? I got 1-7 and 10. I can't remember how many there were)

Kingstripes

And that's exactly what he answered; it's all part of encoding. Encoding is an art that you have to learn how to do, and your best bet for that is to google for a guide.

(Also, how high do the DVDs go? I got 1-7 and 10. I can't remember how many there were)

Oh, okay :p

There's 16 DVDs in total (if you count the episodes from 53 - 65 which are fillers).

Dash

I Ireland
Staff member
Supreme Dictator
Ugh, so I still have like half of the series to get. @_@