Remember, the forum is not a chatroom

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trivial

I know that the case about the member who still use this forum as a chatroom would be finished

Now, how about spammers?? (Take me as an example)
Some spammers might not satisfied with just a chatroom
More, there is a possibility that spammers could dominate that chatroom

Thirdmaster

Hourai Doll
............. That's what I mean by it sounds troublesome......

A shoutbox will be faster, you know... Like, just post what you want immediately and yay it's there. (Mibbit sounds hilarious? XD)

If people are worried about unsuitable language or topics in the shoutbox, ban those who do that from using the shoutbox, or suspend them. That sounds alright to me. :]

celestial_sacred

@Trivial: Now, that's very aggresive of you... ^^; So I suppose you admit you're a spammer yourself? I doubt you're excluded from that first statement of yours. ~_~

Zelsius

<b>Egosexual</b>
That's what chatrooms are for, talking. Spamming in chatrooms looks a bit differently. What you've been doing on the forums is exactly what you're supposed to do in a chatroom.

It's not rocket science; click "Explore DATS", then "Chat"

pawitp

Tech Admin
Staff member
Thirdmaster;33047 said:
<_<; I clicked "Explore DATS", and failed to see a "chat" icon I can click......
Change your skin for now, I'll update my skin later.

Trivial

I'm sure all the staffs here are experienced enough to overcome some spammers

Now, you guys have got me and rocknote
Both of us should give you more and enough experience on how spammers are doing ina forum

And, i'm sure all of you guys have already some plan in your sleeve on how to overcome more spammers that could visit our dear forum in the future

So, these 2 things could be considerable :
- Shoutbox (Thirdmaster's idea)
- Spam board, where the posts are not counted (My idea)

Thirdmaster

Hourai Doll
Well, you could have both :]

Then again... A spam board would be pretty good. or a chat board, which also does not increase post count.

pawitp

Tech Admin
Staff member
Trivial;33049 said:
I'm sure all the staffs here are experienced enough to overcome some spammers

Now, you guys have got me and rocknote
Both of us should give you more and enough experience on how spammers are doing ina forum

And, i'm sure all of you guys have already some plan in your sleeve on how to overcome more spammers that could visit our dear forum in the future
No, you are not teaching us, but you're annoying us.
Trivial;33049 said:
So, these 2 things could be considerable :
- Shoutbox (Thirdmaster's idea)
- Spam board, where the posts are not counted (My idea)
They were considered but rejected. Maybe they will be reconsidered.

Trivial

Well, in my Conan forum, i also ever had a case of spammers, and way worse than the one in this forum especially this case

Well, a minor spammer like me (considerably) doesn't make so many inappropiate threads, in many boards
In this case, it's just 2 members reply each other continuously, and make it looks like spam, and when it's examined closely, there are some spam

Let us see to the chatroom solution
A spammer would try to fill the board with his typing
To make it short, don't you feel kinda insulted if what you gonna say to one guy is gone too far because some guy type so many things before your friend reply it??

Like this
You :..............
S:
S:
S:
S:
S:
S:
S:
Your friend :
S:
S:
S:
You :

That's one example

Zelsius

<b>Egosexual</b>
No, and you're missing the topic again. This thread is not for you to tell us what we ought to do, but to remind you not to spam.

Last warning.

pawitp

Tech Admin
Staff member
a) I'd merge his post
b) I'd delete his points if it's offtopic
c) I'm not posting looking for my friend's reply
d) This is off-topic

Zeledit: e) Locked.

Status
Not open for further replies.