R.I.P. Chris Benoit

Elecmon

R.I.P. Chris Benoit

I don't know if anyone cares, but I thought I would put this here. For anyone that has ever seen this man in action, or has been a life long fan, today we mourn the loss of one of the greatest men to ever step into a wrestling ring.

On June 25, 2007, Benoit, his wife Nancy Daus, and their son Daniel were found dead in their home at around 2:30 PM.[83] It was first reported to fans of WWE on their WWE Mobile Alerts Service and posted to their official website soon after. Exact details are not yet known, and an investigation is ongoing.[2] On their website, World Wrestling Entertainment released the following statement[84]:
“ World Wrestling Entertainment is deeply saddened to report that today Chris Benoit and his family were found dead in their home. There are no further details at this time, other than the Benoit family residence is currently being investigated by local authorities.

Tonight’s Raw on USA Network will serve as a tribute to Chris Benoit and his family. WWE extends its sincerest thoughts and prayers to the Benoit family’s relatives and loved ones in this time of tragedy.

WWE canceled the scheduled three hour long live RAW show on June 25, and replaced the broadcast version with a tribute to his life and career, featuring his past matches, segments from the Hard Knocks DVD and comments from wrestlers and announcers.[7] Fayette County, Georgia police are investigating Benoit's house following the discovery of the bodies. Lieutenant Tommy Pope of the Fayette County Sheriff's Department reported to ABC News that sheriffs entered his home on a "welfare check" after missing several appointments, leading to concerns.[85] Pope also stated the police are not searching for any suspects outside of the house, as the instruments of death were located on scene.[86]

The same day Detective Bo Turner of the Fayette County Sheriff's Department told television station WAGA-TV that the case was being treated as a murder-suicide, and the station reported that investigators believe that Benoit killed his wife and son over the weekend, then killed himself on Monday. [87] At present officials continue to investigate and autopsy results are expected on June 26.

R.I.P. Chris Benoit

I just thought I would put this here for the sake of anyone that cared.

tetron

Quality Check<br>rawr inc.
Don't care about wrestling whatsoever

but the fact that his whole family was killed is a shocker...
so I'll care about that much

I have heard about this before in other forums.
It was really sad.

Kage

THE all-high-and-mighty
Maybe not so R.I.P if Benoit was the one to kill his family then commit suicide...

Yuki2

Hearts Beywiki
I don't like Wrestling much either, but I did care to read the article on the comcast.net news section. So he supposedly killed his wife and son, and then himself? I wonder what his reasons were.

Kage

THE all-high-and-mighty
Yuki2;3494 said:
I don't like Wrestling much either, but I did care to read the article on the comcast.net news section. So he supposedly killed his wife and son, and then himself? I wonder what his reasons were.

They're saying steroids may be the reason why he killed both his wife and his son before hanging himself.

I used to watch wrestling. >_> A bit until like 8 years ago.

Elecmon

More info on this:
During a press conference Tuesday, June 26, Fayette County district attorney Scott Ballard confirmed that Chris Benoit had murdered his wife and son. His wife was bound at the wrists and feet, while there were no signs of restraint on his son, both died of asphyxiation. It is reported that his wife died on Friday, his son died on Saturday, and Benoit killed himself later Saturday evening or early Sunday morning. Benoit's body was found dead of asphyxiation hanging by the cord of a weight machine in his basement. It was also reported that there was a Bible by both Nancy and Daniel's bodies.

I ahve lost all repect for this man as a person. But as an entertainer, he had no equal.

Parukeruru-san

Omega of Power
Don't know until toxicology reports come in but from what even ex-wrestlers have tetisfied, the abuse of steroids, pain killers and a cocktail of many other substances in that profession which is almost a requirement what one former wrestler stated, he probally snapped. I mean 60 wrestlers all under 45 dead in 10 years due to steroid and substance abuse ranging from pain killers to cocaine, serious investigations need to be taken in the WWE. Steroids and "roid rage" is a very dangerous reality happening more than most relize.

It's all fake but the lives taken as a result of this isn't, including now a seven year old baby.

Yuki2

Hearts Beywiki
A bible? I don't go to church, so is that supposed to be, like, a sign of respect or what?
And did this guy compete with these steroids?
Maybe they'll never know.

digiboy123

Sub Editor & RAW Scan Provider Purdy Thing
Yuki2;3728 said:
A bible? I don't go to church, so is that supposed to be, like, a sign of respect or what?

Respect, no, not so much, though it could mean that. From my experiences, it shows that they're in God's hands now. That's how I decipher it, anyway. I've had family members buried with Bibles, it's not uncommon.

Kage

THE all-high-and-mighty
digiboy123;3736 said:
Respect, no, not so much, though it could mean that. From my experiences, it shows that they're in God's hands now. That's how I decipher it, anyway. I've had family members buried with Bibles, it's not uncommon.

What I think is that Benoit felt guilty and decided to do something to show it by placing bibles next to his wife and his son and not himself.

Fruitsbsk28

Funga fufu~~
I heard about this and even saw the video recently of his championship win. Not really into wrestling, but I watched it out of curiosity. And afterwards he held up his son and was so proud of his victory, and you think in your right mind it couldn't be the same man they are talking about that did such a thing.

Although I just wish the man could've found help before hand. It could've been prevented. It's sad to hear about something such as this. I'm heartbroken that that happened to him and his family. May their souls rest in peace.