Problems w/ photoshop elements

ankoku

Problems w/ photoshop elements

Photoshop Elements (4.0 to be exact) has been screwing up on me. What happened is that I installed several new fonts (AnimeAce 2.0 and Chronicles of a Hero) and then after that it just dies. To be exact what happens is when I bring it up, I then click on "create document from scratch", and then if I choose to create a new document or even open an old document, it just freezes. I've tried to correct this by removing the fonts, however even that doesn't seem to work.

This also caused problems with Microsoft Word (2003) in that it would come up, however if I clicked on the field where you change the font, or I opened the font menu, it would freeze in the same way as Photoshop would. However, for some reason, it just started working again...and Photoshop didn't. Another odd thing is that even when Photoshop and Microsoft Word were crashing, notepad was completely fine....

If anyone could help it would be greatly appreciated.

ChikoritaKaizer

Quality Check<br><span style="color: #1894fe;"><b>
Well if I remember correctly (It must have been 2+ years since I used Notepad), Notepad does not use fonts, so it is logical that it would not be affected. Have you tried reinstalling Adobe Photoshop elements to see if that fixes it?

ankoku

Yup, I did. It had no affect on the problem at all (which is very odd).

And actually, notepad does use fonts, it's just not quite as obvious, you have to select "Font" from under the Format menu....

ChikoritaKaizer

Quality Check<br><span style="color: #1894fe;"><b>
It sounds like some files were corrupted then. It may be a long shot but, in Mac OS X, Adobe Photoshop has it's own separate font folder, the font may have been installed there, so if it is the same on windows, then you could check that. As a last resort you could try to repair windows xp, if you are using windows xp, but I wouldn't try that until you absolutely must.

ankoku

Yeah....I think I'm going to hold back a while on repairing Windows XP....I actually had to do that not too long ago....and it was hellish. Completely. Because my computer only has USB ports, and yet for some reason the installation disk couldn't seem to handle my USB keyboard.

The good thing is that I have an uncorrupted version on a different computer, so for the time being I'll just use that and hope it fixes itself (it actually managed to do that one time before, so I can always hope).

Thanks for the help though...