Post your desktop! >O

Magna

http://usera.imagecave.com/Magna/desktop2.jpg
Oh, and beware, the image is 1.2MB or so o_o
Lol, I'm using Splash's Savers wallpaper xDDD
How are your desktops so clean? ;_;
Mine has junk from more than two years ago, and notice the pile of stuff in the top right corner ;_;
Notice that I left some stuff covered not to scare you off.

/dev/urandom

Magna;1458 said:
Mine has junk from more than two years ago, and notice the pile of stuff in the top right corner ;_;

That is sacrilege to Mac users everywhere. >_< The desktop is a place for drive icons and transient files, nothing more. >_< (Should be that way on any OS, really, but Windows allows programs to insist on putting icons there...)

I can't stand more than 4 icons on the desktop. It gets too cluttered, too fast. It also really slows the interface down to have to always draw all of those icons (especially in Windows).

ChikoritaKaizer

Quality Check<br><span style="color: #1894fe;"><b>
Here is my nice simple desktop that I made a couple weeks ago, I don't like to have much on my desktop, I like it nice and clean.

http://img530.imageshack.us/my.php?image=picture1nf6.png

Magna;1458 said:

How do you find anything? :confused:

Magna

ChikoritaKaizer;1521 said:
How do you find anything? :confused:

A simple search in Finder does it ;D
*is shot*

Oh, and ignore the random titles and forders, most of it is Laruku so I don't forget to burn it onto a dvd(which I forget, and it just sits there), then some Ayumi, than some scanlating stuff, then some random videos, then some PSP movies, then some hyde photos, then some photos of my dogs (we call one 'Mama', so don't be scared by that red folder), and then some school work... I think you get the idea XD

Rein

The Mysterious Stranger
Chikorita, what is that thing in the left hand corner of your screen that says "you have nothing to do now"

Looks kind of interesting. <.<;

ChikoritaKaizer

Quality Check<br><span style="color: #1894fe;"><b>
Kage;1525 said:
Lots of Macs... XDDDD

'Coarse, lots of people with good taste here :p.

Rein;1536 said:
Chikorita, what is that thing in the left hand corner of your screen that says "you have nothing to do now"

Looks kind of interesting. <.<;

That is a to do list that I downloaded a while back, it's quite useful for homework assignments. Download it here, I can't find it on the widget gallery on Yahoo's konfabulator site anymore. Download Konfabulator here.

Magna;1524 said:
A simple search in Finder does it ;D
*is shot*

Oh, and ignore the random titles and forders, most of it is Laruku so I don't forget to burn it onto a dvd(which I forget, and it just sits there), then some Ayumi, than some scanlating stuff, then some random videos, then some PSP movies, then some hyde photos, then some photos of my dogs (we call one 'Mama', so don't be scared by that red folder), and then some school work... I think you get the idea XD

Why don't you create folders like "video files", "images", "text documents", etc. or something like that?

Rein

The Mysterious Stranger
ChikoritaKaizer;1543 said:
That is a to do list that I downloaded a while back, it's quite useful for homework assignments. Download it here, I can't find it on the widget gallery on Yahoo's konfabulator site anymore. Download Konfabulator here.

Ah, I see. I have Yahoo! Widget, but I haven't been using it recently.

Magna

ChikoritaKaizer;1543 said:
Why don't you create folders like "video files", "images", "text documents", etc. or something like that?
I kinda did that, but then I ended up forgetting to put stuff in it.
Luckily you haven't seen the table on which this Mac is one, it pretty much is the same as the Mac desktop itself.
Oh yeah, I also have my dad's laptop since he got himself a new one, which I use to watch stuff when I'm too lazy to get out of bed/ off the couch. http://img149.imageshack.us/img149/686/laptopdesktopub3.png
I just realized that I have no background ;_;
I also have another Mac that broke or something and I stopped using it(last summer). It's like 10 years old and and very heavy, and freezes a lot, and takes a while after a process to launch OS X to start up. It was actually pretty organized (I think). I also had a Windows which I used when my main G5 iMac was at service about two years ago, and after a week, that desktop was cluttered with junk too. I guess some things never change (much). Before my <3ly iMac G5, I had a G3, which was even worse with the files and stuff.