.pdf?

Johnzaloog

DATS Yu-Gi-Oh! Official
.pdf?

My mom's e-mail is acting funny (she is with orange). Whenever an attachment is sent with an e-mail to her, it is always in a .pdf file, which our computer does not recognise, I'm just totally confused.

Nemomon

<b>Gaming Freak</b><br>Chip Library Evo
You must download Acrobat Reader to open .pdf files. Unless You're asking for something else...

megumi

SPAM BOT
Staff member
WARNING WARNING
Hm, just change the extension to whatever it's supposed to be. Like if it's a JPG, just change .pdf to .jpg. I think it's the servers screwing up, and the files all got renamed or something.

doyel20

If its a word file Foxit reader is good too.

b3e84a4e344c856cc6e8a07e4a16df06755957146.png

Role

Fanfic Writer & RPer
Returning Member
megumi;65823 said:
Hm, just change the extension to whatever it's supposed to be. Like if it's a JPG, just change .pdf to .jpg. I think it's the servers screwing up, and the files all got renamed or something.
You can't do that. Even if you change the extention, it's still programmed and encoded for PDF. So when you do that, you pretty much make it impossible to use.

megumi

SPAM BOT
Staff member
WARNING WARNING
From the sound of how John is describing it. The servers simply renamed the extension to .pdf. Renmaing it back to what it originally was is the easiest way. Renaming it does not re-encode it.

Role

Fanfic Writer & RPer
Returning Member
It may not be the case, though. If it is, then it should be okay, but if not, then you really need to d/l Adobe Acrobat. It's free, so you shouldn't have to worry too much.

megumi

SPAM BOT
Staff member
WARNING WARNING
We never know until he tries.

Foxit Reader is a good alternative to Adobe, as Adobe often freezes up (at least on my crappy computer).

Role

Fanfic Writer & RPer
Returning Member
Adobe in general is gained my ire. I mean, sure, everyone LOOOVES photoshop. But it makes my wallet cry. $700 for THAT? Seriously? I'll stick with a lesser program, one WORTH my money, thank-you-very-much.