Numerous Rule Changes & Explanation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dash

I Ireland
Staff member
Supreme Dictator
Numerous Rule Changes & Explanation

Please note that I just made numerous rule changes.

This is in response to cries of "Power Abuse" and "Favoritism" called out by our recently banned spammer, Rocknote.

Please read them here. Small summaries of the updates, as well as noting what was changed, are in the replies.

For those that are curious, recently we added a WSA forum here. WSA is a website run by our newest Super Moderator, Emi, and it has been incorporated into the DATS Family.

Rocknote seemed to think that Emi was breaking rules by posting links to her site in her forum, and went on for about an hour claiming such. To make it clear that this is not against the rules, I edited that portion.

Many of what we upper staff have deemed the "Rockman Spammers" claimed that I was playing (anti?)favoritism by banning Rocknote. As anyone can obviously see, Rocknote was extremely rude in this post, as well as rest of the thread. This was piled on top of many other occasions where Rocknote mouthed off to the upper staff. With that post, I had simply had enough of the rude behavior that Rocknote continually showed towards us, and banned him for a year.

That ban, after events today, has been extended to a permanent ban.

This is what encouraged the numerous updates to the "Staff Have Power" sections, including the requirement to show at least a moderate level of respect for us. You may not like us, but we do own this place, and without us, there wouldn't be a DATS. Simple as that.

And for those that do not understand, a forum, an album, a gallery, a oekaki, whatever, as long as it is accessible through a webbrowser, is a website. When an artist requests that their art be removed from other English websites, that means it hits all parts of DATS here. Albums or fanart threads are not exempt from this rule.

That's all, have a good day.

Trivial

Jared said:
Users Are Not Required To Remain Here

I thought you don;t want us Members to be active alongside with the staffs
Kinda surprised when i read that bolded phrase
But i understand now

Question
So, now, WSA is officially a part of DATS's family/part like GRN?

Vande

Evil Incarnate?
Trivial;48827 said:
I thought you don;t want us Members to be active alongside with the staffs

You can interact with us staff as long as rules are not broken. You will find us quite laid back as long as they are not broken.

*damn i hate when i mistype*

Trivial

Vande said:
You can interact with us staff as long as rules are not broken. You will find us quite laid back as long as they are not broken.

Thanks
But i still can feel that you're a Deadly Admin, Vande ^^ (Remember your previous title)

Well, my previous case had made me done enough, so i'm fine

PrimoPiccolo

After 100 Million Nights... I'm back!
Jared said:
Rocknote seemed to think that Emi was breaking rules by posting links to her site in her forum, and went on for about an hour claiming such.

That ban, after events today, has been extended to a permanent ban.
And here I thought my mood couldn't improve. Can't remember how many times I told that guy to quit disagreeing with everyone who doesn't share his POV, but he just wouldn't let his way of thinking go.

And I love the term "Rockman Spammers". Though it would set a good example for the ESL members to spell "explanation" correctly >__>

Nemomon

<b>Gaming Freak</b><br>Chip Library Evo
Triv said:
But i still can feel that you're a Deadly Admin, Vande ^^ (Remember your previous title)

That's only title. You know her enough long to know that. Yes, sometimes may be angry or something but belive me - Vande from WtW and Vande from DATS are two different Vande....

Primo said:
And I love the term "Rockman Spammers".

Heh, in fact, that's good term... But better is 'RockMan Discussion Group" :p

Vande

Evil Incarnate?
Nemomon;48869 said:
That's only title. You know her enough long to know that. Yes, sometimes may be angry or something but believe me - Vande from WtW and Vande from DATS are two different Vande....

Actually i'm not i'm the same at both sites enforcing the rules.

Nemomon

<b>Gaming Freak</b><br>Chip Library Evo
Well, for me You're more nice here than on WtW or You kill spam on WtW like lion - that's why DATS is more friendy forum for me ; )but that's not important right now.

Trivial

Jared said:
Many of what we upper staff have deemed the "Rockman Spammers"

Did you aim your gun on me too?

Rockman spammers......hmm..... means that the spammers are all Rockman series fan

Vande

Evil Incarnate?
Trivial;48909 said:
Did you aim your gun on me too?
Rockman spammers......hmm..... means that the spammers are all Rockman series fan

no we didn't, and yes the spammers were all rockman fans.

Emi-hime

<span style="color: deeppink;"><strong>#1 Subaru ♥
I just feel kind of confused that so much drama could be made out of a forum :/ I didn't make it or ask for it, Greg offered it to me and I was ecstatic to get the offer to begin with, let alone actually have a forum made for it.

I also don't understand why me contacting the artists is a big deal. People seem to think I did it out of spite when I did do it for WSA. A few of the users on the list, I have not seen any (or many) art from here at all. And one of the artists even drew this picture. If I did this out of spite, why the heck would I get rid of one of my own personal favorites and the -closest- image I had at the time of them sort of kissing? Seriously.

Anyway, I don't want to start any more drama, I just wanted to try and get some stuff said. But now, just one last thing: A Big Thank You to both Vande (who forced me to go to bed) and Greg, as I was finally able to get to sleep at night XD Woo!

Skr

Ishvalastrator
Staff member
Hell, look at what you are doing now. Every single one of your posts have almost no point... and if they do, you could have put them all in one post instead of multiple ones over a time period of 3 minutes >_>

And don't give me the "little kid" thing either, since I know most of you probably are. That still doesn't give you all the right to mouth off to upper level staff and do whatever you please. The forums are ours, DATS's, and we can do whatever we want as we please. We let you use the forums under guidelines of you following the rules. If you break the rules or do something that we deem inappropriate, you will find a one way ticket to "Rockman Spammers Jail" which is were Rocknote is and is where he shall stay. for the rest of his life.

And I dare one of you to reply to this post with something like "Thanks" and then a random comment... or even saying something that is less than a paragraph.

Dash

I Ireland
Staff member
Supreme Dictator
Trivial;48909 said:
There are others, but there is a group of spammers that are Rockman-based.

Magna

*Explanation (The thread title has been bothering me because of that ^^;)

It's hard to believe that DATS once had no rules and order and stuff >.>

Trivial

Scar said:
Hell, look at what you are doing now. Every single one of your posts have almost no point... and if they do, you could have put them all in one post instead of multiple ones over a time period of 3 minutes >_>

And don't give me the "little kid" thing either, since I know most of you probably are. That still doesn't give you all the right to mouth off to upper level staff and do whatever you please. The forums are ours, DATS's, and we can do whatever we want as we please. We let you use the forums under guidelines of you following the rules. If you break the rules or do something that we deem inappropriate, you will find a one way ticket to "Rockman Spammers Jail" which is were Rocknote is and is where he shall stay. for the rest of his life.

And I dare one of you to reply to this post with something like "Thanks" and then a random comment... or even saying something that is less than a paragraph.

Ew... isn't that too much?

Something just popped up in my head, i dunno if this is good or not
I wonder if someone could post a list of Members who are "signed" as "spammers of DATS"
Well, common-sensely, if one's name were on the list, one would be more careful, since one would knows that he was actually being a spammer and ever aimed by the staffs's shotgun

PrimoPiccolo

After 100 Million Nights... I'm back!
Trivial said:
I wonder if someone could post a list of Members who are "signed" as "spammers of DATS"
People always let spammers know what they're doing. You don't need a list.

Skr

Ishvalastrator
Staff member
Trivial;49028 said:
Ew... isn't that too much?

Something just popped up in my head, i dunno if this is good or not
Well, common-sensely, if one's name were on the list, one would be more careful, since one would knows that he was actually being a spammer and ever aimed by the staffs's shotgun

Well since the writing of that post, I've found out that you are actually older than me so the little kid thing didn't even matter. I thought you were like 10-13, but it seems not.

Also, about a "Spammer List", I'm pretty sure ones who spam know they do... and I'm sure we let them know it. (As Primo said)

Status
Not open for further replies.